Which new recruit are you most excited about?

Which new recruit are you most excited about?

• Sharenberg

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Freeman

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Marsh

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Langdon

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Adams

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • White

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Karnezis

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Armstrong

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited that one of them may be crowned our new whipping boy.
Armstrong would have pretty short odds for the honors. However he may not get enough game time in the the firsts to really warrant the selection. The smart money probably lies with White in my opinion.

Peter Daicos always said he was taller than official records state he said he was measured when he first came to pies and that was his official height for the rest of his career even tho he grew a couple of inches these 18/19 yr olds they finished growing when they where drafted don't think so I am one who wouldn't be speculating on players heights either way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scharenberg is the one I'm most excited about long term but for immediate impact I can't look beyond White or Adams.

Both should feature immediately in our best side.

Scharenberg is the one I'm most excited about long term but for immediate impact I can't look beyond White or Adams.

Both should feature immediately in our best side.

Yeah White probably the most important one as IF he plays well he will really help Cloke out, in that he won't get Double or Tripled Team and get more 1 on 1's

Yeah White probably the most important one as IF he plays well he will really help Cloke out, in that he won't get Double or Tripled Team and get more 1 on 1's

I still think the forward line should be Cloke, Reid and White.

That combo will give Cloke SO much freedom.

I still think the forward line should be Cloke, Reid and White.

That combo will give Cloke SO much freedom.

Well Reid is a great shot for Goal now which makes him even more Dangerous

Well Reid is a great shot for Goal now which makes him even more Dangerous
If Cloke's kicking accuracy hasn't improved significantly over the offseason, i'd be inclined to play Reid closer to goal and have Trav roaming around the 50m mark. I think it can be underestimated how much missing set shots hurts the team in a close game, especially after everybody has worked their asses off to get the ball into a scoring position in the 50. On top of that, Cloke seems to be strangely more accurate from 50 out that he is 15 meters from goal.

This guy, just look at him :eek:
a9amute5.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think that how I sum him up to. At his Best he can be good as Buddy but He hardly touches the Ball and Because everything is go, go, go with Marsh, he can do a lot of things in a rush and lack some composure. His kicking is also very hit-or-miss, as seen in his goalkicking numbers for East Fremantle, where he kicked 20 goals and 37 behinds in 13 games.

He is very Raw but I say great selection for your Last Pick in the National Draft in the 5th Round. You get a Player who upside could mean he can come a Real Star of the Comp and can Win Games off his own feet but Also is so Raw that he could be a Total Bust.

But I think a 5th Round(Pick 77) is worth the Shot. He would of gone very High in the Rookie Draft IF he got there. Top 3 with the Upside he has.

57 shots on goal, in 13 games makes me very excited. I was scoffing at the Buddy comparison till I saw this

Adams looks like a solid pick for the year and Langdon is the dark horse slipping under the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

57 shots on goal, in 13 games makes me very excited. I was scoffing at the Buddy comparison till I saw this

True that he got a lot of shots on Goal.

Thought his Accuracy is like Cloke;)

TBH Young excites me the most, even if he was recruited 2012 free agency period. Can't wait to see him running down the wing and pinpointing a pass to Jessie White right on the 50. Then White loads up and kicks it over the goal umpires hat.

Realistically, Adams is the one Im the most excited about this season. He can definitely play and I am looking forward to seeing how he performs within an elite midfield unit. Marsh is also an intriguing prospect and has that x factor but I dont see him doing that much just yet. Jesse White is also in for a big year for sure!!

Realistically, Adams is the one Im the most excited about this season. He can definitely play and I am looking forward to seeing how he performs within an elite midfield unit. Marsh is also an intriguing prospect and has that x factor but I dont see him doing that much just yet. Jesse White is also in for a big year for sure!!
Yeah I think Marsh was recruited as a kinda long term project even know he is on the senior list. Was only playing WAFL colts I think and was also playing in as key a key forward which he wasn't enjoying (he prefers mid I believe). So still yet to really find a position...
I'm really excited about Adam's considering he was recruited as a potential future captain, they must believe he will be a superstar!

Yeah I think Marsh was recruited as a kinda long term project even know he is on the senior list. Was only playing WAFL colts I think and was also playing in as key a key forward which he wasn't enjoying (he prefers mid I believe). So still yet to really find a position...
I'm really excited about Adam's considering he was recruited as a potential future captain, they must believe he will be a superstar!
Yeah everyone talks about Marsh's innacurate kicking for goal and forget that his position all through his career until the colts final series was as a mid. Now just put that height, pace and ball handling into the midfield and the goalkicking is not an issue. When he needs a rest slip him down into the backline and use him as 3rd man up.

Sure he's raw - as a KPF, but as a mid there is a lot to work with.

Adams - straight off the cuff this young bloke excited me immediately, impacts us straight away with his midfield in and under work. Suddenly, Blair's spot appears under pressure now.
White- 30 goals for the Swans last is nothing to sneer at and so i believe an repeat of that will go a long way to deflecting focus of Trav.

As a project player...Marsh is perfect! Has devastating speed and underrated strength. Potential tall midfield option?? Perhaps. With plenty of X factor, the Pies coaching staff would be loving the challenge of harnessing this guys talent. Could he fall into the unlimited potential category? Most of the pieces are there. Just a matter of putting them together and adding a few. The Pies will be viewing this as a 2-3 year project and see where its at then. A lot of the technical stuff like positioning and set plays will come with time and his possession count will improve as well as his skills and his engine. Its like catching a real fast wild horse and trying to teach it how to run in horse races...maybe. Very exciting prospect and an absolute bargain from the draft!

Back