Grand Slam Wimbledon 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The * was Nadal doing today? Just looked nervous the whole match, apart from the second when Federer didn't show up. Just made some really poor decisions throughout, as well as missing basic shots. Roger played great though

Rafa would need to improve otherwise it will be a repeat of another lacklustre performance against Federer and Djokovic over the past 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lacklustre? You might want to watch their finals again, they were anything but. Been a lot of close matches between the two.

The fu** was Nadal doing today? Just looked nervous the whole match, apart from the second when Federer didn't show up. Just made some really poor decisions throughout, as well as missing basic shots. Roger played great though
Federer even out-Nadaled him at some rallies, I was surprised by how solid Federer's ground game was. I noticed he planted many returns right at Nadal's feet... at 33 he doesn't have the foot speed and lateral movement to be as effective, especially on a court with very low bouncing balls.

Fine match from Federer against a strangely reticent Nadal. Hopefully Federer can go on and win it now but of course the reality that he is almost 38 doesn't go away and the younger player should win.

Wimbledon finalist a few weeks short of his 38th birthday. Remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine match from Federer against a strangely reticent Nadal. Hopefully Federer can go on and win it now but of course the reality that he is almost 38 doesn't go away and the younger player should win.

Amazing what Federer can achieved. He's now more vocal and showing lot more emotions during the match. Hopefully we'll get an epic match on Sunday night.

Dramatic stuff in the final 2 games. I thought Fed was going to let it slip after that missed smash... thankfully he got the job done because he was certainly the better player on the day.

Fed's baseline game held up so well that he even had the upper hand in many of the longest rallies of the match. The most crucial period of the match (after the 1st TB which Fed had to win) was a game early in the 3rd set where Fed saved multiple break points when Nadal had huge momentum on his side following the one-sided 2nd set. He won a couple of 20+ shot rallies in that game which rattled Nadal. It was all Fed from that point on until those stressful moments closing out the match.

Nadal admirable fighting spirit as usual. He impressively saved 4 match points, especially the 2 big winners in that final game. He may have even won had he broken back given his tenacity and the mental toll it would've inflicted on Federer.

Last edited:

If both formlines hold true, Federer has a shot of winning. It's going to depend who'll have the least amount of dips. Djoker looked vulnerable, this isn't the 2015 version. But Federer needs to stay focused, I doubt he'll be let off as easily after a 2nd set like that. His ground game arguably looks better than the last time they met at Wimby.

Would love Federer to have back to back wins against Nadal and Djokovic just shy of his 38th birthday to win Wimbledon.

That would definitely be the crowning moment of his career. Maybe one of the most remarkable achievements in the history of tennis if he managed to do it. Unfortunately I can't see it happening as a focused Djokovic seems basically unstoppable from the back of the court. I don't think Fed can go with him like he did against Nadal. This is ominous given the courts aren't quick enough to beat him any other way.

Federer even out-Nadaled him at some rallies, I was surprised by how solid Federer's ground game was. I noticed he planted many returns right at Nadal's feet... at 33 he doesn't have the foot speed and lateral movement to be as effective, especially on a court with very low bouncing balls.

Yep Feds returns were incredible and his general depth of shot looked a bit deeper than usual. Used the angles perfectly to stretch Rafa.
Do you reckon Raf has lost any foot speed? A couple of his gets were unbelievable.

If both formlines hold true, Federer has a shot of winning. It's going to depend who'll have the least amount of dips. Djoker looked vulnerable, this isn't the 2015 version. But Federer needs to stay focused, I doubt he'll be let off as easily after a 2nd set like that. His ground game arguably looks better than the last time they met at Wimby.

Agree on all that except the 2nd set part, I reckon Fed was happy to dump that 2nd set midway to conserve energy and not have it turn into the grind Rafa thrives on.

Nadals fighting spirit is insane. The way he was fighting off those match points was crazy. Federer has gotten into his head for a while though, he looked rattled. Don’t think Rafa can beat him outside of clay anymore. Hope Roger pulls through and wins the title on Sunday.

Congrats Federer & Djokovic, now onto tonight for the actual goat.

I’d like to see Halep become a multiple Slam-winner. Not just because she’s been resiliant to get to this level in her career, but also because it would further prove how much more competitive the women’s tour is than the men’s. Kerber, Osaka having become multiple Slam-winners very recently too.

But can’t go past Serena. This would be one of the greatest feats in sporting history if she were to pull off #24. Returning to Wimbledon where she has made this pretentious, archaic tournament her b*tch for nearly two decades, winning a Grand Slam at nearly 38 years old, battling injuries all year, dealing with motherhood, life-threatening pregnancy. You just can’t write this stuff. Bring it home legend!

Federer is playing close to career-best tennis. His consistency throughout the year and level is extremely high compared to other years.

The key will be his serve. If he lands his first serves, he’ll be incredibly hard to stop. That’s the key in their h2h nearly every single time.

If Novak turns on GOD MODE early then it’ll be relatively easy in the end. No one can match that level of tennis in all the years I’ve watched this sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back