Who else is already pumped for 2020? I am

Remove this Banner Ad

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just can't shake the feeling that 2020 is going to be even better for us, certain I am not alone. Like I am actually pumped in an annoying game week anticipation pumped.

Anybody else feeling this way? I know we have trades, draft, the break, preseason and it is a long way off, but I am getting pumped already! Upon reflection this year was so good, let's build the positives for 2020, pumped!

I am excited to see the dynamics around how the Coaching group grows and handles situations when the preferred list of players become 25 instead of the present 22. This could mean we have to give an opportunity to another youngster with better preseason and ready to go status. It could also mean someone who has re-signed this year since they've consistently played in first 22 is forced to play in 2s.

Further to that, and I think this is what you are saying, that it's going to be exciting to see how the dynamic evolves having:
- guys who have been given the opportunity to develop their role this year;
- those that have developed their bodies and experience to be able to be given new/alternate/expanded roles next year
- those that will replace or be given opportunities through trade/draft/promotion/demotion/matchup substitution

I mean this is descriptive but as we have played a mostly settled team and game plan this year due to youth and necessity to develop our list it's where we are at in our progression to greatness and there is heaps of upside.

That we know from evidence that it is already happening is such a nice change

I hope we hear about a group of twenty odd players doing their personal preseason preseason again. And that Cam has stayed in Brisbane and joined in.

That base made a massive difference to this year. They were stronger, faster and able to work much harder in the standard preseason and come out firing.

If they do that, then we’ll see another big step up in 2020 and they will be awesome.

I'm excited but for the first time in years happy to have a bit of a break. Prob cause we played finals and when the season is over In August it's too soon.

Whilst I'm excited I'm also nervous as this year was just fun but next year there is expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Witherden and Rayner go the extra mile this off season and return to the club in the shape of their lives. It's a big ask I know and they deserve a good break but both desperately need a lift in fitness.
If Rayner can start next year as fit as he ended this year with some added polish in ground ball gets and marks he will be a force in the comp and show what we all know he can be.
2nd year Blues this year, he will be much better for it next year.

Not hard to predict we’ll have more injuries but means we’ll get to see new players which is good for list management going forward.In the process I’m hoping we can still win 8 in Q and a handful away which will be good enough for finals again.Agree with above though,2021 we could start off on being a dinky Di top four team for 3+ years

ME!
giphy.gif

I got a good feeling about 2019 in late 2018, when the stories were coming out about the guys training in groups before preseason started.

And then Hodge and most of the seniors turning up at the first preseason session, even though they didn't have too.

It showed hunger, professionalism and a determination to do better.

I hope it happens again this year.

I got a good feeling about 2019 in late 2018, when the stories were coming out about the guys training in groups before preseason started.

And then Hodge and most of the seniors turning up at the first preseason session, even though they didn't have too.

It showed hunger, professionalism and a determination to do better.

I hope it happens again this year.
Me too I was talking up the anticipaTed improvement of our younger players and they didn't disappoint. Cluggage in particular had a great season and it has been a real treat watch such a talented kid go from thinking things through and getting tackled when he started - to breaking ankles and just generally developing into a stone cold boss . Looking forward to all our young leaders driving us forward again, bringing outhe the best in our more experienced players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back