Who is your teams biggest rival from interstate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gws and a team we’ve lost players to …. So everyone?

But definitely a bit going on with the dogs. It gets a bit cringey on this forum, but there seems real feeling among players

The best rivalries are the ones where there is genuine dislike between playing groups which originate from finals. Ie, GWS and bulldogs, hawthorn and Geelong, and Brisbane and Melbourne.

“Traditional rivals” like the showdown, Carl/Coll etc are more between supporters and don’t mean much to neutral fans.

BRI - Not sure if there is a rivalry but sure not pleased with the win / loss ratio of late. Probably doesn't help that we seem to play them more at the Gabba
CAR - Not much going on here, been a few dubious games where the umpires had a field day against us
COL - Pretty much off the ground antics. Not a whole lot on the ground. I think the crowd noise contest last match was entertaining
ESS - Not much going on here
FRE - Not much going on here
GEE - Keen to even up the score and the win / loss ratio.
GCS - Who cares
GWS - Who cares
HAW - Not much going on here
MEL - Not much going on here
NM - Probably a interesting rivalry on BF. Might flare up a bit more when NM is competitive
RIC - Good games in general. Interesting finals experiences
STK - Who cares
SYD - Used to be similar to Geelong but our current wining streak has eased off on that rivalry
WCE - Not much going on here. Probably still annoyed with Schuey in 2017 but we were shite also.
WB - Good games in general. Not sure if there is much emotion attached to them though. 2021 hurt but we blame ourselves more for that one

Geelong. Lots of history there. Don't think there's a strong dislike or hate other than on game days, though.

We had our first win on home soil against them. Played them a few times in finals. Had some close games against them H&A during their prime years that went both ways. The GAJ-Crowley rivalry (And then Stevie J-Crowley after that) Actually Crowley and any of their main mids. Oh and Solomon cleaning Ling up was nasty and he got what he deserved suspension wise

Swans - Nick Davis incident, took Mummy off us that screwed our rucks for a few years, can beat us down in Geelong, got our ex captain as their CEO and has been competing in finals like us for a long period of time and we've beat each other a couple of times each in.

It was nice to get some payback in the 22 GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There really aren't any rivalries in the AFL outside of the two SA clubs and the two WA clubs. Marketing teams try hard to create them, but they die down pretty quick.
There are rare examples that bob up for a coupe of years - Hawthorn Geelong had one. But most of them are poor attempts at clubs trying to sell tickets and TV trying to create false hype - Melbourne keep trying to pretend Collingwood give a s**t about them, the Cringeworthy AFL/7 push for a GWS/Bulldogs rivalry ""Q" Clash, "Battle of the Bridge"🙄🙄🙄 ..... as much Channel seven try and hype things up, the players and clubs don't care..

I suppose it's Sydney. Though actually Sydney is like Geelong for Hawthorn, rivals insofar as big games and vying for silverware. But there is a mutual respect which makes it nothing like the Essendon rivalry.

In that sense, the Bulldogs/GWS rivalry is the only real one.

Geelong. Lots of history there. Don't think there's a strong dislike or hate other than on game days, though.

We had our first win on home soil against them. Played them a few times in finals. Had some close games against them H&A during their prime years that went both ways. The GAJ-Crowley rivalry (And then Stevie J-Crowley after that) Actually Crowley and any of their main mids. Oh and Solomon cleaning Ling up was nasty and he got what he deserved suspension wise
Crowley (the dirty cheat) was the perfect opposition player. Just passable enough to get on a football field as a tagger. Absolute thug. Real pest who genuinely made his opponent play worse. Especially Stevie J, he tagged Ablett but he tormented Stevie J. Drugs cheat to boot.

2012 and 2013. The perfect pantomime villain of an opposition player.

Crowley (the dirty cheat) was the perfect opposition player. Just passable enough to get on a football field as a tagger. Absolute thug. Real pest who genuinely made his opponent play worse. Especially Stevie J, he tagged Ablett but he tormented Stevie J. Drugs cheat to boot.

2012 and 2013. The perfect pantomime villain of an opposition player.

Imagine creating an account to have a whinge about a player from a decade ago. Freo really got under your skin huh?

So a Victorian team with Tassie leanings.

Hate to tell you this but both that’s interstate to the majority of the country

North Melbourne is a suburb in Melbourne

It is. Which is interstate. As is the Tassie part.
So my original comment is correct that the club is an interstate side.

Interstate means non Victorian teams and Melbourne is a city in Victoria and North Melbourne is a suburb of Melbourne

I hope I have helped you understand

Interstate means non Victorian teams and Melbourne is a city in Victoria and North Melbourne is a suburb of Melbourne

I hope I have helped you understand
No non Victorian teams mean non Victorian teams.

Interstate teams means interstate from any state.

So yes North is an interstate team.

Glad the clarification is happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back