Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Fine there's not. But to say Occy et al beat world class horses because they beat each other is laughable.

The Japan Cup has come 10 furlongs since Australia was last competitive in it. Who was the best horse BLU beat in his?
Belmez was in the race and it won the 1990 King George stakes. it finished midfield

Impossible to compare the quality of eras accurately.

Winning 9 Gp 1s in a row speaks for itself.
not nine in a row, there was a couple of group 2s in there. I am pretty sure Might and Power, Northerly, and the others i named before would have won all those as well, she has no opposition. like nothing. she is doing a Lohnro, beating *******s at WFA, BUT i will say again she is still a champ, she is way better than Lohnro

Even if she is only beating *******s like Criterion and Highland Reel. She is beating them by panels with ease.

Northerly couldn't even win in Sydney so I highly doubt he'd be able to put a similar win streak together.

If these horses were so good why did they get beat all the time?

i have already said its because cos they were meeting better horses and they found it harder to control a race like she does. Saintly was worse in Sydney, I am pretty sure Octagonal would have been good enough to finish midfield in the 1992 Cox plate because there is a lead through Mahogany If Northerly came around would you be saying Sunline was the greatest of all time? she won overseas and would have won 3 cox plates. But Northerly was better. Why didnt Winx run in the queen Elizabeth of the Mckinnon stakes? Northerly would have run in both. so would have most of hte horses i mentioned. Her record is being protected, whereas in the past the horses ran even if they were injured (see Black Caviar)

I keep saying she is an alltime great!! but she has an asterix. that asterix could be removed if some superstar 3 year olds come along or she goes overseas and she wins. But at the moment i cannot say she is the bets in the last 25 years cos there are question marks, even you would agree with this..

lol Hartnell has beaten To The World on his ear and Jameka who subsequently pasted euro WFA horses in the CC. the CP is by no way a true indication of how good he is. as for winx she's the best middle distance horse in the world. we haven't had that since Kingston Town. she'd need to win another CP to overtake him but she's got the last 25 years covered.

lol Hartnell has beaten To The World on his ear and Jameka who subsequently pasted euro WFA horses in the CC. the CP is by no way a true indication of how good he is. as for winx she's the best middle distance horse in the world. we haven't had that since Kingston Town. she'd need to win another CP to overtake him but she's got the last 25 years covered.
you are on drugs seriously. Northerly Better Loosen Up, Horlicks, Naturalism, were all the best middle distance horses of the time So You think was close. Starcraft.. Strawberry Road... go study the tapes.
Your ratings system needs serious work

I love how a horse can get marked down for being "too good". Because horses like Octagonal, Filante, Saintly and NLD weren't as good they took turns with their wins so on paper when they do win their wins looks better. If any of them were as dominant as Winx though none of the opposition would have such good records so then the wins wouldnt be rated as highly. Its backwards logic

I love how a horse can get marked down for being "too good". Because horses like Octagonal, Filante, Saintly and NLD weren't as good they took turns with their wins so on paper when they do win their wins looks better. If any of them were as dominant as Winx though none of the opposition would have such good records so then the wins wouldnt be rated as highly. Its backwards logic
ughh. what you guys cant get through your heads and probably why you cannot win on the punt is because when there are 5 or 6 horses in a race of similar ability its a lot harder to be able to dictate the race and therefore be dominant because you have so many horses you have to worry about, Is there any chance that O F S and NLD were just classes above the others and just came about in the same season cos thats what happened, and then in other seasons there is nothing (Pinker Pinker, Solvit, Shamaus Award, Rising Prince, Fields of Ocat) , and in other seasons there are horses like So You Think and Winx and Sunline before Northerly came around who were just lengths better than the horses they met and therefore classed as the best since Kingston Town..

i have already said its because cos they were meeting better horses and they found it harder to control a race like she does. Saintly was worse in Sydney, I am pretty sure Octagonal would have been good enough to finish midfield in the 1992 Cox plate because there is a lead through Mahogany If Northerly came around would you be saying Sunline was the greatest of all time? she won overseas and would have won 3 cox plates. But Northerly was better. Why didnt Winx run in the queen Elizabeth of the Mckinnon stakes? Northerly would have run in both. so would have most of hte horses i mentioned. Her record is being protected, whereas in the past the horses ran even if they were injured (see Black Caviar)

I keep saying she is an alltime great!! but she has an asterix. that asterix could be removed if some superstar 3 year olds come along or she goes overseas and she wins. But at the moment i cannot say she is the bets in the last 25 years cos there are question marks, even you would agree with this..

Sorry mate but you are a complete **** if you think she has an Asterix. The QE and LVS Mackinnon calls were bad but none of her main rivals went to either so winning those would have proven nothing to you because she would have been beating the same 'camels'.

Northerly dogged the Melbourne Cup when the treble was on. Octoganal was ordinary as an older hose.

The FACT is she wins over ALL DISTANCES, ALL STATES AGAINST ALL COMERS. You are kidding yourself and give the game away if you think her record is being protected. She has just won 2 Cox Plates and a Doncaster with a huge mares weight on a complete bog. Sorry but you've got no clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CP is exactly a true indication of where Hartnell is at - he has been pasted by Winx every time they have met and she did so again there. He is just another horse your opinion is inflated of because of a freak speed rating in their career.

Sorry mate but you are a complete **** if you think she has an Asterix. The QE and LVS Mackinnon calls were bad but none of her main rivals went to either so winning those would have proven nothing to you because she would have been beating the same 'camels'.

Northerly dogged the Melbourne Cup when the treble was on. Octoganal was ordinary as an older hose.

The FACT is she wins over ALL DISTANCES, ALL STATES AGAINST ALL COMERS. You are kidding yourself and give the game away if you think her record is being protected. She has just won 2 Cox Plates and a Doncaster with a huge mares weight on a complete bog. Sorry but you've got no clue.
so sunline was better then cos she won overseas??

you are on drugs seriously. Northerly Better Loosen Up, Horlicks, Naturalism, were all the best middle distance horses of the time So You think was close. Starcraft.. Strawberry Road... go study the tapes.
Your ratings system needs serious work

Lol Nautralism is the best of his time but So You Think was 'close'?

insert Billy Madison we are dumber for having listened to it quote

ughh. what you guys cant get through your heads and probably why you cannot win on the punt is because when there are 5 or 6 horses in a race of similar ability its a lot harder to be able to dictate the race and therefore be dominant because you have so many horses you have to worry about, Is there any chance that O F S and NLD were just classes above the others and just came about in the same season cos thats what happened, and then in other seasons there is nothing (Pinker Pinker, Solvit, Shamaus Award, Rising Prince, Fields of Ocat) , and in other seasons there are horses like So You Think and Winx and Sunline before Northerly came around who were just lengths better than the horses they met and therefore classed as the best since Kingston Town..

Lol - how did Octagonal and NLD go once they had to face older horses without a weight allowance? You think all 5 of that group are better than Winx

Are you having a laff?

Sunline race record 48 starts 32 wins 11 million bucks , 2 cox plates 2 doncasters one with 58 kgs 3 years apart, 2 coolmores, hong kong mile at least 18 group 1 races ... but not as good as Northerly ....
notice how he was 3 wide ...
Sunline did this the year before

amongs the losers that Testa Rossa, Referral, Tie The Knot, Shogun Lodge. and the track wasnt biased affected

Lol - how did Octagonal and NLD go once they had to face older horses without a weight allowance? You think all 5 of that group are better than Winx

Are you having a laff?
i am no fan of Octagonal, he was way overrated, but he still is in the top 100 horses of Australia of all time. NLD was a good horse who would win lots of group 1 races if he was around today but probably in the class of Hartcat. Winx has beaten nothing

i am no fan of Octagonal, he was way overrated, but he still is in the top 100 horses of Australia of all time. NLD was a good horse who would win lots of group 1 races if he was around today but probably in the class of Hartcat. Winx has beaten nothing

635921402871523514-321901141_tumblr_m451fqpNox1r6zkjm.gif

you are arguing that Winx is the best horse in the last 25 years, im arguing that your statement is arguable

Not sure what that has to do with Sunline winning overseas but given some of the other logic you've put up so far that doesn't surprise me.

Not sure what that has to do with Sunline winning overseas but given some of the other logic you've put up so far that doesn't surprise me.
winx worse record than sunline, you say have to win overseas to be a superstar, winx has not done that sunline has, so refute that Sunline is not better than Winx then. go on, you are catergorically adamant Winx was better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back