List Mgmt. Which player should remain on the list?

Which uncontracted player remains?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to go with Lucas first with Mitch a possible chance, too, if there is another spot. Ellard not skilful or fast enough and McLean ... well, if he got any slower he'd be moon walking.

Does anyone blot a copybook anymore? You'd need an inkwell for starters.

Went from HB to ballpoint. The Grade 4 teacher said my cursive script was perfect, didn't need that stencil overlay anymore, yet the desk still had the inkwell hole........used to stick my chewy in there.

Pretty sure some hippy scrawled 'T-60 was here' with his protractor stick.

Last edited:
Voted for Lucas on a needs basis. We need good outside run. Things havent clicked for him, but we dont have a lot of depth in this area.....where we do have depth for both Robbo and McLean, and I expect we are picking up Tutt to replace Ellard.

Went from HB to ballpoint. The Grade 4 teacher said my cursive script was perfect, didn't need that stencil overlay anymore, yet the desk still had the inkwell hole........used to stick my chewy in there.

Pretty sure some hippy scrawled 'T-60 was here' with his protractor stick.
compass..

Mitch is the most likely to play another 75 games.
Kane has the most upside.
Brock isn't sure he doesn't want to retire.
David gives 100%.

So Ellard.

As I said in another thread, Mitch and Kane are the most likely to be re-drafted and both need a change of club. If that's the case, let them be free. So I'd keep Ellard and re-draft Brock as a rookie, if he doesn't retire that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In any case, we'll be having this conversation in 12 months time regarding whomsoever stays.

Oct 2015: Judd and Carrazzo to retire, with Armfield, Warnock and Watson delisted.

Robinson is the better footballer out of the lot but has discipline issues and isn't a world beater. Tries hard has his moments, capable of getting it 30 times and kicking a few goals but disposal and ball handling can be costly. Depending on the clubs stance he'd be the most useful player to keep.

Mclean is a close second but his weaknesses get exploited and looks close to an early retirement. Leg speed has become a real problem and his kicking isn't great. Can still find plenty of the footy though. Fairly smart hard working player. Would offer something as a depth player but wont be around in a few years when we hope to be back up and about.

Lucas and Ellard are about the same level. Ellard gives it his all and is super competitive, capable of kicking the odd goal and doing a role through the middle and is a strong tackler. His finishing has become poor, he's a little slow for a small forward, lacks a bit of size and hasn't put the numbers on the board and has become very injury prone. Ellard does set a good example. Lucas lacks competitiveness and is scared of contesting at ground level which sends a poor message to the other players. His disposal is ordinary and he's a very poor tackler. His leg speed is good and he's decent overhead for his size. Seems to be able to kick the odd goal. If we were able to splice Lucas and Ellard together we'd have a player!
We're short a small forward and Ellard gives us depth in this area. Lucas is younger, Ellard isn't old both have age on their side.

To be honest I can't see any of these players being best 22 if we manage to build a strong team in a few years time, if any of them are close it's Robinson. Pretty tough decision, lots of for and against, I don't think this call will have a big influence on our future.

No idea where all the Lucas love is suddenly coming from... He's getting better and better the further from the end of season we get.

Robinson the most likely to make a meaningful contribution to the side, but him lying to the club and potentially not having the players respect is an issue. I voted McLean but would vote Robbo IF the players are happy to give him a final chance.

Tough one.

Mitch is a good player who contributes to the team but has lost trust of the club and players and obviously issues getting suspended/off field dramas etc.

Brock is also a good player, probably the most useful/does the most out of all 4. Problem is hes getting old now and won't be around for long and is abit of a sook.

Ellard is a decent player who busts his back side off which is what our team needs , but is the least talented of the 4.

Lucas does nothing but has the most potiental of all 4. Could become a very good player for us, but thats the thing, COULD...

My pick is lucas, its worth rolling the dice on him, low risk high reward imo.

Then id pick lucas as 2nd, tries really hard which is much needed.

Mitch 3rd because hes a hardnut, would put him 2nd if he didnt get suspended all the time.

Brock last simply because he is getting old now and won't really contribute to the distant future.

No idea where all the Lucas love is suddenly coming from... He's getting better and better the further from the end of season we get.

Robinson the most likely to make a meaningful contribution to the side, but him lying to the club and potentially not having the players respect is an issue. I voted McLean but would vote Robbo IF the players are happy to give him a final chance.
Re: Lucas, people are unfairly harsh and refuse to see the good things he does or brings to the team, so those with a little more sympathy for him do the opposite. Like most topics, the truth is probably somewhere in between!

Lucas because he seems to me the only one with upside. It could just be wishful thinkg mind you.

What you see is what you get with the rest. I agree with gbatman that robbo is the most valuable player.

McLean has under delivered for Carlton according to his pay scale.
Lucas has under delivered on his draft pick #.
Ellard has over delivered on his pay scale
Robbo has not only over delivered on pay scale and draft # - he has also changed the course of matches.

Robbo is a no brainer on every rational front based on delivery in this bunch Carlton have totally stuffed up Robbo as far as value to the Club goes - because in declaring he is gone - his trade value has been zip.

None of these would be good enough to get a starting 22 possie in any Carlton side capable of making a GF.

How people are voting Lucas is seriously beyond me.

He is by far the worst player of those 4.

Robbo can probably bring the most to the team but we all know the situation he is in.

Mclean knows how to find it, is just slow.

Ellard has a fair crack, and gets everything out of his ability.

Lucas does not have a crack. Potentially has the most talent of the lot but just doesn't want it enough, and is not willing to put his body on the line enough. He is purely an outside player and is not polished enough at AFL level to play this role. Turns the ball over far to much for a player who is purely a outside footballer.

He is by far the worst player of those 4 in my opinion.

Robbo can probably bring the most to the team but we all know the situation he is in.

Lucas does not have a crack. Potentially has the most talent of the lot but just doesn't want it enough, and is not willing to put his body on the line enough. He is purely an outside player and is not polished enough at AFL level to play this role. Turns the ball over far to much for a player who is purely a outside footballer.

He is by far the worst player of those 4.

Yeah he was a turnover KING at 74% disposal efficiency for the 7 games he played in 2014...

Never mind that 74% is better than Yarran.

See what I mean? People tend to make their mind up on a player at some point and then absolutely nothing they do will change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back