why does noone write much on the st kilda boards?

Remove this Banner Ad

samm, everyones a bit quiet here because their is no footy being played. after the excitement of the end of season recruiting we are all just catching our breath and waiting for the first game. we will have plenty of positive things to say once the season starts. look forward to your input.

Don't worry Samm, we are still around.

I'm already annoying the hell out of everyone I know by talking about the mighty saints at every opportunity.

Fell free to get as many saints fans as you can to post here, perhaps we can try the saints forum too.

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

I've spent a bit of time reading some of the stuff on the board in the last month, and the breathtaking arrogance of some supporters of the "more successful" clubs astounds me. You'd reckon they played the game, not the players.
Count me in for more backup

Originally posted by sainter:
Don't worry Samm, we are still around.

"Fell free to get as many saints fans as you can to post here, perhaps we can try the saints forum too."

Oh i am telling people but I do not have firends that are saints supporters. i am going to join the sinners so that i can have some some people to talk about st kilda. Did you see that st kilda was trying to get people to volunteer to ring people to get more people to join? i have volunteered my time for that as well.

welcome aboard samm and hit the boundary, the more the merrier. over the course of the year we should be able to put a few of the bigfooty posters in their place, especially after a saints win. expect to hear the usual crap about our club such as tragic history, 1 premiership, party boys, basket case as if any of that matters to the present and future. my reply as always is 'we cant do anything about the past we can only influence the now and the future, at present the saints are better than your team, end of argument'.

samm sounds like you are keen. by volunteering to help out the clubs membership drive not only will you be surrounded by people that only talk about the saints you will be helping with the survival of our great club, my hats off to you.

Why bother there is not much to write about. Save your breath for the many losses you will have this year.

I'm already annoying the hell out of everyone I know by talking about the mighty saints at every opportunity.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA sainter, you'll never get me!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif

P.S. While I am here, I should say hello, sorry for invading your board, the Saints were heaps better today.
smile.gif

------------------
*the one and only lioness*

[This message has been edited by lioness22 (edited 25 February 2001).]

Yes you smart thing.

It was a fair improvement, bloody needed to be tho D)

It's difficult hoping for the best and quietly getting a tiny bit excited while simultaneously trying to keep a lid on what is little more than promise.

Given that it is so early in the year it's OK to look for the silver lining, ie. we only lost by a 15 points, etc, etc. It wont be quite so appropriate to be making excuses as the season goes on tho. Hope we don't have to.

Onward & upward Sainters.

Sainter, I don't believe you've ever annoyed anyone on bigfooty.
smile.gif
Besides, you should know that everyone here has the upmost respect for you since you keep on posting last year despite the horrors of what was happening on the field.

Anyway, come on over to the North boards for your take on the North vs Saints match. The way I see it:

1. Blight didn't play to win. Usually he'll pull some odd tactical move, but he didn't try that. Looked to me that he's still seeing who and do what.

2. Koeitscke (spelling?). I liked the look of him. A few times, he had the ball and I reckon most rookies would have had a shot at goal. But he paused, looked at what was going on around him, and passed to a Saints player in the clear and who had a better chance of a goal. A good footy brain.

3. Capuano. A good game as a defensive ruckman. Showed he can take a mark, but don't read into too much as he'd know the way North plays inside and out. If he can do it against opposition other than North, then it looks like he'll do the business fory ou.

Everitt looks out of sorts, but he's too talented a player to stay in a long term slump. Burke was as hardworking as ever, but your midrange players still need to take that extra step. Still, I was impressed by the gang tackling...there were a few times when the North player was surrounded by three to five Saints. Hall looked good at full back, but will need to keep those elbows down when crashing through packs. Hammil was thrashed by Colbert, but he should come good.

At Geelong, Blight created teams that stayed at or near the top for most of the season and got 3 Grand Finals. At Adelaide, he created teams that peaked at the right time (September)....I think in '98, Adelaide wearn't even in the top 8 at about round 16. I think Blight will go for the second approach as that brought him two flags. On paper, the Saints team (the best you can get on paper) isn't too bad, but with your injuries, the only doubt is trying to get them on the field.

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 26 February 2001).]

Thanks Shinners,
smile.gif

It's been so long since we have put together some wins, I don't know how I will react if we can get off to a good start. Although if I get too cocky, I'm sure everyone will keep me in line.
wink.gif

I'm just looking forward to some solid improvement this year. If anything, the Ansett Cup is showing us just how much work we have in front of us.

I'll visit the North boards and add my thoughts over there.

Congratulations on the win. I think the supporters from both sides would be fairly satisfied with the match.

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

Lioness,

You better watch it or #15 will make his return to the chatroom.
wink.gif

Seriously, there was an excellent article about him on realfooty last week. It probably was disappointing for you to read but we saints fans love nothing better than seeing a guy who deep down has always been a "saints man".

Haven't seen you at Monash watching him train yet either.
biggrin.gif

Bad luck about Saturday night. Although losing a match in those conditions (even against the "arch enemy") doesn't mean too much at this stage.

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

[This message has been edited by sainter (edited 26 February 2001).]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Shinners, that was a pretty fair analysis.
Re gang tackles, do you reckon Corey might still suffer the odd nightmare about Saints jumping on him?
biggrin.gif

There did seem to be a lot more 1%s than last year, we can only hope this continues to improve.

Originally posted by karnaby:
Re gang tackles, do you reckon Corey might still suffer the odd nightmare about Saints jumping on him?
biggrin.gif

Dunno Karnaby. But do ya reckon that Robert Harvey might want to swap both his Brownlow Medals for just one of McKernan's premiership medallions?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 27 February 2001).]

Sainter - hehehehehe ooooooooh not #15, I am soooooooo scared!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
LOL!!!!!!! I just wanna see you in chat more often, it's always great fun.
smile.gif
All I hope for Stevie now is that he has a great career and settles down a little so that can happen. Maybe you're right, maybe he is finally 'home' who knows. Anyway, I agree with shinners, your enthusiasm for the Saints, even when things aren't going so well, is truly admirable.
smile.gif
Hope to see ya in chat soon.
smile.gif

P.S. Yeah and I would look pretty freakin loony showing up to Saints training in my Lions gear don't ya think!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
hehehehe Or perhaps I should get myself a Saints scarf, see how it looks????
tongue.gif
Dream on!!!!!!!!! LOL

------------------
*the one and only lioness*

[This message has been edited by lioness22 (edited 27 February 2001).]

Good luck for the Saints this year. Even though I barrack for the Hawks, I really want the Saints to do well this year, so we can get rid of the Bombers, Blues and Roos from the top of the ladder

------------------
Why did the guy have to change his number
from 16 to 23. Now my username looks stupid

I only just joined Big Footy.

We had a good win last night and with a few more inclusions we should have a great year.

MB

G'day MB, good to have you along.

Yeh, having a win was nice. Hope to have plenty more to write about when the real stuff starts. I'm not going to hang my hat on 'promise', but I'm confident enough that I'm hanging out to get going.

D) D) D)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back