Prediction Who replaces David Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say they were out to get us? o_O By poaching Noble to rebuild Brisbane, they've made us weaker, that's a fact. We now need to find a replacement and get him up to speed prior to the very important trade and draft weeks. The AFL shouldn't be getting involved at all, and certainly not pilfering healthy clubs to prop up their northern expansion clubs. If the club isn't capable of making their own appointments, they have no business being a club. That AFL are likely paying a hefty salary for the move, stinks.
Alex likes to have arguments with himself.

Where did I say they were out to get us? o_O By poaching Noble to rebuild Brisbane, they've made us weaker, that's a fact. We now need to find a replacement and get him up to speed prior to the very important trade and draft weeks. The AFL shouldn't be getting involved at all, and certainly not pilfering healthy clubs to prop up their northern expansion clubs. If the club isn't capable of making their own appointments, they have no business being a club. That AFL are likely paying a hefty salary for the move, stinks.

It's arguable whether it makes us weaker or not. Noble was Trigg's main man and we've not really done great things under his stewardship. Reid will take over part of the role and it sounds like someone like Sumich will cover the rest. I think under Noble we're stable but limited, him going is likely a very good thing for us. Fresh ideas and hopefully a more ruthless edge will be a great and needed change.

Listening to Gil, its clear they helped make him an offer he couldn't refuse.
b8af66bbb56f21beaf0edcb97628dc15.gif

What's our off-field success?
Really???
Considering we have never bottomed out and always remain a finals contender.
The amount of top tier players we've lost and still remain relevant.
Identifying talented coaches eg Walsh and Pyke
The fact he's highly regarded amongst his peers....I think that holds a bit more weight than big footy banter.

Really???
The fact he's highly regarded amongst his peers....I think that holds a bit more weight than big footy banter.

With all due respect we will never know about Walsh, the last game he coached up in Brisbane was one of our worst in years. To early to tell on Pyke.

I don't think Noble has done a bad job, he has been solid but that's all.

Interesting listening to the Noble interview on radio SEN1116 today ......just a small pickup on grammar

Noble said ......at Adelaide we did this ......at Brisbane i'll bring some of those experiences that I want to do

Does this signify that at Adelaide it was more of a team approach, and at Brisbane now it'll be more his way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I say they were out to get us? o_O By poaching Noble to rebuild Brisbane, they've made us weaker, that's a fact. We now need to find a replacement and get him up to speed prior to the very important trade and draft weeks.

Seriously, what the hell are you on about?

What does the bold section mean? Or are you just whining for the sake of it. By saying they have made us weaker, that had yet to be proven. We haven't even appointed anyone yet, so calm your farm!!!

By asking David Nobel to head up the Brisbane Lions Football department, it becomes a bloody compliment. It shows Hhw well he had done with us and how well we have helped him develop.

The AFL shouldn't be getting involved at all, and certainly not pilfering healthy clubs to prop up their northern expansion clubs. If the club isn't capable of making their own appointments, they have no business being a club. That AFL are likely paying a hefty salary for the move, stinks.

Of course they should. They are the 'governing body of Australian Rules Football' and must protect the product anyway they can. They have the responsablity to make the hiolistic product as good as they can. Every league across thew word plant key people in underperforming leagues. The NBA does it, the EPL does it, Cricket Australia does it

And Elite Crow why don't you go back to the start of this conversation and work out who the pedantic pressure little sod is who was moaning about the AFL making us weaker.

This is what started it. A massive cry about the AFL taking our property. "How dare they"

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. Not losing Noble so much (think it's time) but that the AFL has taken him from us to give to Brisbane. How ******* dare they? Are they compensating us?

Interesting listening to the Noble interview on radio SEN1116 today ......just a small pickup on grammar

Noble said ......at Adelaide we did this ......at Brisbane i'll bring some of those experiences that I want to do

Does this signify that at Adelaide it was more of a team approach, and at Brisbane now it'll be more his way

Or he is simply talking about the intellectual property he will being with him and then distribute thst within a team enviroment. Right now, he has no "we" are the Lions as he hasn't started yet.

Or he is simply talking about the intellectual property he will being with him and then distribute thst within a team enviroment. Right now, he has no "we" are the Lions as he hasn't started yet.
You're probably right in your assessment, and he may start using "we" at Brisbane once domiciled

He did start the interview by referring to Brisbane as "we at Brisbane" ......but during the interview started referring to what "I" will do .......but you're probably right

He'll have a great support network around him. Our biggest problem with elevating him to his rightful role is finding someone to replace his current duties of refilling the photocopiers with paper and making sure the whiteboard marker lids are on at the end of every meeting.
Why do you think this is funny? Grow up.

Really???

3 finals in the last 7 years doesn't exactly scream success.
Some would argue losing the top tier players in the first place is a form of failure
It's quite well documented that Roo had Walsh well within his sights before Noble was even promoted. Jury is still out on Pyke, but it's been reported he's seeking change away from the old regime. So he might be the best yet.
Everyone in the AFL is highly regarded among their peers. Trigg is, Sando is, Neil Craig is, every incompetent ever sacked for being useless is highly regarded. Hard not to notice this.

The proof is in the pudding and we have a very mediocre version. "Off-field success", gotta love rainbow and lollipop land, you must enjoy it there.

He said we on 5AA in reference to Brisbane.

We over analyze everything to the nth degree.

The we or I is of little significance.

Fagan is right, administrators can be replaced. Jenny is right too, it hurts our club to lose him. We now have to cover the hole. The hurt maybe temporary, but it is there none the less.

You're probably right in your assessment, and he may start using "we" at Brisbane once domiciled

He did start the interview by referring to Brisbane as "we at Brisbane" ......but during the interview started referring to what "I" will do .......but you're probably right

I could only imagine he wouldn't feel right about saying we yet. He wanted to but something didn't feel right.

Only my speculation of course

3 finals in the last 7 years doesn't exactly scream success.
Some would argue losing the top tier players in the first place is a form of failure
It's quite well documented that Roo had Walsh well within his sights before Noble was even promoted. Jury is still out on Pyke, but it's been reported he's seeking change away from the old regime. So he might be the best yet.
Everyone in the AFL is highly regarded among their peers. Trigg is, Sando is, Neil Craig is, every incompetent ever sacked for being useless is highly regarded. Hard not to notice this.

The proof is in the pudding and we have a very mediocre version. "Off-field success", gotta love rainbow and lollipop land, you must enjoy it there.
I quite enjoy rainbows but the lollipops are reserved for you cos you suck! ;)

Just jokes btw don't get defensive on me :)

Seriously, what the hell are you on about?

What does the bold section mean? Or are you just whining for the sake of it. By saying they have made us weaker, that had yet to be proven. We haven't even appointed anyone yet, so calm your farm!!!

By asking David Nobel to head up the Brisbane Lions Football department, it becomes a bloody compliment. It shows Hhw well he had done with us and how well we have helped him develop.

Of course they should. They are the 'governing body of Australian Rules Football' and must protect the product anyway they can. They have the responsablity to make the hiolistic product as good as they can. Every league across thew word plant key people in underperforming leagues. The NBA does it, the EPL does it, Cricket Australia does it

And Elite Crow why don't you go back to the start of this conversation and work out who the pedantic pressure little sod is who was moaning about the AFL making us weaker.

This is what started it. A massive cry about the AFL taking our property. "How dare they"
You really are a strange dude.

I'm surprised you haven't finished with Noble could have said NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back