Who will win?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We bowled terribly this morning, giving away 15 runs in wides, Schutt being the main culprit, but England played well and deserved the result. It's two games in a row the Poms have taken to Gardner, and I'm not sure why Healy didn't give Wareham at least one over, it couldn't have been any worse than what Schutt and McGrath were dishing up.

Australia's extras problem finally catching up with them. They bowl far too many wides in these games, it has never hurt them against teams like Pakistan etc.

Amazingly, serial culprit Darcy Brown didn't bowl any.

358412394_6761036700669863_6739896159714097215_n.png

Given not out. Umpire agrees stumps were broken at this point. You can see the line heading off in the distance behind the bat.

Same old England...

How much closer than 3 runs do you want it to be. 2, 1 or a super over I guess. And uh... Gardner bowled 4 overs plus Jonassen 1, so that would be 5 overs of spin bowled by Australia.

Charlie Dean was the worst spinner of the night. That selection nearly blew up in the face of England, who were really only saved by 5 of the softest top-order wickets I've seen in a while given away by Australia. Nice stuff by Perry and the under 25s (including Brown with the ball, particularly good again in her customary 11th over slot) to keep it an interesting match though.

Another outstanding crowd (with more to come, but I'm worried about the safety of our girls next match in front of the riff raff), which has really put the Australian public's support (and CA's fixturing) of bilateral women's cricket to shame.
I think the commentators were a bit shocked that Wareham who played didnt get a bowl. They made mention that the pitch was more a fast bowlers track. But I still reckon English spinners did alright, as the boundaries were quite big at the Oval last night.

I think the commentators were a bit shocked that Wareham who played didnt get a bowl. They made mention that the pitch was more a fast bowlers track. But I still reckon English spinners did alright, as the boundaries were quite big at the Oval last night.
Wareham not bowling wasn't questioned once in commentary. Because, yeah, they kept saying it was more a fast bowler's track, hence it was Dean's selection over the likes of Wong and Filer about which the commentators were "a bit shocked" (in nearly those exact words).

Wareham not bowling wasn't questioned once in commentary. Because, yeah, they kept saying it was more a fast bowler's track, hence it was Dean's selection over the likes of Wong and Filer about which the commentators were "a bit shocked" (in nearly those exact words).
One of the commentators definitely do mention somewhere in the telecast that Wareham during the telecast I’m pretty sure.

One thing is for sure , you wouldn’t be playing her as a batsman .

One of the commentators definitely do mention somewhere in the telecast that Wareham during the telecast I’m pretty sure.
Yeah when more pace was used (Perry etc), Nick Knight said Australia are sticking with what's working rather than turning to the spin of Jonassen and Wareham...

And it did work until Schutt kept bowling off-paced deliveries which sat up to be smacked around, much like Wareham smacked around Dean.

McGrath dropped an absolute sitter tonight and there were a few fumbles here and there
That's actually being very kind. She didn't get her hands to it.

Also surprised why Australia didnt bowl any spin, given how well Charlie Dean and Sophie Ecclestone bowled .
???

We bowled 5 overs of spin.

Back