Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

So did everyone get the text message from….. James Sicily!

Sam Frost, Jarman Impey and Mitch Lewis will round out a six-man leadership group that will be known as ‘Moorditj Kuda’, which translates as ‘solid’ or ‘excellent’ (Moorditj) and ‘brothers’ or ‘mates’ (Kuda) in Noongar language.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Frost, Jarman Impey and Mitch Lewis will round out a six-man leadership group that will be known as ‘Moorditj Kuda’, which translates as ‘solid’ or ‘excellent’ (Moorditj) and ‘brothers’ or ‘mates’ (Kuda) in Noongar language.

I wouldn’t want Sic to miss any games, but would be fantastic if Punky get to captain the club at some stage.

Moore and Bruest as VC is a bigger announcement imo. It's a good leadership group with senior experience and our next captain both flanking the obvious leader. No dedicated midfielders in the MK is odd on paper, but I don't think there's anyone in there who is both experienced enough and good enough to get games.

I will say this doesn't bode well for Worpel, whose leadership is probably his biggest strength right now. By all accounts, he's a great mentor and leader for the young guys, but if he isn't getting games he won't be in the MK.

Moore and Bruest as VC is a bigger announcement imo. It's a good leadership group with senior experience and our next captain both flanking the obvious leader. No dedicated midfielders in the MK is odd on paper, but I don't think there's anyone in there who is both experienced enough and good enough to get games.

I will say this doesn't bode well for Worpel, whose leadership is probably his biggest strength right now. By all accounts, he's a great mentor and leader for the young guys, but if he isn't getting games he won't be in the MK.

I'm not overly concerned about an absence from the leadership group for him.

Let him be a natural leader and provide all the positives he does in that space already with the freedom to pull back and concentrate on his own footy as required without the weight of a title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back