Society/Culture Why do less intelligent people gravitate towards fringe extremist views?

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue with that, but in the context the term is used in this country in the current Voice debate, specifically the Murdoch media and
anyone on Facebook or twitter are using the term ignorantly or as a slur against anyone not a right wing cickucker.
only if you listen to media for the masses. If you read more intellectual stuff like articles by scientists then you get a different view.

Last edited:
The definition of white supremacy.

View attachment 1804967

Me thinks you don't know the definition of white supremacy, now it makes sens that you think your parents and friends are 'white supremacists' - they might be racists but they might not think they're superior.

I think you're being delibrately disingenuous, and now I'm wondering what you're hiding.

You frequent the referendum thread so there's no way you missed this post:

So...yep there's that Carringbush. I suppose they're not white supremacists?

I think you're being delibrately disingenuous, and now I'm wondering what you're hiding.
Again, you're making incorrect assumptions about me, keep going and I'll report you again.
So...yep there's that Carringbush. I suppose they're not white supremacists?
Not sure how that post of yours displays a belief in supremacy. Racism, most likely yes.

Racism and supremacy are not mutually inclusive and exactly the same.

Maybe read the definition of white supremacy again.

Again, you're making incorrect assumptions about me, keep going and I'll report you again.

Not sure how that post of yours displays a belief in supremacy. Racism, most likely yes.

Racism and supremacy are not mutually inclusive and exactly the same.

Maybe read the definition of white supremacy again.

From wiki:

White supremacy is the belief that white people are superior to those of other races and thus should dominate them.[1] The belief favors the maintenance and defense of any power and privilege held by white people.

So they own land here, will vote No, and keep their power and privilege because they think their superior to Aboriginals, and can't stand them getting any leg up whatsoever.

You can report me, I don't care. You're hiding behind reports.

From wiki:

White supremacy is the belief that white people are superior to those of other races and thus should dominate them.[1] The belief favors the maintenance and defense of any power and privilege held by white people.

So they own land here, will vote No, and keep their power and privilege because they think their superior to Aboriginals, and can't stand them getting any leg up whatsoever.

You can report me, I don't care. You're hiding behind reports.
So by that do you mean every single white person will vote no and therefore believe they're supreme?

Ok, you keyed that post for everyone to see.

I'm going to fairly assume you're not a white person.

Oh and FWIW I am a white person who'll be voting yes and don't believe the white race is superior to others, in fact I believe we're inferior in many ways.

So by that do you mean every single white person will vote no and therefore believe they're supreme?

Ok, you keyed that post for everyone to see.

I'm going to fairly assume you're not a white person.

Oh and FWIW I am a white person who'll be voting yes and don't believe the white race is superior to others, in fact I believe we're inferior in many ways.

This is one of the weirdest posts I have ever read.

Soz for the late reply.
Not a problem at all, thank you for replying!
Sorry for my late reply as well, I've not been on.

if by woke you mean irrational progressive group think then that is completely at the opposite end of the spectrum vs white supremacy.
I'll try to explain my posts, using your previous posts, rather than this correction you've made.

1695355335414.png
You directly referred to "woke" as "politically correct".
AFTER I addressed this, you used the term "irrational progressive group think".
You've never used that term before to describe "woke" or "politically correct".
1695355607459.png

So when you compare White Supremacist to Woke or Politically Correct... I feel you should be called out on that, and be made to clarify your position.

Can you give an example of a mainstream 'woke/politically correct' position that you think is as irrational as any mainstream 'white supremacist' position?
If not, why compare them??

BOTH are irrational and extreme, that is their only similarity in my view.
Well, that's my point. Being Politically Correct... or 'Woke', isn't irrational and extreme.
Being a white supremacist... IS...

And the impact on society in general is much more dangerous and impacted if we view any extremism as a non event, to be ignored.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion I think they're the same.
No problem.
1695356959261.png
But that's just a literal example where you're comparison is stating that they are the same.
It's on top of many other posts you've made, where you will describe one as as bad as the other, or as meaningless as the other.

'Woke' is not irrational at all, it is sympathetic and empathetic, universes away from either of the above

I agree.
That's why I called your post out.
Please see above.

Can you link where I've taken a stance against woke or where I've stated white supremacy is be ignored?
1695357378049.png

Pointing out that it's insignificant, as you've done many times... suggests that it isn't important, and that it's best to be ignored.

A link

I ask you to do your research before accusing me of such, coz that is incorrect.
No problem.
Can you use this space then, to explain why you've made many posts against drag queens reading to children in locations like a library.
But implied in this thread, that White Supremacists are insignificant?

You certainly do come to some strange conclusions about me.
I do. And I'm sorry if any of them are unfounded.
I'm hoping you can reply to my post clearly in the same way I have yours, to help dispel my misgivings.
I'm often too sceptical of people, due to my lifetime of interactions. But I'm always willing to hear honest explanations or logical reasoning.

Anyway soz for the late reply, I must've missed it.
Not a problem at all, you don't owe me anything. You never need to reply.

Hope this explains my position for you.
Not really, but I hope my clarifying questions and statements make my position more clear.

Not a problem at all, thank you for replying!
Sorry for my late reply as well, I've not been on.

I'll try to explain my posts, using your previous posts, rather than this correction you've made.

View attachment 1810351
View attachment 1810359

So when you compare White Supremacist to Woke or Politically Correct... I feel you should be called out on that, and be made to clarify your position.

Can you give an example of a mainstream 'woke/politically correct' position that you think is as irrational as any mainstream 'white supremacist' position?
If not, why compare them??

Well, that's my point. Being Politically Correct... or 'Woke', isn't irrational and extreme.
Being a white supremacist... IS...

And the impact on society in general is much more dangerous and impacted if we view any extremism as a non event, to be ignored.

No problem.
View attachment 1810376
But that's just a literal example where you're comparison is stating that they are the same.
It's on top of many other posts you've made, where you will describe one as as bad as the other, or as meaningless as the other.

I agree.
That's why I called your post out.
Please see above.

View attachment 1810389

Pointing out that it's insignificant, as you've done many times... suggests that it isn't important, and that it's best to be ignored.

A link

No problem.
Can you use this space then, to explain why you've made many posts against drag queens reading to children in locations like a library.

I'm hoping you can reply to my post clearly in the same way I have yours, to help dispel my misgivings.
I'm often too sceptical of people, due to my lifetime of interactions. But I'm always willing to hear honest explanations or logical reasoning.

Not a problem at all, you don't owe me anything. You never need to reply.

Not really, but I hope my clarifying questions and statements make my position more clear.
if by woke you mean irrational progressive group think then that is completely at the opposite end of the spectrum vs white supremacy.

1695355335414.png

1695355607459.png

Obviously I meant it is referred to that way, not my view. Apologies if you couldn't comprehend.

Can you link where I've taken a stance against woke or where I've stated white supremacy is be ignored?
1695357378049.png

This does not prove that I think white supremacy is insignificant, I clearly stated they're not the norm < they're not mutually exclusive. You seem to think it is.

I ask you to do your research before accusing me of such, coz that is incorrect.
No problem.

I think you're confusing me with someone else, I don't have an issue with drag queens reading kids books to kids, I've explained my position on this many times.

I'd have an issue with adult performers performing in front of kids < this is probably your 'proof' of me having an issue with drag queens, which I don't.

You certainly do come to some strange conclusions about me.

This explains a lot, so you agree that you come to strange conclusions about me. It is inconsistent with your insistence that I view white supremacy as 'insignificant' and political correctness as 'significant'.

You've agreed that I don't view 'woke' as politically correct, progressive group think, whatever term you wanna use, yet you've 'called me out' in this very post - the inconsistency from you is glaringly obvious.

Hope this explains my position for you.

So after all that toing and froing on my position, in the same post, it is not clear to you. Again this explains a lot.

Well you have posted it.

White supremacy is significant, irrational progressive group think is irrational, Woke is neither of those, and none of the three are the 'norm'

I'm gonna leave it here for you to ponder, I won't be replying.

1695355335414.png

1695355607459.png

Obviously I meant it is referred to that way, not my view. Apologies if you couldn't comprehend.

1695357378049.png

This does not prove that I think white supremacy is insignificant, I clearly stated they're not the norm < they're not mutually exclusive. You seem to think it is.

No problem.

I think you're confusing me with someone else, I don't have an issue with drag queens reading kids books to kids, I've explained my position on this many times.

I'd have an issue with adult performers performing in front of kids < this is probably your 'proof' of me having an issue with drag queens, which I don't.

This explains a lot, so you agree that you come to strange conclusions about me. It is inconsistent with your insistence that I view white supremacy as 'insignificant' and political correctness as 'significant'.

You've agreed that I don't view 'woke' as politically correct, progressive group think, whatever term you wanna use, yet you've 'called me out' in this very post - the inconsistency from you is glaringly obvious.

So after all that toing and froing on my position, in the same post, it is not clear to you. Again this explains a lot.

Well you have posted it.

White supremacy is significant, irrational progressive group think is irrational, Woke is neither of those, and none of the three are the 'norm'

I'm gonna leave it here for you to ponder, I won't be replying.
You didn't engage or respond to any of my points.

That's OK.
At some point you might reconsider your positions when so many people interact with you and view your posts in the same way.
But until then, you'll treat them as the problem, rather than how you express your opinions, or your opinions themselves.

I wish you all the best.

It has long been my view that media helps to indoctrinate people, particulary the less intelligent or less able to critically analyse the information.
The recent departure of Murdoch has sparked some articles that display the lowlights from his media empire, especially Fox in the States. Just evidence exhibit and exhibit of how they twisted, created, and plain lied to their oblivious captured viewers.
It is really is no wonder so many people haven't the faintest clue about what is happening to them.

Ok peeps, the rules.

Only discuss the why, coz the whether or not is not up for debate. No ifs buts or maybes - the less intelligent gravitate towards fringe extremism.

If you debate that less intelligent people do not gravitate towards the fringes I'll report you to the mods.

Anyway here's a similar thread, apparently you're welcome to contribute but most not question the whether, only discuss the why.

Complex stuff (be it science, economics, political theory, business etc) can baffle some people. To be fair, it can baffle people who are smart - someone with a detailed understanding of particle physics might not have a great grasp of international trade laws - but overall, stuff which is hard, or seemingly hard, deters understanding. It becomes easier to shriek 'conspiracy!' than it is to think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back