Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought BC was fully released when it ran down Hay List on the 2013 TJ Smith at Randwick

And the Lightning when she dropped back from 1400 against Hay List

gees trying to find a decent version of the race is hard. Why doesnt every raceclub have a video of every race and especially every good race on their websites.. its a no brainer for me

anyway i like how she had to pull out all stops means she only won by 2 and broke a track record, She had lots up her sleeve, Nolan rode to win rather than to extend her. he went too slow early and Hay List put some pressure on her.then she found and he never really went for her. I think people wanted her to win so much that they got scared when she only won by 2 lengths!

I think it can be a bit deceptive when you have such a long striding mare like BC. Never looks like she is putting in much effort.

I think the Winx doubters are being a bit silly though. I'm old enough to remember Kingston Town (and Dulcify for that matter) and Winx is up there.
I am not a Winx doubter!! shes a champ. but there is an asterix on her opposition!

gees trying to find a decent version of the race is hard. Why doesnt every raceclub have a video of every race and especially every good race on their websites.. its a no brainer for me

anyway i like how she had to pull out all stops means she only won by 2 and broke a track record, She had lots up her sleeve, Nolan rode to win rather than to extend her. he went too slow early and Hay List put some pressure on her.then she found and he never really went for her. I think people wanted her to win so much that they got scared when she only won by 2 lengths!

Dont think its a given had heaps up her sleeve

This is like the mugs r us blackbooker that gets blocked for a run and doesn't go off the bridle yet finishes 2-5L off them.

90% of the time they wouldn't find much more had they got a run. Just like BC wouldn't win the lightning by 6 had she been tested. Sometimes it's deceiving and those controlled gallops can very much help those big horses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is like the mugs r us blackbooker that gets blocked for a run and doesn't go off the bridle yet finishes 2-5L off them.

90% of the time they wouldn't find much more had they got a run. Just like BC wouldn't win the lightning by 6 had she been tested. Sometimes it's deceiving and those controlled gallops can very much help those big horses.
false

this is a case of jockey being jockeys and riding to win rather than trying to run at their optimum for the whole race. i fully beleive if allowed to run on her merits she would have broken 55 seconds easily, but Nolen rode to beat Hay List, He got a bit of a scare when Hay List went before Black Caviar but she put 2 lengths on him in the last 100m which is hard to do when she is racing one of the top 20 sprinters ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back