NFL Which Team Needs a QB? Kyle Orton Now Available

Remove this Banner Ad

Broncos today released Kyle Orton from the remainder of his contract (ran out at the end of this season), giving him an opportunity to show his stuff at another team.

So who's in desperate need of a QB?

Re: Which team needs a QB? Kyle Orton now available

Texans may need one

images

Bears.....

Was going to say the Broncos.....!

But yeah kind of funny if he goes back to Bears, but would be a better option than Hanie.

Bears, Colts, Texans, Chiefs and eventually Seahawks all could do with his services.

I'd say its a waste for the Colts to take him, they may as well continue to suck, what's the point in doing anything else. The Bears and Texans may as well give their back ups a go first but could sign him for depth. Chiefs would have to think about him.

Sources: Bears to claim Kyle Orton

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7269812/sources-chicago-bears-put-claim-kyle-orton

sources familiar with the situation said the Chicago Bears plan to put in a waiver claim to facilitate a potential reunion........The NFL bases waiver claim priority on inverse order of the current standings......The Houston Chronicle tweeted that the Texans have no interest in Orton.

So the Bears want Orton, and they'll get him as long as nobody with a worse record than them claims him.

Giants could use one that doesnt fumble in the last two minutes of close divisional games.
Eagles could use one that isn't paid 50 times his worth based on one certain MNF game against the Redskins...

Eagles could use one that isn't paid 50 times his worth based on one certain MNF game against the Redskins...

Its ok. We've got Young. :)

And I actually think it was 'miracle 2' which drove the price up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do I. Dont rate him, would be spewing if he beat my team by throwing to a reciever who hadnt caught a catch all year.
Dream Team - 4-6
Team coming into the year riddled with injuries and most tipping 6 wins at most - 6-4

Can't be overly disappointed.

Don't worry though, I hope for many more years of people questioning why Vick and the Eagles just can't get it done, with most of them unable to see the problem is Vick himself. You are Philly fan though so I guess you would continue to accept 'winning the division' just for bragging rights.

As opposed to being happy with the Giants looking like world beaters in the first half of the season and being pathetic in the second?

Heres the thing: If you actually rated Eli youd be upset as all hell, and wanting to capitalise on his peak QB years. It seems more like you're satisfied with fluking the one during his tenure though. Suggests you dont really think hes a gun QB at all.

As opposed to being happy with the Giants looking like world beaters in the first half of the season and being pathetic in the second?

Heres the thing: If you actually rated Eli youd be upset as all hell, and wanting to capitalise on his peak QB years. It seems more like you're satisfied with fluking the one during his tenure though. Suggests you dont really think hes a gun QB at all.

That's one more than the Eagles have ever won.

I have my expectations, I just don't cry like a bitch every time my team loses a game like some people on here, only to come back the next week and talk s**t as if my team was worth something after an 'honourable win' that means nothing to the winning team.

That's one more than the Eagles have ever won.

Thankyou for this ground breaking contribution.

I have my expectations, I just don't cry like a bitch every time my team loses a game like some people on here, only to come back the next week and talk s**t as if my team was worth something after an 'honourable win' that means nothing to the winning team.

1) Havent claimed my team is worth something.

2) I dunno, as a rule you're fairly hard to find when things go bad. Usually takes me poking you with a stick repeatedly to get a response.

3) We were discussing Eli's merits as a QB. Feel free to engage. :)

Found this very interesting (naturally Raiders Bay Area beat writers and general pundits always top shelf analysts).

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/11/22/broncos-cut-qb-orton-exposing-him-to-raiders-bears/

Denver Broncos coach John Fox said he waived quarterback Kyle Orton on Tuesday, in part, so that Orton could catch on with another team and help that team down the road.

Left unsaid is whether Fox wants that team to be the Chicago Bears, given they just lost starting quarterback Jay Cutler to a thumb injury and play the Raiders on Sunday. The Broncos trail the Raiders by one game in the AFC West.

“We feel good about our quarterback group, and this gives Kyle an opportunity to help another team and showcase his talents,” Fox said.

First things first. Orton now is subject to the waiver process, which makes him available to the league’s 31 other teams for the next 24 hours, in reverse order of records.

For example, the Indianapolis Colts get first crack at Orton based on their 0-10 record. The 10-0 Green Bay Packers would get Orton only if they placed a claim and the 30 teams ahead of them passed.

Interestingly, the Raiders would get Orton before the Bears based upon Oakland’s 6-4 record, one game worse than the 7-3 Bears.

So, in theory, the Raiders could claim Orton as a means of preventing him from being claimed by the Bears. In that case, the Raiders would be liable for the remainder of his hefty salary this season — almost $500,000 per game — and forced to cut a player from their 53-man roster.

The smart money says, the Raiders pass on placing a claim on Orton. Some might say that the Raiders should want the Bears to get Orton because of how well they have fared against Orton in the past.

As of now, the Bears are poised to go with untested quarterack Caleb Hanie. Claiming Orton might give them a better option down the road, but the Bears would be hard-pressed to get Orton up to speed between now and the game Sunday.

Another interesting aspect to this situation involves the Broncos playing the Bears on Dec. 11. The Broncos surely would want to face the Bears with Hanie at quarterback, and not Orton. Or would they?

If nothing else, this makes for fun water-cooler talk on an off day for the Raiders. It will be interesting to hear coach Hue Jackson’s take Wednesday.

Thankyou for this ground breaking contribution.

1) Havent claimed my team is worth something.

2) I dunno, as a rule you're fairly hard to find when things go bad. Usually takes me poking you with a stick repeatedly to get a response.

3) We were discussing Eli's merits as a QB. Feel free to engage. :)
I've discussed Eli's merits as a QB on multiple occasions. Idiots who don't watch his games and trolls aren't worth replying to.

Apologies that I now work days through the week now that uni is finished for the year :rolleyes:

Orton claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Could make for a very enticing week 17 duel with the Chiefs @ Broncos on Jan 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back