Who will be the hidden star at your club this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Marchbank. All the focus has been on Weitering and Curnow as the gem key position players but Marchbank is a gun in the making.

Was great for us when he played last year but then a shoulder injury derailed things. Injuries are the only thing stopping this bloke.

I think that's fair.

Maybe an easier way to categorise this thread is hidden All Australian squad members. Or hidden future All Australian squad members for the youngsters who will show that talent but not quite get the runs on the board.

Bailey Dale is a guy who I always thought looked a good player, but last year he showed flashes of a future All Aus squad ability. That's different to a lot of names in this thread who are just guys who haven't played or have sparingly played who might develop in to regulars but can't be predicted as stars.
TBH i have liked him and thought he had elite written all over him when i watched his highlights from the under 18's after i knew we drafted him, he just lacked confidence at the highest level for the first couple of years and to adjust to the higher speed of the game, now has it down pat and will be elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Newman. Is helping fill a void in Docherty's absence. Don't know why Longmire didn't rate him.

Adam Kennedy is probably the one for us that doesn't get external recognition. Named by Heater as his successor.

Zac Williams and Lachie Whitfield get all the press and are both stars off half back when played there. Adam Kennedy's run is underestimated and he's a better defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back