Opinion Which club do you hate the most?

Which club do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the hype of Essendon is another factor, which doesn't have much to do with the club. I feel like they are hyped every preseason, and every time they win back to back games by the media.

I think the hype of Essendon is another factor, which doesn't have much to do with the club. I feel like they are hyped every preseason, and every time they win back to back games by the media.
Big club sells paper, clickbait.

I don't understand hating teams on being successful in recent times. Tiger fans are insufferable, but Collingwood and Essendon still way ahead on the most hated club stakes as a Carlton supporter.

People think we are “insufferable” because of our recent success, this happens with everybody. Nobody had a problem with us when we were crap as we were no threat to anyone’s team winning the flag. I guarantee 80% of vic people wanted us to win in 2017 then when it looked like we weren’t going to be a flash in the pan like the 2016 dogs you started turning on us.

Essendon is unique cause of the drug stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People think we are “insufferable” because of our recent success, this happens with everybody. Nobody had a problem with us when we were crap as we were no threat to anyone’s team winning the flag. I guarantee 80% of vic people wanted us to win in 2017 then when it looked like we weren’t going to be a flash in the pan like the 2016 dogs you started turning on us.

Essendon is unique cause of the drug stuff.

Nah Richmond supporters change from lifetime mocked losers to arrogant Richmond Supremacists was just a phenomenon that could have a psychological wing at a University dedicated to it.

Scott Pendlebury claims people don't hate us anymore, but I don't agree with that. Lots of people hate us.

Scott Pendlebury claims people don't hate us anymore, but I don't agree with that. Lots of people hate us.

Pies hate is weird. People are just expected to hate them, don’t even know why. Maybe success from the pre WW2 era or something and it’s gone on for that long?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies hate is weird. People are just expected to hate them, don’t even know why. Maybe success from the pre WW2 era or something and it’s gone on for that long?

For some, it's the brainless following the sheep. They don't know why they hate. They just do.

My dislike almost always stems from the fanbase. Personally, Collingwood only have a couple of people I know who are one-eyed morons - which is actually quite low compared to other teams I have encountered. Collingwood are not a team I hate personally

Imagine how hated Essendon would be if they were currently enjoying an era of success similar to that of Geelong, or if they won 3 flags in 4 years like Richmond did recently.

Imagine how hated Essendon would be if they were currently enjoying an era of success similar to that of Geelong, or if they won 3 flags in 4 years like Richmond did recently.
Essendon don't need to be successful for me to hate them

The fans I know (and I know plenty) are too often one-eyed morons who cannot look at the game objectively. Its all about "Essedon" and nobody else

Some feel that their successful past gives them a right to ongoing success, and some still think James Hird is JC on Wheels and that the club 'did nothing wrong' a decade ago re: injection program, and won't listen to any rational argument that challenges their perception that they were nothing but an unjustified scapegoat

I personally love that people come to Geelong and become Geelong-people (except Gary Ayres, of course)
"Essedon" don't embrace outsiders all that much. Yes, people will talk about Sheedy, but he started 40 years ago and left 15 years ago. A lot has changed and the track record since then has been very, very, very poor. The treatment of Rutten really says it all. The place is a rotten egg-fart

When things were going bad for Mark Thompson in early 2004, I wrote to the club as I believed he was a great coach and would deliver success, and did not want to see him leave at that time. It was clear the players like him, and that the group needed to mature and accept responsibility

Geelong's best years in my time following footy have been under Blight, Thompson and Scott - three players who had absolutely no involvement with Geelong as players, at all. All three have been great in their own way - though admittedly, Scott is my least favourite of the three. He likes too much cream on his waffle...

Like Carlton, "Essedon's" obsession with its 16 VFL/AFL (not VFA) flags is a pain in the arse. 10 of those were before 1960. 4 after 1980. 2 since 1990
They're equal with Collingwood for premierships in the AFL-era, yet some of them behave like all 16 were won over the past 32 seasons...
They'll bag out Collingwood endlessly for its loss of grand finals - but Collingwood fans in my experience are far more grounded - despite all the stereotypes.
Fact remains that Essendon is no more successful than Collingwood in terms of premierships in the AFL era. Since 2000 - when Essendon were premiers and Collingwood were 15th, Collingwood have been far, far superior in many ways.

And lastly, too many of them can't even pronounce their club's name properly. There are two Ns in Essendon.

Essendon will one day turn good, and I am not looking forward to that day. They are a sleeping giant and IMO will become the biggest club in the AFL when that happens.

Flame on.

Last edited:

Yeah I don't get it, if it wasn't for Eddie being a bit of a tosser I don't think there has been any reason to hate Collingwood.

Carlton and Richmond fans were always the rudest more disrespectful fans I dealt with when working at the G. West Coast and Adelaide fans were the nicest by far but that's probably a measure of the type of fan than can afford to travel during the season.

Personally still cannot stand Hawthorn, but that's probably coming down to a healthy hatred of snobs, Kennett and playing a style of footy that was so repulsive that it that resulted in an immediate rule change.

Back