• Worpel

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sicily

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaeger seems very much like captain material to me, but surely Big Boy keeps the job 2022

On a side note, did anyone see JOM interview on the news the other night? I missed it, but there was suggestion he was very close to being traded.

Entire football department leadership has been refreshed. Should include the captain. Nothing against McEvoy, but he's not the captain this team needs now.

Sicily is ideal. He's the right age, always shows spirit out on the ground, has matured the last few years from his hot head days, and I think he's someone the whole team can get around.

Sticking with McEvoy makes it still feel a bit like a Clarko team. And it still feels too early for someone like Worpel.

Mitchell or O'Meara would also be fine choices but I'd still have Sicily ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's not BB, then it's JOM, if you go off last year's data.

You would think so - however Stratton and Big Boy weren't vice captains so we have done things a bit differently the last few years.

Time for a new generation to fit in with our new direction for 2022 an onwards

Captain Sicily
Vice Captain Worpel
Leadership team McEvoy, Mitchell, Hardwick and Day.

A lot has changed since last year, the young players seem quiet close to Worpel and T.Mitchell.

Our youth pushed for S.Mitchell to take over, so Worpel and T.Mitchell will be high up in the Captains votes.

Will the players still get a vote under Sam Mitchell? The coaching group could be the ones to make the call.

I've come around to Tom Mitchell getting the gig. Clear professional. Gets along with the younger players. Primed for a huge season. Also a perfect age to hold the job for a solid period of time.

Will the players still get a vote under Sam Mitchell? The coaching group could be the ones to make the call.

I've come around to Tom Mitchell getting the gig. Clear professional. Gets along with the younger players. Primed for a huge season. Also a perfect age to hold the job for a solid period of time.
If i recall correctly we are using the outside group to help select our new Captain and every player gets a say.

Some good choices with a few question marks

Sicily - what if he exercises his FA
Jaeger - will he/we seek a trade
Mitchell - see above
Gunston - too old
McEvoy - let him enjoy the last 12 months
Worpel - is he ready ?
If Sicily is captain, he will stay and allows us to trade Jager or Tom next year. Worpel not sure if he is ready.

Only question is, if Sicily will be back to his best.

Seriously.. Reeves 5 games and Lynch 3 games are keeping McEvoy out...
Say that out aloud to yourselves....LOL
McEvoy will be Captain.

Not sure anyone is speculating on McEvoy's spot in the side - just whether he retains the captaincy.

Seriously.. Reeves 5 games and Lynch 3 games are keeping McEvoy out...
Say that out aloud to yourselves....LOL
McEvoy will be Captain.
I don’t think the concern is Reeves or Lynch keeping McEvoy out of the team so much as it is McEvoy himself.

He was trialled in defence in 2020 to try and preserve his body. Then this year he started doing more rucking at the beginning of the year especially as Ceglars form was poor. But Reeves then Ceglar were brought into the team as (at least how it looked to me) McEvoy can’t ruck as much anymore and he needs to be the second ruck.

Given another 22 games this year, can his body continue to hold up when he’s already showing massive signs of slowing down? High likelihood of it being Stratton all over again. Great servant of the club but age catches up eventually.

Back