Injury Wines has done his shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredrea started to mellow the moment he handed it over to Cassisi.
Tredrea started to mellow in February 2006 when he dislocated his knee for the 4th time, finally got the captaincy and it looked like his career was over. Started the season late and ended it early to go have some corrective surgery but it looked like he might be near the end.

In 2007 in that patch of 4 games we lost in a row after Rd 8, he had a shocking 4 games and after his 199th game he told Choco he should be dropped as he wasn't performing and his knee was giving him pain. Choco said no way, devised a plan to get him thru the week and the game and pumped it up as it was his 200th and first player for the club in the AFL, thru the media. We were playing Essendon who he always did well against. Kicked 4, played well and got our season back on track. Then later that year he had his first kid and the mellowing process grew deeper.

Should we ban our players from driving? That would be more dangerous than skiing. What about motorbiking? Going for a swim in the ocean?

I don’t even give a s**t about “they have to have lives”. He’s a human being he can do whatever the * he wants as long as it isn’t flagrantly dangerous which pretty clearly water skiing is not.

It's not quite accurate............. they were doing the pyramid blindfolded, while jumping through a ring of fire.

Practicing the 2018 game plan? For the love of Fos, why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jars on MMM once reported that a peak Ben Rutten had had complications from post-season surgery and would have to retire, after my Freo supporting mate posted it on the Crows board. It was entirely fabricated.

The second injury from the same waterskiing day is bullshit for 2 reasons.

a) We'd have reported it and know who it is by now

b) Once the first injury happened, whichever one it was, the boys would have packed up for the day.

Should we ban our players from driving? That would be more dangerous than skiing. What about motorbiking? Going for a swim in the ocean?

I don’t even give a s**t about “they have to have lives”. He’s a human being he can do whatever the **** he wants as long as it isn’t flagrantly dangerous which pretty clearly water skiing is not.

It's literally already banned in the contract but the club gave him special permission regardless.

Do ya reckon they'd give someone special permission to hit the turps hard with mates and a few days off to recover? I mean, they have to have lives and look out for their mental health.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t even give a s**t about “they have to have lives”. He’s a human being he can do whatever the **** he wants as long as it isn’t flagrantly dangerous which pretty clearly water skiing is not.
It clearly is.

Essential transportation v being pulled at 60 km by your arms whilst you do backflips is hardly a correct comparison.

My releases were swimming at the beach or golf - pretty gentile activities but even any rounds of golf I could squeeze in were managed to the point of getting instructed to take an electronic cart around instead of walking because the sports science gurus didn't want me to be fatigued for the next session. But everyone's different; almost every offseason, Adam Goodes used to play cricket back in Horsham (he was a pretty quick opening bowler) while Isaac Heeney loves spear fishing (despite John Longmire always trying to put him off by saying stuff like 'I've heard there's been a few shark attacks around' or 'we can't have you thinking you're Bear Grylls all the time').
Former Swans champion Adam Goodes. Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images
Clubs will do everything in their power to minimise any possible injuries to their players, and rightly so. I remember at the Swans, we used to have discussions with coaches and staff before every break, whether it be pre-season or if you had a few extra days off for a bye. We were always told "you're a 24/7 footballer - you're still representing us even if you're on a break."

Everyone except Ports.

The article rightly points out that it is risky and Bolton himself acknowledges he even had more gentle hobbies. That it's not gonna be A-Ok is the risk backfires.

Funny about Sheeds being outraged by water skiing. He didn't seem to have any problems with Ronnie Andrews' pig hunting exploits in the outback. But then when did a combination of high powered firearms and large ferocious feral animals ever bring anyone undone? ;)

It clearly is.

Essential transportation v being pulled at 60 km by your arms whilst you do backflips is hardly a correct comparison.

The chance of injury is extremely low. This is a freak occurrence, and freaking out over something happening that had less than a 1% chance of happening even once in his career would be ridiculous.

Jars on MMM once reported that a peak Ben Rutten had had complications from post-season surgery and would have to retire, after my Freo supporting mate posted it on the Crows board. It was entirely fabricated.

The second injury from the same waterskiing day is bullshit for 2 reasons.

b) Once the first injury happened, whichever one it was, the boys would have packed up for the day.

Wasn't Jars the one that announced the Crows had poached Alastair Clarkson from Hawthorn a few years ago?

Honestly how much waterskiing have you done ?

Wakeboarding to the level Wines does is inherently dangerous which is why most professional sports people are baned from doing. Two of the most commen advanced wakeboarding are shoulder dislocations and ACL tears.

Would you all have the same attitude if it had been an ACL and he was out for the next 12 months ?

Honestly how much waterskiing have you done ?

Wakeboarding to the level Wines does is inherently dangerous which is why most professional sports people are baned from doing. Two of the most commen advanced wakeboarding are shoulder dislocations and ACL tears.

Would you all have the same attitude if it had been an ACL and he was out for the next 12 months ?
I have done heaps of waterskiing over 20 years - never injured once!

Wakeboarding is more dangerous, but that is subjective! Certainly the club has taken into account the level of skill Ollie has, and decided to allow it. Live with it mate! The reality is that I was more concerned about injuries to players playing in a CRICKET TEAM! Statistically there is far more chance of getting some soft tissue injury from playing cricket as an extra, than experienced players engaging in watersports!

As an aside, how many posts have you made on this issue? Why keep railing against the club? They have stated their position, some agree with it, some including you dont. Fine, move on!

... The second injury from the same waterskiing day is bullshit for 2 reasons.

Jars said a player tore their hamstring in Morgan while Wines's injury happened on the river near Mannum. It's a fair distance between Morgan and Mannum, especially by river.

Jars said a player tore their hamstring in Morgan while Wines's injury happened on the river near Mannum. It's a fair distance between Morgan and Mannum, especially by river.
Either way, once someone has gotten injured skiing, the club would have put a stop to it IMO, unless they happened at 2 different waterskiing trips on the same day.

Either way, once someone has gotten injured skiing, the club would have put a stop to it IMO, unless they happened at 2 different waterskiing trips on the same day.
I'm thinking two separate groups or more likely Jars doesn't know his geography.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back