Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched Wild Card.... Enjoy most Jason Statham but this one is average at best. Started off with a bit of promise but falls off dramatically by midway and pretty much died by the end..... fight scenes were good but thats about it. Had a good cast but unfortunately the script was shit. 4/10
Always hated Jason Statham, except for 'Lock, Stock' and always thought him a thug wannabe Stallone-action-man-plastic hero which is why I am surprised at your disdain for the script. :drunk:

So I don't have to sit through this bubblegum crap could you give me some of the most cringeworthy b-grade lines from the flick, just for my own personal morbid satisfaction. :)

Enter The Void: This film is crazy. I'm not too sure how I feel about it really, I loved the cinematography and the way it was structured but the story and characters really didn't draw me in to it at all. The first hour is very good but after that it starts to become a bit of a mess and definitely runs at least an hour too long.

I was advised to watch this on acid and I'm so glad I didn't, it's a crazy enough trip as is.

Missing in Action - nothing like a good old Chuck Norris B-grader to take your mind off things whilst sinking a few beers after work...

Dumb and Dumber, To

Farrelly Bros. fire away. Some hit the target. Some miss. But they never stop firing.

Low expectations? Incredible immaturity? Both? Probably.

Anyway, there's some funny s#it in this...

Was able to download a dvd quality rip so i didn't need to go to the theater. They did use quite a few gags and lines from the original film which i found disappointing but over all it was ok i had a few laughs.

Missing in Action - nothing like a good old Chuck Norris B-grader to take your mind off things whilst sinking a few beers after work...

Silent Rage

Check it out

Amazing :)

On an unrelated note just watched The Drop.

Sensational 9.5/10

Genuinely wondering: did you expect anything more? I haven't seen the first one, but the trailer for the sequel looks unbelievably shite.
I'd only seen the first a couple of years ago and it was horrid. I was probably a victim of being more intelligent when I saw it and not a child. I still watched the second out of curiosity and it was even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely wondering: did you expect anything more? I haven't seen the first one, but the trailer for the sequel looks unbelievably shite.
Was expecting quite a lot more than a rehash of the most annoying sound ever considering Carrey and Daniels borh came back for the reunion as you could call it.
The first dumb & dumber was great and worked like clockwork between the to. :thumbsu:
This one, to long, to little, to late.

D&D to

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
OMG
I think the measure of any film is "do you want to see this again?" and if so, "when?"

YES and Very Very Soon like as in tonight, tomorrow or early next week.

What a GREAT film!!

Hint
Do not leave when the Credits first start rolling....ok.. you've been warned.
Parts of the film reminded me of modern Zombie films. Another part, which is just brilliant reminded me of the line from Iron Man 3 "Clean Slate Protocol Sir" this is just a wild film that is sometimes in the tradition of your James Bonds and other times not.

Enjoy​

Last edited:
Jules Dassin's Brute Force, from 1947.

Pretty good, at times a bit slowgoing and the whole "Good men at heart, just those evil women leading them astray" thing doesn't translate well today, but the action scenes at the end are pretty awesome and brutal for its time. Strange to see Hume Cronyn play such an arseh*le. Burt Lancaster was such a great star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back