Review Winners and losers 2022 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's quite exciting watching the fwd/mids like Phillipou and Humphrey hit the ground running, knowing that we managed to nab Brayden George who was rated right alongside these two mid season before his ACL.

Happy with our D+ recruits so far

Indeed, very rare to have all your Top picks likely to play AFL and play at such a high level. Hustwaite looks so composed, very Pendles like.

BMac and Sully next cab of rack and Bennetts is likely tp get upgraded from rookie status soon enough

I know we had 2/3 so had the pick of talent, but Sheezel/Wardlaw combo is going to pay off massive. Plus we have George who is a powerhouse - seriously built like a brickhouse and oodles of talent - plus Cooper Harvey won't be far off kicked some big bags in the VFL.
Yep, it'll turn out to be a super draft for Nth.

It's quite exciting watching the fwd/mids like Phillipou and Humphrey hit the ground running, knowing that we managed to nab Brayden George who was rated right alongside these two mid season before his ACL.
How high did you guys really rank Cadman, Rowston.
Have those views changed at all?

There was a reason we bid on the bloke, and a lot of people thought it was a "spite" bid, it wasn't he was well worth the selection. Looks just so composed and always makes the right decision under pressure.
Said at the time your recruiters are not going to bid a 1st round pick on someone they really don't rate or want... given have a great track record for talent.

Said at the time your recruiters are not going to bid a 1st round pick on someone they really don't rate or want... given have a great track record for talent.

Yep just looks like he has “time” and that’s such an asset and a hard one to teach

Yep just looks like he has “time” and that’s such an asset and a hard one to teach
Has great footy smarts... & rarely gets beaten.

Have said since round 1 he is Ben Hart reincarnated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dees have been the least fortunate of any club. Pies and Brisbane are behind the Bulldogs as teams that have had multiple free hits.

So you say the Dees have been the least fortunate of any club from F/S's over the last 20 years.

You guys got Viney. Tigers have got Naish and MRJ. Whilst Maurice may be ok, I think a hard in and under 200+ gamer (Viney will get there) easily beats our 2 wouldn't you think? I'm sure there are other clubs that have struggled here too.

But looking through all your posts, maybe we need to get you a new bow for that tiny little violin you seem to be playing.

F/S's are what they are, you win some you lose some and some clubs seem to do a lot better than others, but there seems to be only 1 person whinging about it here.

So you say the Dees have been the least fortunate of any club from F/S's over the last 20 years.

You guys got Viney. Tigers have got Naish and MRJ. Whilst Maurice may be ok, I think a hard in and under 200+ gamer (Viney will get there) easily beats our 2 wouldn't you think? I'm sure there are other clubs that have struggled here too.

But looking through all your posts, maybe we need to get you a new bow for that tiny little violin you seem to be playing.

F/S's are what they are, you win some you lose some and some clubs seem to do a lot better than others, but there seems to be only 1 person whinging about it here.

Hawthorn really only have Finn Maginness.

Missed out on Noah Anderson by a few games.

Hopefully all that changes with Will McCabe next season.

Still of the view that Father Sons should NOT be apart of any academy, absolute BS Swans got access to Blakey IMO. I know he chose the Swans but the academy isn't for Father Sons imo.

The competition isn't a fair competition, I'm just pointing it out. Same with many other aspects of the league such as fixturing.

The father/son rule has completely distorted the league all because of 'romance' for many years now. That's just a fact.

If I can pick one kid from this draft with pick 1. Right now, at this stage, Bailey Humphrey looks sensational.

The local lad Geelong picked up with the first round pick they got along with Bowes has not been setting the world on fire in the VFL either.

Funny how everyone was furious and mad at Gold Coast for doing that salary cap dump deal, but they are now vindicated (Bowes is not AFL quality imo)

The local lad Geelong picked up with the first round pick they got along with Bowes has not been setting the world on fire in the VFL either.

Funny how everyone was furious and mad at Gold Coast for doing that salary cap dump deal, but they are now vindicated (Bowes is not AFL quality imo)

Bowes was pretty good before being injured. He will be a 200 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back