• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win Aussies.

Second best figures all time by Ash.

Last edited:

Halfway through the second session yesterday it looked like the match was headed for a different outcome

Our bowling performance in the 4th, and especially from Gardner is what got us the victory - surely the POM performance

A pretty amazing game considering the pitch and the ebbs and flows throughout. :) very happy for the girls :)
Thought we were draw bound after the 1st innings then the pitch suddenly played all sorts of tricks. Old traditional type pitch. Plenty of run for 3 days then much harder to play on. Don't see so many of those these days.

Halfway through the second session yesterday it looked like the match was headed for a different outcome

Our bowling performance in the 4th, and especially from Gardner is what got us the victory - surely the POM performance
May have been very different. The onfield decisions went our way removing England's top order in very tight umpire's call reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a great Test Match, nearly 1400 runs at over 3.5 runs an over, 40 wickets and importantly a result.

Tests need to be over 5 days, because teams play to win instead of playing not to lose.

The win in context of recent history (past 10 Tests between the two teams):
SeriesVenueWinnerMarginPlayer of the Match
2007/08BowralENGLAND6 wicketsIsa Guha (ENG)
2009Worcesterdrawn-Jodie Fields (AUS)
2010/11SydneyAUSTRALIA7 wicketsRene Farrell (AUS)
2013Wormsleydrawn-Heather Knight (ENG)
2013/14PerthENGLAND61 runsEllyse Perry (AUS)
2015CanterburyAUSTRALIA161 runsJess Jonassen (AUS)
2017/18Sydneydrawn-Ellyse Perry (AUS)
2019Tauntondrawn-Ellyse Perry (AUS)
2021/22Canberradrawn-Heather Knight (ENG)
2023Trent BridgeAUSTRALIA89 runsAshleigh Gardner (AUS)

Only negative from the game was channel 9 decided to not show it on their main station at any stage of the match - sure today’s day 5 viewing was a better option than the s**t show that’s the Warnie mini-series

McGrath played a big part this morning tying up the other end building pressure with some unplayables. Good keeping too by Healy standing up.
Healy was fantastic - I could have sworn she had more stumpings but my sleep deprived brain is playing tricks on me!

Good toss to win for the Aussies. The King injury didn’t impact on the sides chances in the second innings.

England will be very disappointed in the second innings collapse, even allowing for the tricks the pitch played

Good win by the girls - shame the series outcome is almost determined after just one match given Australia simply need 1 more win (from the next 6 matches) to retain the Ashes or 2 to also win the series.

Accordingly, the series fixture is arse about as the one test (worth 4 points) should be played last, i.e. T20's/ODI's/Test match - this way the series could easily be still on the line leading up the test match...;)

Last edited:
Back