Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumb and Dumber to

i........i........i just CAN'T

2/10
( 1 pt for each time i mildly guffawed )

Was over a mates , he gave me the choice of this and THE INTERVIEW......

indiana_jones_grail_knight3%5B1%5D.preview.jpg

Dumb and Dumber to

2/10

I was expecting dumb and dumber to be unwatchable, was slightly better than my expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had high hopes going in when I saw it but found it a struggle to stick with too.
Don't get me wrong i love a good mind-**** .
It had something brewing but i just couldn't be ****ed.

Dumb and Dumber to

2/10

Got 30 minutes into both those abortions of films, before switching them off. Absolute tripe targeting the lowest denomination of viewers. Still can't even fathom why I put them on in the first place.
2/10 is generous.

Judgement at Nuremberg

Watching old films is a wonderful experience. Knowing that everything you're seeing was captured in camera. No computer nonsense. And this is a great film. Some amazing performances; Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster and an Oscar winning performance from Maximilian Schell.

4/5

Shadow of a Doubt

Hitchcock's personal favourite, and certainly one of his best. Joseph Cotton (Citizen Kane) is menacingly creepy and Teresa Wright is just smart enough to work him out. But as is always the way with Hitchcock, even when you and the characters finally know what's going on, it just gets even more tense.

4/5

Rear Window

Dat set. This is an amazing film and never ceases to have the same affect. The scale of the set and the world. The way you're looking at it from James Stewart's perspective at all times. The performances of Stewart, Kelly and Ritter. The tension that builds and then climaxes in the last few minutes. How real it all feels with the diegetic soundtrack. It's just a masterpiece.

5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back