Why is Brisbane so far out in front?

Remove this Banner Ad

The expanded salary cap that allows them to keep players like Black, Lappin and Leppitsch safe from being recruited `home' by big offers.

Originally posted by Porthos
The expanded salary cap that allows them to keep players like Black, Lappin and Leppitsch safe from being recruited `home' by big offers.

Leppitsch and Brad Scott have both taken considerably less money to remain at Brisbane, rather than return to Melbourne to play with St.Kilda. So I guess it is getting to that stage where it is becoming a highly rated football home, however would the same have occurred if it had of been Essendon or Carlton offerring the money? Or if the Lions had been having a season like 1998?

However after a number of Fitzroy players jumped ship in the last 5 years there, it is good to see this loyalty to the Lions again. After 19 years as a Lions Member and Coterie Member, I am enjoying this success, but realise it isn't guaranteed to last.

Brisbane have had a very capable squad for a while now. You'd think it was a coaches dream to be able to switch all players virtually anywhere. But it did take Matthews to make them into the team they now are.

Originally posted by mantis
geeze where did all these bandwagoners come from. :confused:

My theory is, they're all in QLD on sick-leave holidays - being the ones that suffered injuries falling off the Essendon bandwagon at the end of last season.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Brisbane so far out in front?

Originally posted by barry

I'm not nostrodarmis. I just tell it how it is at the moment.

Yes, but wherever you are, you are obviously receiving bad TV reception, or something, as your posts are consistently geared to the agenda of another planet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Brisbane so far out in front?

Originally posted by Stocka

Yes, but wherever you are, you are obviously receiving bad TV reception, or something, as your posts are consistently geared to the agenda of another planet.

Sucka, the intellectual giant has joined us. You forgot to say "borry".

Tell me Baz, while you like to use terms such as "intellectual giant" in a sarcastic manner (even though you question the merits of others, while failing to provide any backing to your own), why is it, that you yourself seem to attract so many replies in various threads on BF, which are totally polarised against your views?

Don't tell me . . . you just call it as you see it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back