Certified Legendary Thread 2nd Ashes Test England v Australia June 28-July 2 1930hrs @ Lords

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I usually don't like Lalor but he handled himself well on that nutters show. Well done.

Lets not forget Stokes had to play a freak innings for england to get close to Aus. He was also lucky in his innings with a few mishits falling safe & dropped catch. It was a herculean batting performance from him which was overshadowed due to himself, his coach, his teammates, English fans having a cry about the bairstow dismissal.
I did like Piers defending Baz ball results and claiming they win if they hold their catches while completely ignoring Stokes being put down three times. His intellect acrobatics have been amusing.

I saw some of the piers Morgan interview with Peter lalor. Last time I watch piers. He’d ask him a question then three words in try and speak over his guest every time. Flog

I noticed Piers didn't show a spilt screen of the Bairstow dismissal - did he "mark" his crease before or after Carey had let go of the ball?
Here's the thing, though. Scraping your foot on the crease doesn't mean sh!t. Piers' claim that this is a way of denoting the ball is dead or whatever is complete rubbish. What batsmen can do is turn to the keeper with their bat grounded to confirm the ball is dead. Bairstow didn't.

One of the amusing things in this saga has been English players and commentators making up unwritten rules on the fly and then losing it when others refuse to recognise those rules.

Here's the thing, though. Scraping your foot on the crease doesn't mean sh!t. Piers' claim that this is a way of denoting the ball is dead or whatever is complete rubbish. What batsmen can do is turn to the keeper with their bat grounded to confirm the ball is dead. Bairstow didn't.

One of the amusing things in this saga has been English players and commentators making up unwritten rules on the fly and then losing it when others refuse to recognise those rules.
Everyone knows that scraping your foot at right-angles to the crease is Yorkshire dialect for "Leave Wicket"

Everyone knows that scraping your foot at right-angles to the crease is Yorkshire dialect for "Leave Wicket"
Speaking as someone whose primary schooling took in three states I can confirm regional variations on that rule can be difficult at first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep,
In Perth kids say crease. No one wipes their foot on a mark.

I grew up in Perth and in backyard or driveway cricket you would say "crease" when you made the crease and "crease leave'' when you left it.

There were still a lot of arguments though with kids yelling crease before they made the crease when they were running between wickets.

No DRS available back then to settle the arguments either.

I grew up in Perth and in backyard or driveway cricket you would say "crease" when you made the crease and "crease leave'' when you left it.

There were still a lot of arguments though with kids yelling crease before they made the crease when they were running between wickets.

No DRS available back then to settle the arguments either.
Everything just got shortened to say crease in my household.

Not anymore with the replays too, my kids ask to see the security cameras sometimes to see if it got the run out.

keep saying Bairstow's laid very low throughout this, ironically perhaps the only one to realise they're better staying quiet rather than look like hypocrites.

reckon there's a fair chance he actually realised not long after he'd had a chance to ponder that he was a goose, even if his coach and team mates don't (publicly) say so
He also has history too. Decided best no to be a hypocrite.

Would love nothing more than to see him in front of Brett Lee again one day...
which he also brought up but neglected to mention he was the one who baited binga into that

English fans having a cry about the bairstow dismissal.
lets imagine a world where bairstow was given not out for a moment

bairstow goes onto make a few more runs - he's not in great form - broad doesn't hang around for 2.5 hours with stokes, who also doesn't start slapping the ball to all parts - and the game is over very meekly sometime around tea time

the spirit of the game varies according to whose side you’re playing with it seems. bairstow seems to be adept at ‘using’ rules when it suits. the more you look, the more he does this sort of thing

Bairstow: But I changed since then and have been shown the way with our cult leader Baz apogising 10 YEARS LATER in a speech and only because SANGAKARRA WAS IN THE ROOM.
We all worship at the alter of Baz as he is the self appointed saviour of Cricket and arbiter all things Spirit of Cricket, except when he does it.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back