Unofficial Preview Will Round 1 v Swans be a sell out?

Round 1 v Swans @ Skoda. Sell out?

• Yes

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So 18k crowd ATM? that seems fantastic with a few weeks left.
Yep, although they'd lose a few from that number with areas blocked out for members where tickets aren't available to the public but membership aren't sold out.

It's a lock for our best crowd at the stadium (currently 12,314 for Sheedy's last home game) and hopefully we're taking aim at the stadium record - 21,895 for a Bulldogs game in 2001.

So 18k crowd ATM? that seems fantastic with a few weeks left.
A few weeks? The game is in 8 days. Still a good effort on ticket sales. The record attendance at the stadium is 21,895 which might get broken in this game.

You'd have to think that if 18K has been sold already, they'll get another 4 in the next 8 days as the day draws nearer, the media hypes up and it becomes more 'real'.

It's a lock for our best crowd at the stadium (currently 12,314 for Sheedy's last home game) and hopefully we're taking aim at the stadium record - 21,895 for a Bulldogs game in 2001.

The figure we have to beat is 23,690 - that's how many showed up to our derby at ANZ Stadium last year in Round 1.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a full house.

The figure we have to beat is 23,690 - that's how many showed up to our derby at ANZ Stadium last year in Round 1.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a full house.
going on reports.
buddy
swans to be premiers
gws get top recruits
yes 23,000 thou will be topped.

going on reports.
buddy
swans to be premiers
gws get top recruits
yes 23,000 thou will be topped.

If you have a look at the Swans board, some of their fans aren't going because a) we benefit from the gate, b) "I-hate-going-to-Homebush", or c) "It's-a-nice-day-and-I've-got-something-else-on"

Swans fan in Sydney are a weird mob - they come up with all these reasons not to see their team play.

If you have a look at the Swans board, some of their fans aren't going because a) we benefit from the gate, b) "I-hate-going-to-Homebush", or c) "It's-a-nice-day-and-I've-got-something-else-on"

Swans fan in Sydney are a weird mob - they come up with all these reasons not to see their team play.

Well thats the south melbourne latte drinking crowd for you

down here in victoria we like giving it to swan fans.
i go to 3/4 gws home games per year.
when home i tell all me mates that the swan supporters leave the oval at 3/4 time because thats cappaccino happy hour at bondi.[swans fans hate me saying this]
i also tell every body the swan supporters all wear suede shoes and white jeans and carry manbags.
the laughs we get at the pub are just great,especially when our swanny supporting mates are about.
so far they always seem to take the "hook".but when we finally beat them i think most fans will see us as the next big thing .
ps.dont tell victorians the swan fans are ok.its better to make them out to be twatts.

Yes use a person from Perth to base your facts, how clever.

End of the day its your home game and your failure if the game doesn't sell out. Don't use us as an excuse for your shortcomings.

End of the day its your home game and your failure if the game doesn't sell out. Don't use us as an excuse for your shortcomings.

We just assumed you would want to support your team but if that isn't your bag then fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let me get this right.
you live in a city where there is next to zero afl.
you have an chance to go to a game and dont.
and then use the excuse its "not our home game".
complete piffle,in victoria people go to any game just to see champions play.
freinds of mine[not gws fans] came to the G last year just to see JEZZA AA 2013.
probably becuase they love footy,but hey you are just a swans bandwagoner maybe.

Up to the individual.

I rather stay at home in Melbourne and watch it on TV and fly up to Sydney for an SCG home game later in the year. But thats my decision.

I flew up for the Round 1 game last year, so its not down to the fact of who and where we are playing or even that I might be giving money to the Giants. I choose not to fly interstate for the game because I don't see the need like I did last year.

I know all Sydney based Swans Board fans will be there but other than that I can't speak for the rest of our support.

let me get this right.
you live in a city where there is next to zero afl.

I wouldn't call Melbourne a city next to zero AFL, but I transgress. But you certainly got that one wrong.

you have an chance to go to a game and don't.

I attend plenty of non Swans matches. In fact I attended the Grand Final last year with my mate who is a Hawks fan because I was able to get two tickets from a benefactor of the Carlton Football Club who I work for and also get tickets to watch play when I wish. So I have 5 Swans games in Melbourne, as many as I decide to attend in Sydney, Carlton Home games and Hawks games in the MCC. So yeah so many chances I turndown.

and then use the excuse its "not our home game".

On this point we as Swans fans should not be used as an excuse for this game not selling out, that falls on the Giants as a club. Yes there are enough fans from both clubs to sell this game out but clearly something isn't working on the promotional front to get more fans in. Its not as simple as put a match on and saying "turn up" as it is in Melbourne. Sydney isn't Melbourne, stop thinking that it is.

complete piffle,in victoria people go to any game just to see champions play.
freinds of mine[not gws fans] came to the G last year just to see JEZZA AA 2013.

Congratulations to your friend. But really at the end of the day how many are there to see either a) their clubs b) watch some footy and a distant c) champion footballers.

probably becuase they love footy,but hey you are just a swans bandwagoner maybe.

I'll leave this quote as proof of how much of an idiot you are.

Up to the individual.

I rather stay at home in Melbourne and watch it on TV and fly up to Sydney for an SCG home game later in the year. But thats my decision.

I flew up for the Round 1 game last year, so its not down to the fact of who and where we are playing or even that I might be giving money to the Giants. I choose not to fly interstate for the game because I don't see the need like I did last year.

I know all Sydney based Swans Board fans will be there but other than that I can't speak for the rest of our support.
didnt realise you were in melbourne.
was refering to nsw fans.

Not trolling here, just genuinely concerned about how many tickets are left. Check the pic below, the current state of the game seats:

upload_2014-3-10_18-13-57.png

As you can see a lot of bays have high availability on that wing, if you zoom in you can actually see each individual seat and whether it's been occupied or not. Bays 202-207 and 246-252 are very empty at the moment. Not a good look on TV.

One factor could be that a lot of Swans members don't realise they're not entitled to a seat at this game with their Swans membership.

There's a huge chunk of "high availability" in the member's reserve area. The member's reserve area will be packed, don't you worry.

But just remember. It doesn't matter what the crowd is, we aren't allowed to count it towards our averages for the season.

There's a huge chunk of "high availability" in the member's reserve area. The member's reserve area will be packed, don't you worry.

But just remember. It doesn't matter what the crowd is, we aren't allowed to count it towards our averages for the season.
Really? Does that mean Melbourne, bulldogs etc cant count their inter vic games? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

No, no. Every other team is allowed to count whatever blockbusters/rivalry games they have. Just not us. It is a Big Footy requirement that all discussion of crowd averages involving GWS cannot count the swans game. You've read the threads. A big crowd for a GWS game falls under "Crimes Against the Narrative" and cannot be considered.

Back