Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

MATHEW WALKER BECOMES A GULL​

26-09-22

SIGNED_ON.png

Mathew Walker has found his way to Williamstown as he looks to don the blue and gold in season 2023.

Recruited from North Melbourne, Walker will be a great addition for the Seagulls as his outstanding goal sense and tireless work rate will compliment the other Williamstown key forwards.

His class was highlighted last season in an amazing five-goal performance against the Northern Bullants in round 14.

He now joins alongside other key signings such as Cameron Polson, Finbar O'Dwyer, James Cousins, Jack Toner and Tom Downie.

Ollie Hanrahan having a year off after a couple of very good seasons with Werribee

"Meanwhile Ollie Hanrahan recently informed the club he will take some time away from football in 2023 after deciding to focus on cricket over the next 12 months.

Harahan joined Werribee after five seasons in the AFL with Hawthorn and was a quality addition for the club with his class on full display in several matches in 2022, most notably against his former club Box Hill in round 19.

Hanrahan will appear for Hawthorn Kingston in Victorian Premier Cricket this summer and then plans to spend next winter playing in England."

JONES JOINS THE 'GULLS​

By Paddy Farley
20-10-22

SIGNED_ON_7.png

Williamstown's midfield has once again been boosted with the inclusion of former North Melbourne captain, Harry Jones.
Making the trek from Arden Street, Jones will add so much to the Seagulls in 2023 with both his experience and skill around the ground. An inside midfielder that is also elite by foot, Jones could be very crucial for the men in blue and gold next season as they look to climb up the ladder after an indifferent 2022.
The inside-mid has been recognised of late when it comes to awards season, winning North Melbourne's VFL Best and Fairest in 2021.
He is a much needed addition for the Seagulls who look to play September footy next season.

JONES ALL ABOUT THE WILLIAMSTOWN CULTURE.​

By Paddy Farley

15-11-22

Stand Alone football clubs are so unique, new recruit Harry Jones highlights how much he is looking forward to the experience ahead of season 2023.

It can sometimes feel like an alternate universe for an ex-AFL player when they walk into a stand-alone club, some embracing it, some not so much. Jones cannot wait to get underway at the 'Gulls as he sees so many positives not being affiliated with an AFL club.

"It seems like a really tight community, which is really attractive to me." Jones said.

Throughout Williamstown's history there has been an essence around everything they do, whether it be rallying when times get tough both on and off the field or making the opposition earn the footy at all costs.

All of those little intricacies can be linked to one thing, mateship. The ex-North skipper envied what Williamstown had when he came up against them and is looking forward to being able to experience it himself.

"You always notice a general camaraderie when you'd play against Williamstown, they celebrate goals and seem to appreciate those little wins more than anyone else." he said.

The inside mid isn't walking into the club blind however, as he has crossed paths with some old a new Seagulls along his footballing journey.

"I'm pretty keen to play with James Cousins again, along with one of my really good mates in Mat Walker who has come across this year as well."

But it's the tangible things that really attract Jones to Point Gellibrand which has just become second nature at DSV Stadium, with a family aspect being prominent in his mind.

"The culture I have seen at non-affiliated clubs, especially Williamstown seems a lot more fun, having the Thursday night dinners after training and beers in the changerooms after a win with the family, it's exciting." he said.

Jones will look to propel the Seagulls up the ladder in 2023 as they look to return to where they belong. It won't just be his on-field skill that will help the 'Towners but his leadership and want for team success.

Former Hawk player Darren Minchington has signed up with Beaconsfield FC.

The former St.Kilda and hawthorn player has played 32 games in the AFL.

He will be a great acquisition to the club, as they enter their 2nd year into the very strong EFNL competition playing in the 1st division.

Attachments

• IMG_5268.PNG
    IMG_5268.PNG
    595.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Does anyone know why Teia Miles didn’t make it? I always thought he was a good player just watched replay of 2018 vfl grand final he seemed to have all the attributes such a shame.
Loves the punt too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connor Downie following Clarko to North to play in their VFL team.....

And North Melbourne appears to have been busy at the VFL recruiting table under new coach Tom Lynch. Ex-Hawk Connor Downie and former Bulldog Louie Butler have both been linked to the Kangaroos’ VFL side, while ex-Power and Saints defender Jarrod Lienert has been linked to assistant coaching role under Lynch.

HAWTHORN

Jackson Callow (delisted) –
Norwood (SANFL)

Connor Downie (delisted) – TBC, but linked to North Melbourne (VFL)

Kyle Hartigan (delisted) – TBC

Ben McEvoy (retired) – TBC, but has returned to the family farm in Dederang

Tom Phillips (delisted) – Essendon (VFL)

Jack Saunders (delisted) – Norwood (SANFL)

Good luck to him, I'm still a little bummed that we didn't offer him an extra year- I hope he wins his way back onto a list.
You couldn’t make that offer based on what I saw, he seemed to show no appetite for the contest. There was a huge opportunity for him to grab a wing spot too, so would have expected more urgency. Maybe the delisting is the kick up the backside he needs to make it, but I don’t think he was going anywhere on our list. I think it is more likely he follows the same path as Billy Hartung.

Looks trimmer than when at Hawthorn. Didn't see a picture of him in quite awhile though so that may be unfair.
Unfortunately for him doesn't look like he's add a lot of bulk in the places he needs to to be overcome his shortcomings.

Last edited:
Welcome to Kansas, Punter Damon Greaves

From Box Hill Hawks to Hawthorn Hawks to Kansas Jayhawks - one a Hawk, always a Hawk!

Another graduate from ProKick Australia - supplying a steady stream of Aussie punters to US College Football and NFL.

Well it was the one element of football that Greaves certainly excelled at. Glad to see him get his opportunity.

Will Golds and Tom Phillips at the Bombers VFL this year.

Hate that it's a betting company ad, but I love the fact that Big Boy McEvoy suits up to play with his brothers for Colbinabbin and still gets his brow busted open. Either he always cracks in hard or that scar tissue is a killer, I like to think both.

Hate that it's a betting company ad, but I love the fact that Big Boy McEvoy suits up to play with his brothers for Colbinabbin and still gets his brow busted open. Either he always cracks in hard or that scar tissue is a killer, I like to think both.

Honestly hard to tell their brothers then you see their smile and wonder if their twins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back