Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

bigton08

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While it's amazing and great that we won the three peat I couldn't help but spare a thought for will Langford... From hero to zero... I noticed he didn't seem to be at the ground with the other guys I saw Spang but not langers.. Correct me if I'm wrong though... Just really feel for the guy I only can hope they can turn him around at the club ... I reckon he's a good kid... I hope 2016 is his year!!

Langers is sensational at finding the pill and putting his body on the line but needs to improve his disposal.

I have no doubt he will be back bigger and better next year.

Did anybody see him in the celebrations? Cos I didn't, no doubt he's devastated ... Oh well he has to work on some things and hopefully come good.It is a bit of a shame though:(

While it's amazing and great that we won the three peat I couldn't help but spare a thought for will Langford... From hero to zero... I noticed he didn't seem to be at the ground with the other guys I saw Spang but not langers.. Correct me if I'm wrong though... Just really feel for the guy I only can hope they can turn him around at the club ... I reckon he's a good kid... I hope 2016 is his year!!

He's still young, he can learn.
I'm going on the fact that his Dad was also a bit of a blunderer in his early years. But Chris Langford came good and became a legend.

I'm backing Will to get there.

I said it earlier in the year long as his disposal is at the level of first year auskicker I don't want him in the side, the good thing about Will is his athletic ability and aggression, he also seems to have really good read of the game but his decision making needs just as much work as his kicking.

Did anybody see him in the celebrations? Cos I didn't, no doubt he's devastated ... Oh well he has to work on some things and hopefully come good.It is a bit of a shame though:(
I saw him in the rooms when the sang the club song the second time with all staff ect.

Langers and Spang were two of the first out there getting around their team mates.

Never assume anything because it makes an ass out of u and me, but blokes like Billy, Jed, Will, Woody et al do have some time on their side to earn there spot in this side.

Put in the work and their time will come.

He was on the ground and in the rooms, also with a great attitude. He was getting around the boys. He'll be back next year, never really got going after his medial
That's strange usually I see the mop of blonde hair maybe channel 7 as usual didn't get the footage.. Glad to hear he was there and spang!! Hope Spang can get back too

I think most of us were surprised Langford's output this year wasn't higher but I've no doubt he'll turn it around next season.

Ceglar was the one I really felt for after he'd played most of this season. He's almost become the forgotten man in a way. Same story as last year, seemed to have a ruck spot sewn down and then faded towards then end, also got injured at the wrong time. Would've been interesting to see if they'd played him against Natanui instead of Hale had they both been fit at the business end.

He's only 23, so has time. If anyone watched his performance in the VFL grand final, you would agree he is a class above that comp.

He probably feels like a down year for most supporters, but remember he was injured twice this season, the second taking him out for almost 2 months (right near finals). Once he finally started playing again, it was already finals, with no chance of finding adequate form. Same goes for Ceglar sadly (he would have pipped Hale if he had been fit).

He cleans up his disposals and he will be a certified gun for the next 10 years. He'll be back next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was interviewed and is fully aware that his form hasn't been great. He signed on for an extra four years recently. He'll be ultra-hungry to get back to the grand final dais... he's a great young man.

Spangh also missed out...

Hodge, Mitchell, Burgers aren't going to be around forever so guys like him, Jedi and JOR will all have a chance to feel these big shoes and get plenty of opportunity to do so.

If he can get his disposal inline with his ferocious attack on the ball the sky is the limit for Langford. Hopefully he and Jed have a massive pre-season and put the pressure on for round one spots.

He will be key to the rebirth of our midfield as Hodge, Mitch, Silk move out of the mix in the coming years.

Has the grit and endeavour in spades, as others have said he just needs to tighten up his ball use.

Will knows what he needs to do to be back in the team after the QF. No sub and less interchanges will be interesting next year will it help or hurt the contested beasts game.

Club signed him for 4 years as others have said so obviously both sides have plans involving each other.

The way I see it Langers picked up a Premiership before his time. He wasn't a regular over the season, it was on the back of a fantastic finals campaign that he earned his spot in the GF. I think everyone (including himself) was surprised at what he had achieved in such a short period of time and that is something he will never forget.

It's easy to say there's no a lot of upside to a team that has won three in a row, but this is one bloke who I think will have a say in that. I have no doubt he'll be bigger and better next year and pushing some of the old fellas to be at the top of their game or make way.

Spent a lot of time in January doing handball drills on the boundary. Was obviously injured during the pre season and then was injured another couple times during the season. Just needs some continuity.

He's 24 next year, his time is now. I expect and predict big things

He's 24 next year, his time is now. I expect and predict big things
I hope so I'm a big fan, I know he has to get disposal right but he comes from s great football family hopefully pre season goes right for him...and 24 is a perfect age..

Can you spot him in this pic?

Hint: white shirt :)

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back