Society/Culture Why do less intelligent people gravitate towards fringe extremist views?

Remove this Banner Ad

White supremacy isn't necessarily mainstream. Anti-woke is more like cultural appropriation.
Isn't necessarily? It is so far from mainstream it's not funny.

Sure, everyone talks about 'white supremacist' like they're the norm but they aren't.

Same as 'woke' - read politically correct, they're also not the norm.

Sure, everyone talks about 'white supremacist' like they're the norm but they aren't.

Is this where you start arguing that whites can't be supremacists because they aren't all white supremacists?

"woke" is just shorthand for "decent person with a social conscience with the motivation to publicly stand up to injustice".
It makes my laugh when I see someone using it as a derogatory term and immediately puts them in a fringe extremist position.
It immediately undermines their argument no matter what that may be, even if some of their points may have some valid basis.

When used in that way it simply shows the user is too uneducated to even find out what he/she is against.
When people use woke negatively they often arent using the definition of woke you are using. In fact many people who use the term negatively think the woke as they define them are causing injustice and showing a lack of social conscience.

also people who call themsevles woke arent necessarily using the correct definition that seperates themselves ideologically from others. Plenty of people in history who claimed they were a crusader for social conscience and justice were in fact tyrants. you arent necessarily what you claim to be.

Is this where you start arguing that whites can't be supremacists because they aren't all white supremacists?
the-simpsons-krusty-the-clown.gif

It's really strange to me, for anyone to compare 'woke' to 'white supremacist'.

There must be better examples you could use? Unless you actually view them as similar??

Not sure. But in case it wasn't clear, it's part of the white supremacy culture that has been appropriated as anti-woke.

That's the flip side to the term woke being culturally appropriated from black history.
See, that's why the anti-woke parody you.

It's really strange to me, for anyone to compare 'woke' to 'white supremacist'.

There must be better examples you could use? Unless you actually view them as similar??
Completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

Whether or not it is deemed relevant the use of the term woke as a pejorative is stupid and counterproductive to those that oppose irrational progressive movement.

Completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

Whether or not it is deemed relevant the use of the term woke as a pejorative is stupid and counterproductive to those that oppose irrational progressive movement.
OK.

Can you point to me a single instance where you've pointed out that 'woke' isn't a big deal, or a major issue, because it's so insignificant?

Feel free to DM me if you're unable to respond, or realise your flaw. I'm happy to work with you instead of against you.

OK.

Can you point to me a single instance where you've pointed out that 'woke' isn't a big deal, or a major issue, because it's so insignificant?

Feel free to DM me if you're unable to respond, or realise your flaw. I'm happy to work with you instead of against you.
BOTH irrational progressive movement (incorrectly labeled as 'woke') and white supremacy is overblown msm and social media noise.

If you can give evidence that either are the norm among the everyday citizen on the street I'll concede.

I'll wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOTH irrational progressive movement (incorrectly labeled as 'woke') and white supremacy is overblown msm and social media noise.

If you can give evidence that either are the norm among the everyday citizen on the street I'll concede.

I'll wait.
White supremacy and 'woke' are the same thing to you?

And while you've taken stances against 'woke' you've repeatedly explained that white supremacy is so insignificant as to be ignored.

My position isn't that either are the norm. But that you repeatedly call out the people who call out racism, while often supporting the position that 'woke' has gone too far.

I think I've judged you too harshly in the past, based on my previous interactions with many bad-faith posters. And I apologise.
So I'm really hoping you're able to engage and explain to me, why I feel there is such a discrepancy.

White supremacy and 'woke' are the same thing to you?
Soz for the late reply, if by woke you mean irrational progressive group think then that is completely at the opposite end of the spectrum vs white supremacy.

BOTH are irrational and extreme, that is their only similarity in my view.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion I think they're the same.

'Woke' is not irrational at all, it is sympathetic and empathetic, universes away from either of the above
And while you've taken stances against 'woke' you've repeatedly explained that white supremacy is so insignificant as to be ignored.

My position isn't that either are the norm. But that you repeatedly call out the people who call out racism, while often supporting the position that 'woke' has gone too far.
Can you link where I've taken a stance against woke or where I've stated white supremacy is be ignored?

I ask you to do your research before accusing me of such, coz that is incorrect.
I think I've judged you too harshly in the past, based on my previous interactions with many bad-faith posters. And I apologise.
So I'm really hoping you're able to engage and explain to me, why I feel there is such a discrepancy.
You certainly do come to some strange conclusions about me.

Anyway soz for the late reply, I must've missed it.

Hope this explains my position for you.

When people use woke negatively they often arent using the definition of woke you are using. In fact many people who use the term negatively think the woke as they define them are causing injustice and showing a lack of social conscience.

also people who call themsevles woke arent necessarily using the correct definition that seperates themselves ideologically from others. Plenty of people in history who claimed they were a crusader for social conscience and justice were in fact tyrants. you arent necessarily what you claim to be.
No issue with that, but in the context the term is used in this country in the current Voice debate, specifically the Murdoch media and
anyone on Facebook or twitter are using the term ignorantly or as a slur against anyone not a right wing cickucker.

Hard to say, you'd have to take a poll, and how many are going to be honest?

You say it's not the norm, but most of the people I know personally are white supermacists.
I don't know any,

I'd suggest you distance yourself from these people, they're dangerous and illogical.

I find that hard to believe that you don't know any. I know hundreds.

So I should distance myself from my parents? My best friends?
Hundreds?!

Your parents?!

Your best friends?! You call white supremacists your best friends?!

Personally I don't know any white person that considers themselves as superior to other people based on race.

What do you mean based on race?
The definition of white supremacy.

1694859547812.png

Me thinks you don't know the definition of white supremacy, now it makes sens that you think your parents and friends are 'white supremacists' - they might be racists but they might not think they're superior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back