Why this country is stuffed

Remove this Banner Ad

Middle class welfare is a disgrace. I would argue $350K is too high for the means testing.

My family could not live on $180k a year - come at me

Do you have a family with one child?

If you believe 180k is not a liveable income you need some perspective

Do you have a family with one child?

If you believe 180k is not a liveable income you need some perspective

I have a family with 3 children.

We could possibly live off $180k but I would have to sell my house, move, and start sponging of the public purse a whole lot more.

And the only reason I could do it is because I would be cashing in on the property boom that has happened over the last two decades.

I have no idea how a family of 5 who are starting without a property could do it in one of the major cities. The maths simply does not add up. It is stupid expensive to live in this country.

I have a family with 3 children.

We could possibly live off $180k but I would have to sell my house, move, and start sponging of the public purse a whole lot more.

And the only reason I could do it is because I would be cashing in on the property boom that has happened over the last two decades.

I have no idea how a family of 5 who are starting without a property could do it in one of the major cities. The maths simply does not add up. It is stupid expensive to live in this country.

I struggle to understand when i hear this
Can you explain why $180k would not be livable?
180K is a very large amount of money, even with 3 kids
WHy would you need to sell your house?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of deep rooted sexists in this thread who believe a womens income is her mans and women should get out of the workplace and look after the kids if their man can fund them. Work isnt just about money. Its the same attitude that used to make it illegal for women to work if they got married.

Seeds admitted defeat in the quest to have us pay to raise his kids with this post

I'm still waiting for the five hundred notes off my power bill that our Tone promised us we'd all be getting because of the repeal of carbon pricing.

I'm still waiting for the international carbon trading scheme that Gillard told us we would be part of not to mention the binding emission cuts.

The west would collapse without debt
Something seems wrong here. What are your major living expenses? Do you have car loans or credit cards? Are you sending your kids to expensive private schools? This is private stuff so maybe don't actually answer here but I'm scratching my head trying to work out what might be the issue. Major medical expenses perhaps?

Bad debt is usually a killer (i.e. car loan, personal loan). Often people get sucked into buying brand new cars or updating their car every few years and just continuing to make the regular repayments. Private school can be a massive money sink and doesn't do a damn thing for your kids' educational outcomes.

What's your mortgage rate? Depending on your LVR, you should not be paying more than something starting with a 3.

I'm out of ideas but you might consider speaking to an advisor!

Howard upped it with steroids when he couldnt get his income splitting.

Howard did it because it was politically unacceptable to cut the top rate of tax which of course he should have done.

Is the FTP worse than the government keeping the money then pissing it up against the wall? No, of course not.

Still waiting to hear from you why 180k is not a livable income for you and you family

Something seems wrong here. What are your major living expenses? Do you have car loans or credit cards? Are you sending your kids to expensive private schools? This is private stuff so maybe don't actually answer here but I'm scratching my head trying to work out what might be the issue. Major medical expenses perhaps?

Bad debt is usually a killer (i.e. car loan, personal loan). Often people get sucked into buying brand new cars or updating their car every few years and just continuing to make the regular repayments. Private school can be a massive money sink and doesn't do a damn thing for your kids' educational outcomes.

What's your mortgage rate? Depending on your LVR, you should not be paying more than something starting with a 3.

I'm out of ideas but you might consider speaking to an advisor!

I simply would struggle to do it. I could only do it if I sold my house and used the collateral.

Sure there is a whole heap of stuff I could stop doing - schools, golf, drinking, avocado, living but that is not happening.

I certainly would not consider it well off.

Can't remember the figures now but they showed the level of credit card debt on Sky Business today with how much it has grown and it was staggering.

The debt is just stupidity incarnate, as soon as someone is allowed credit the cost of goods/services increase. The debt has no reality. Median house prices shouldn’t be >$900K, that’s just dumb.

With the imaginary and supernatural interest rate plus the exorbitant and unreasonable cost, in far excess of what people can “create” in income, this country is working to pay off “nothing”. The country prior to an influx of credit would have approximately the same amount of s**t before as after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back