Who will win?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you imagine the response if the side who are holding both Mens World Cups went around describing themselves as the best side in the world...? (even if they are, which they arent, unlike the Womens WC holders...)
The Australian women are the best side in the world in all formats

One series doesn't change that

they were also setting themselves up for quite the fall, with Healy calling a 16-0 win when they were 6-0 up....sometimes cricket has a habit of biting you on the arse...
Maybe ... but they didn't lose.

They went there to retain the ashes and they did.

Yeah would have been great to win each series, but other than the last game and the test, it was tight and they could have won all of them because they were in them all. And let's be honest, with Lanning they probably would have, just for her captaincy, field placements etc.

The test should be worth more points than the ODIs and T20s

they were also setting themselves up for quite the fall, with Healy calling a 16-0 win when they were 6-0 up....sometimes cricket has a habit of biting you on the arse...
She didn't call a 16-0 win she said they would love to win 16-0.
I was interested In Alana Kings comment mentioning that the gap between the two she believes has increased . Sometimes Alana I feel speaks her mind . I think I the same question, Heather Knight have a much more measured response.
Again that's not what she said
"We're still going to try and be ahead of the game. Yes we want to bring other countries along because it's going to improve the game worldwide but I don't see us slowing down any time soon. I think we still want to be ahead and make sure that gap keeps getting bigger so I don't see it closing any time soon."

Colour me shocked the only decent bat was Perry and Gardner to a degree. Bats have been letting the side down all series long. Pitch was flat shouldn’t be too many excuses.

Healy is more cooked than Warner and we make her captain for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to win both the 50 over and T20 series against the self proclaimed 'best side in the world' is a result I didnt see coming, but also a bit of an inditement of the overall scoring system..

I was interested In Alana Kings comment mentioning that the gap between the two she believes has increased . Sometimes Alana I feel speaks her mind . I think I the same question, Heather Knight have a much more measured response.

"Self proclaimed" lmao. Good one

Mooney is one of the best openers in the world, why are we batting her in the middle order?
If they weren't giving games to Litchfield now, in a few years' time the question will be "why oh why didn't Australia give more top order opportunities to young players sooner?" As for the other spot at the top: Healy averages 44 as an opener, 16 elsewhere in the batting order. For the more versatile Mooney, it's 48 and 58.

The only other option that makes real sense would be to leave Litchfield out if she's not scoring runs (which is the case in the last few matches, after looking good in a number of previous innings without making a big score), elevate Mooney, then put a young player in at 5 who's more suited to that position.

I guess currently they see that young player is Flintoff, who hasn't shown as much as Webb, but is 3 years younger. Or, they see it being Sutherland, and once promoting her up the order, there's a comfy no.7 spot for Flintoff to slot into. They might not even have to drop Litchfield to do that next match, depending on Perry's knee.

Back