Who is the the games best defender currently? What defender has had the best season? ( can be lockdown or medium).

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you may need to. The OP clearly says considering their whole career.

And if you think Jacob Weitering is the best defender in the AFL, or even in the top 10 over their whole career then you are smoking crack.

I'll present you Jeremy McGovern for a start, if you want to talk career. And Harris Andrews, And Steven May, And Darcy Moore. And James Sicily. And Tom Stewart. And Sam Taylor. And. And. And....

And if you think Jacob Weitering is the best defender in the AFL, or even in the top 10 over their whole career then you are smoking crack.

I'll present you Jeremy McGovern for a start, if you want to talk career. And Harris Andrews, And Steven may, And Darcy Moore. And James Sicily. And Tom Stewart. And Sam Taylor. And. And. And....
You're a little unhinged. Why does this bother you so much?

I read it fine.

And I understand it.

If you think Jacob Weitering is the correct answer to any question posed then you are a bona-fide moron.
So you truly think Sicily is the best defender in the league considering their entire career? And you're calling me a moron...

S Taylor, D Moore, T Stewart, J Sicily all guns. Sicily was incredible on the weekend v us. Gave Riewoldt a bath.

From us, think Noah Balta is slightly underrated, is no.1 in the AFL this year for intercept marks and =2 for contested marks. On the offensive side he's 6th for score launches (roosts it an absolute mile). Definite level below the best in the league but wouldn't surprise me if he's up there in a year or two.

S Taylor, D Moore, T Stewart, J Sicily all guns. Sicily was incredible on the weekend v us. Gave Riewoldt a bath.

From us, think Noah Balta is slightly underrated, is no.1 in the AFL this year for intercept marks and =2 for contested marks. On the offensive side he's 6th for score launches (roosts it an absolute mile). Definite level below the best in the league but wouldn't surprise me if he's up there in a year or two.
Don't see how an 86 or an 80 gamer can be in consideration based on the OP.

So you truly think Sicily is the best defender in the league considering their entire career? And you're calling me a moron...

And where did I say that?

Sicily, Taylor and Moore are the best defenders in the AFL this season.

And then I gave you a list of defenders who have had better careers than your lad. Jeremy McGovern has 4 AA's and a premiership FFS.

Do you seriously think Weitering's career is currently the best of any defender in the AFL?

Luke McDonald is easily the best defender (for opposition to match up on)

Sicily, Moore, Taylor in no particular order.

Then daylight.

And where did I say that?

Sicily, Taylor and Moore are the best defenders in the AFL this season.

And then I gave you a list of defenders who have had better careers than your lad. Jeremy McGovern has 4 AA's and a premiership FFS.

Do you seriously think Weitering's career is currently the best of any defender in the AFL?
See above.

And you're clearly still not understanding the OP based on your last sentence, it's not about who has had the best career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See above.

And you're clearly still not understanding the OP based on your last sentence, it's not about who has had the best career.

Read the actual question in the title dullard. That is what I was answering.

Who is the the games best defender currently? What defender has had the best season?​

See above.

You seem a bit confused. Is it about their whole career or not? You seem unsure.

I think you may need to. The OP clearly says considering their whole career.

Which is it?

Last edited:
Read the actual question in the title dullard. That is what I was answering.

Who is the the games best defender currently? What defender has had the best season?​

I'm sorry that you're not intelligent enough to read beyond the title of a thread. Good luck to you good sir, life must be tough for you.

Thanks, so he's not the best one on one defender in the game, let alone one on one player.

Appreciate you confirming.

Good player JW but not in the top few defenders in the AFL this season.
Keep forgetting why I don't bother with the main board, thanks for reminding me. 🥱

Weitering currently is the best one v one defender in the comp and quite comfortably so. Has lost only 1 of his past 37 one on ones, quite remarkable.

Aw this is a little embarrassing, you're just not very good at English are you?

Dummy, read your posts.

You - it's not about who has had the best career.

Also you
- The OP clearly says considering their whole career.

You are all over the shop and I have had my fun with you. Adios and onto ignore you go.

Dummy, read your posts.

You - it's not about who has had the best career.

Also you
- The OP clearly says considering their whole career.

You are all over the shop and I have had my fun with you. Adios and onto ignore you go.
It's not often someone just lays out their stupidity so nicely. You've even bolded it. Delightful.

Keep forgetting why I don't bother with the main board, thanks for reminding me. 🥱

Weitering currently is the best one v one defender in the comp and quite comfortably so. Has lost only 1 of his past 37 one on ones, quite remarkable.

Sam Taylor is currently the best one on one defender in the comp. I mean, you actually confirmed this yourself.

He's lost 9.7% of one v ones all season, which puts him second to only Sam Taylor (6.8%).

You're not the other guy too are you? Saying one thing and then contradicting yourself. I feel like I am dealing with these two:

Jim Carrey Harry Dunne GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

Sam Taylor is currently the best one on one defender in the comp. I mean, you actually confirmed this yourself.

You're not the other guy too are you? Saying one thing and then contradicting yourself. I feel like I am dealing with these two:

Jim Carrey Harry Dunne GIF by Dumb and Dumber To
Aw sweetie, now you don't know what 'currently' means either? Gee, I hope you have someone to take care of you. You have me worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back