Review Winners and losers 2022 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs tend to develop their boards before draft night.

Cadman was only a lock for #1 after the North GWS trade.

Cadman was always going one. Yes North May have a list with Sheezal at top but this would only be as they knew Cadman would be gone.

I don't think North would've taken Cadman if they had pick 1, I think they bid on Ashcroft and then take Sheezel
This is exactly what would have happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has shown very little at VFL level thus far, had we kept the pick and selected Weddle he’d be getting regular senior game time for us now
You probably helped us dodge a bullet there, jack o’sullivan and Bailey mcdonald with our later picks look fantastic at this point.

Has shown very little at VFL level thus far, had we kept the pick and selected Weddle he’d be getting regular senior game time for us now
There are some similarities with Weddle and Blakey (although Blakey is a better kick). Would have been a scary proposition in future years having to face both of them streaming out of the backline and through the middle

You probably helped us dodge a bullet there, jack o’sullivan and Bailey mcdonald with our later picks look fantastic at this point.
Good point BMac is debuting this week, would we have selected him as a small running defender if we knew Vickery was coming as a free hit. I don't think we would have.

The local lad Geelong picked up with the first round pick they got along with Bowes has not been setting the world on fire in the VFL either.

Funny how everyone was furious and mad at Gold Coast for doing that salary cap dump deal, but they are now vindicated (Bowes is not AFL quality imo)
What? That’s wrong on so many levels. First if the cats were as keen as they said to him they were (total BS) then they would have simply traded a late pick for him like we did with Scrimshaw. They wouldn’t have needed the sweetener. Second there’s no guarantee suns would have taken Clark with that pick they could have selected, traded it for future picks for these academy kids etc. incredibly stupid on their part. Third is Clark has just started his career and you are writing him off. Hoping the buying picks comes in so we can avoid all the smoke and mirrors and allow struggling clubs to use their main asset to improve.

Happy with Hollands and Cowan so far. Neither will be the best player in the draft or even in the best 5 but both will have long AFL careers, hopefully at Carlton.

1. Sheezel
2. Humphrey
3. Phillipou
4. Ashcroft
5. Ginbey

If I had my choice

I didn't denigrate another club and its fans. I spoke from personal experience.

Since we asking though, why did you feel the need in another thread to denigrate Ashcroft as "pampered" to push your case for Sheezel?

Seems petty and unnecessary.
At the end of the day both players are going to be fantastic players for their clubs so lets just enjoy watching them both.

Cadman was always going one. Yes North May have a list with Sheezal at top but this would only be as they knew Cadman would be gone.
I don't know what you are smoking, but Cadman was only number 1 on one teams board, and there were a number of factors why.

GWS really needed a KPF.

A couple of the top prospects made it very clear they didn't want to leave Victoria.

Doesn't matter that North had picks 2 and 3, they still would have had a big board with players ranked 1 to 50 (or however far out they rated the draft prospects).

Having attended a club draft night before, and read enough from other people who have attended daft functions, all clubs have their lists, there will be a player listed at 1, even if the clubs first pick is 13, and not all clubs have the same player number 1.

I know for a fact that in 2016 that the Lions had McCluggage at 1 on their draft board, even though they had pick 2 and traded back to pick 3. But the Lions recruiters also had a strong belief they had a very good educated guess on who both Essendon and GWS wanted at picks 1 and 2.

I don't know what you are smoking, but Cadman was only number 1 on one teams board, and there were a number of factors why.

GWS really needed a KPF.

A couple of the top prospects made it very clear they didn't want to leave Victoria.

Doesn't matter that North had picks 2 and 3, they still would have had a big board with players ranked 1 to 50 (or however far out they rated the draft prospects).

Having attended a club draft night before, and read enough from other people who have attended daft functions, all clubs have their lists, there will be a player listed at 1, even if the clubs first pick is 13, and not all clubs have the same player number 1.

I know for a fact that in 2016 that the Lions had McCluggage at 1 on their draft board, even though they had pick 2 and traded back to pick 3. But the Lions recruiters also had a strong belief they had a very good educated guess on who both Essendon and GWS wanted at picks 1 and 2.
Did GWS really need Key forwards though?

Also Cadman isn't really showing much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back