Will Essendon win the Flag ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers best 3 and 5 side ever I think so. Two of those wins against gaints of the league namely port power and the mighty dees. So yeah tigers are flying lol

If we are so bad, then why did you guys have to pull everything out to beat us as we hit the lead with ten to go?

Does that mean you are only slightly better than a side that can only beat lowly teams?

Your thinking defies logic!

Tigers best 3 and 5 side ever I think so. Two of those wins against gaints of the league namely port power and the mighty dees. So yeah tigers are flying lol

3 and 6 next week yet they are trying to turn this thread into a "Richmond or Essendon, who is better?", thread.

And credit where credit is due, they pushed us, West Coast and Geelong to the brink, and knocked off a Sydney side in pretty good nick. Let's just be happy that we have gotten over another hurdle on the way to September, and hope like hell that we win enough games for the rest of the season to finish top 4 and give ourselves a chance at playing for a flag.

Will we win it? Who the F knows, bit early for that sort of crap. Can we win it? Maybe, if everything goes right, but not likely.

Are you fair dinkum? I suggest you watch the game again. All your goals came from mids. Our defense stood up under immense pressure and won us the game.

what was it, 66 inside 50's for a combined 5 goals from all your forwards. Yep, our defenders were pedestrian.

I suggest YOU watch the game again. Our so called mids were often playing forward when they kicked goals. So yes, they made your defenders look pedestrian. You must be thick as bricks!

The Inside 50 count is meaningless if the ball is just bombed into the 50 in hope. I'm pretty sure in the corresponding game last year, we had 13 more inside 50's than Richmond and we still ended up losing by 16 points. It's how efficient you are in your entries that is much more important

Yes. He went down when you were trailing by 5 goals. But whatever. :thumbsu:

True, but as stated, our mids got right on top and the pressure down back dissipated. It still would have been better for us to have our best defender back there when the times were good to help stop those goals that were against the run of play. I guess that maybe too hard for you to understand.

I tigers were stiff against Geelong & Collingwood.

Showed great heart to get back in the game last night and hit the front.

Could quite easily be 5-3.

What a lot of crock!

Our back line isn't heralded. It is young undersized and developing. It will develop further when we have a good tall (196cm+) back added. You guys got all the centre breaks in the first half so there was undue pressure on our backs.

When our gun midfield got on top of your two very good players (Watson, Stanton), your back line was made to look very pedestrian and that was even before your best player down there (Fletcher) got injured.

We are not that far away from you and you know it. I think we even have more upside as our best mids are much younger than your best and so will only get better whilst yours have probably already peaked.

lol.

Your CHF is Brad Miller and he got smashed by a 16 gamer in Jake Carlisle. We have Tayte Pears up our sleeve.

You have guys like Houli, Nahas, King, Edwards, Tuck, Jackson in your side. None of them would make our team and would be behind about 4 or 5 we have playing in the VFL.

Our team is chock full of young guys ready to take the next step.. and they are already. Our oldest midfielder is 26.

You've had virtually 0 injuries to key players in 2 years yet you've constantly failed.

You were being smashed by 42 points in the third and the game looked to be headed to a 10 goal + drubbing until we changed structures and switched off. Took a while to get it back but once we did we dominated the last 10 minutes.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You guys played a good quarter and 10 minutes but were nowhere for the rest. You guys are on the improve no doubt but are still 4 good AFL players away from playing finals.

lol.

Your CHF is Brad Miller and he got smashed by a 16 gamer in Jake Carlisle. We have Tayte Pears up our sleeve.

You have guys like Houli, Nahas, King, Edwards, Tuck, Jackson in your side. None of them would make our team and would be behind about 4 or 5 we have playing in the VFL.

Our team is chock full of young guys ready to take the next step.. and they are already. Our oldest midfielder is 26.

You've had virtually 0 injuries to key players in 2 years yet you've constantly failed.

You were being smashed by 42 points in the third and the game looked to be headed to a 10 goal + drubbing until we changed structures and switched off. Took a while to get it back but once we did we dominated the last 10 minutes.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You guys played a good quarter and 10 minutes but were nowhere for the rest. You guys are on the improve no doubt but are still 4 good AFL players away from playing finals.

Agree with most comments here. Obviously I just look at it through a different perspective.

Richmond? Didn't we just beat them?

Essendon are 7 and 1, on top of the ladder.

Richmond are 3 and 5, only 1 real win against Sydney.

Tiger Army get out of our thread, you don't belong in such company.

Wow, what a flog. You have no idea do you?

You guys got 66 inside 50's for a total of 34 scoring shots. We had 44 inside 50's for a total of 33 scoring shots. What does that mean?
It means one of 2 things
- Our defense was much better, putting more pressure on your kicks, and forcing your forwards to kick from tougher angles further out.
OR
- Your defense was utter garbage and we had shots in much better spots, and our forward line is better.

So what is it? Is your defense crap or your forward line crap?

Both. Richmond holds on by having a very good midfield. Their forwards received pretty good service, yet needed an average of 4.4 inside 50s to score a goal to Essendon's 2.53 (40% of Essendon's I50s resulted in a goal to 23% of Richmonds).

Inefficient forwards, inefficient backs.

Richmond will continue to be smashed by teams with good forwards and/or good backs.

lol :eek:

like Riewoldt's "mark"?[/quote]

Oh you mean Reiwoldt's mark that actually should have been a free kick anyway??

Had that of been a tiger defender getting over Hurley's shoulder, the umpire would have smashed his own teeth coz he would have shoved the whistle in his gob too quick.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest YOU watch the game again. Our so called mids were often playing forward when they kicked goals. So yes, they made your defenders look pedestrian. You must be thick as bricks!

Ok then. Which of your forwards won their position? Also, please provide all of these examples where your mids were actually playing forward when they kicked their goals. Thanks in advance.

Oh you mean Reiwoldt's mark that actually should have been a free kick anyway??

Had that of been a tiger defender getting over Hurley's shoulder, the umpire would have smashed his own teeth coz he would have shoved the whistle in his gob too quick.....

Haven't watched Hurley play much, have you. Last player you would suggest gets favorable treatment from the umpires. Nice try. :thumbsu:

That was not very insightful. Please go on; we're all waiting in anticipation.

A two point victory over North, a good win over Port and the Tiges pushed you and may have won. Hardly convincing against three sides that were mediocre to poor. And you get to play those clubs twice.

Good victories against the Blues and Eagles, although Eagles in Victoria and on your home ground, not surprising you won that one. But was a convincing victory, so a tick there. Nearly got the Pies game so that was a good effort.

But what’s to come looks like a pretty soft draw in comparison to other sides. The Tiges, in comparison, have had a very tough draw and still more pain to come against the Hawks next week. But they’ve been more than competitive and have hardly played like a pathetic club.

The LMAO was at you the typical arrogance of Essendon and their supporters with their holier than thou attitude to themselves and other clubs.

I think the Bombers have done very well, but a lot of question marks over who they’ve played and whether they can sustain it. Jury’s still out!

Haven't watched Hurley play much, have you. Last player you would suggest gets favorable treatment from the umpires. Nice try. :thumbsu:

So hang on, you saying that Reiwoldt didn't deserve a free for that clumsy spoil attempt?? Because a lot of the poor hard done by dons fans are using this as an example of where the tigers were 'gifted' a goal....

My point wasn't that Hurley gets looked after but that the 10 - 2 free kick count indicated that the bombers got the whistle blown for them and the tigers didn't..

Pretty straight forward I'd have thought..

Nice try though :thumbsu:

So hang on, you saying that Reiwoldt didn't deserve a free for that clumsy spoil attempt?? Because a lot of the poor hard done by dons fans are using this as an example of where the tigers were 'gifted' a goal....

My point wasn't that Hurley gets looked after but that the 10 - 2 free kick count indicated that the bombers got the whistle blown for them and the tigers didn't..

Not straight forward at all. You're just having sook about the umpiring because you lost (this ist even a thread about umpiring).

Nah, it was a stupid example. Hurley couldn't buy a free kick last night, despite constantly being infringed upon. Same as every week.

This thread needs to be seriously shut-down. Is fast becoming a vent thread for whoever Essendon is playing that week.

Let the Essendon & for this week, Richmond supporters take their sh#$fight to their own boards.

Not straight forward at all. You're just having sook about the umpiring because you lost (this ist even a thread about umpiring).

Sorry I'll get back on topic then shall I?

Will Essendon win the flag? I'd say no but I do think they'll give it a nudge.. Playing some very good footy and playing with confidence.. Don't think the midfield runs as deep as some of their supporters think though..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back