Women's Ashes 3rd T20 England v Australia July 9 0305hrs @ Lords

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I also genuinely feel this English batting lineup doesn’t fear any of these Aussie bowlers .

I reckon tonight’s game was a case of the rain delay helping the batting 2nd more. Imagine if the Aussies has another 36 runs in the bank there?

I also genuinely feel this English batting lineup doesn’t fear any of these Aussie bowlers .

I reckon tonight’s game was a case of the rain delay helping the batting 2nd more. Imagine if the Aussies has another 36 runs in the bank there?
Kissed on the proverbial in both the men’s and women’s with conditions

Wareham is a terrible fielder
Wareham has to improve her fielding. Dropped a catch last game, dropped a catch tonight. No excuses.
This comes a match after you said you didn't know she could hit the ball any good. No excuses needed, you're just saying stupid things.

Arguably the best fielder in women's cricket. Have a think about why they always put her and Gardner in the hotspots.

Btw she didn't drop a catch last game.

This comes a match after you said you didn't know she could hit the ball any good. No excuses needed, you're just saying stupid things.

Arguably the best fielder in women's cricket. Have a think about why they always put her and Gardner in the hotspots.

Think her dropped catch last night was pretty costly. Very next few balls went for boundaries , a six from memory and a four. Having those extra runs ended up proving the difference. As defending even 8 to 12 runs off the last over would have been a challenge compared to 2 runs.

The specific moment Wareham dropped the catch by Cricbuzz:

8.5 Gardner to Capsey, FOUR, flat-batted straight back for four! Back of a length at the stumps as Gardner fires it in, Capsey makes room and slaps it over Gardner. Powerful blow!
8.4 Gardner to Capsey, 2 runs, dropped! A difficult chance for Wareham running in from deep midwicket! Capsey slogs it in the air, doesn't quite get hold of it and it's dying in front of Wareham. She charges in and slides forward. Just about gets there but fails to hold on

T20 especially in a reduced game, such are the fine margins- mistakes like this have to be looked into more. I’m not questioning Warehams bowling and her batting last game was in the past. But Aussies would have had some chance possibly defending something like 7 to 8 runs in the last over given how the English almost bottled the job last night.

Think her dropped catch last night was pretty costly. Very next few balls went for boundaries , a six from memory and a four. Having those extra runs ended up proving the difference. As defending even 8 to 12 runs off the last over would have been a challenge compared to 2 runs.
Yes if she held that extremely tough chance, it might have changed the result. That would've been the reasonable assessment.

Steve Smith dropped a heaps easier catch on the same ground <1 week ago... terrible fielder!

Georgia is a star - admittedly she mis read it early - shes a gun fielder, great all round player who's had two reco's on her knee and that's secondary to the fact that she is a fantastic human. Priveleged to have played serious mens cricket with her

Back