Who will win?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sure today’s day 5 viewing was a better option than the s**t show that’s the Warnie mini-series
I'm kinda enjoying it. Acting aint great, exception Anthony Hayes as Terry Jenner, nor is the striney narration.

Last edited:

Don't the pommy women know how to Bazball?
Well their captain/no.3 bat nearly got bowled second ball yesterday while reverse-sweeping, before being dismissed for an entertaining knock of nine runs (which included one six).

That was a great Test Match, nearly 1400 runs at over 3.5 runs an over, 40 wickets and importantly a result.

Tests need to be over 5 days, because teams play to win instead of playing not to lose.

100% also means weather becomes less of an issue, 5 days is plenty to get a result. Furthermore you open the opportunity early on to see some long batting. Finally brings the spinners in late, 4 days was a farce might as well just hand out a draw before the toss in those games

Well their captain/no.3 bat nearly got bowled second ball yesterday while reverse-sweeping, before being dismissed for an entertaining knock of nine runs (which included one six).
Okay, they can play CareyBall then

Only negative from the game was channel 9 decided to not show it on their main station at any stage of the match - sure today’s day 5 viewing was a better option than the s**t show that’s the Warnie mini-series
I was watching on the 9Now app and it kept jumping to ads in the middle of the over. That was also crap

Good toss to win for the Aussies. The King injury didn’t impact on the sides chances in the second innings.

England will be very disappointed in the second innings collapse, even allowing for the tricks the pitch played
That jagging delivery to King was brutal. Her best defence was probably to take it on the body, but hell that was nasty.

Make that 12 for Gardner. Fairest is to share the spoils between the two. Ecclestone pushed the both of them.
In a game where the bat mostly dominated over the ball, the person with 12 wickets must get the honours. But to score 230 runs in a game and not get the best on ground is damn unlucky.
Sophie Ecclestone with 10 wickets was also immense. I’d love all of them on my (mens) team.

Another win for bazball despite getting humped hahahahaha.
Cheeky! 😄

The English girls did great against one of the most dominant international teams in history.

Consider…. in all formats of the game, the Aussies have won 9 of every 10 games for the last 100 games.
When the variability of result for T20 is considered, the Aussies have for 5+ years been near unstoppable.

To get so close to the Aussies, even Oli Robinson’s comments on a win-when-you-lose is fair enough.

Last edited:
In a game where the bat mostly dominated over the ball, the person with 12 wickets must get the honours. But to score 230 runs in a game and not get the best on ground is damn unlucky.
Sophie Ecclestone with 10 wickets was also immense. I’d love all of them on my (mens) team.

10 wickets is worth 200 so 12 is worth 240, plus she made 40 with the bat. That’s a grand total of 280 she made. Easily player of the match as good as Beaumont was Ash got 4 when it was hard to bowl.

10 wickets is worth 200 so 12 is worth 240, plus she made 40 with the bat. That’s a grand total of 280 she made. Easily player of the match as good as Beaumont was Ash got 4 when it was hard to bowl.
I’m not sure it is that empirical. On a deck that seams both ways a score of 100 is more important than 10 wickets if no-one else makes over 20. But I get your point.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what pitches we'll see in India in 6 months' time when they host Tests against England and Australia, considering the hauls from Ecclestone and Gardner here...

Wonder what pitches we'll see in India in 6 months' time when they host Tests against England and Australia, considering the hauls from Ecclestone and Gardner here...

Probably play to their strengths which is spin I guess. Good question though

Next up a meeting at Edgbaston, a match-up that was supposed to happen a year earlier at the Comm Games, but never did because of England losing to India.

The reports I saw the other day said 18,000 tickets had already been sold for that match (first T20I on Saturday night), which is the same number of people who attended the first three days of this Test.

Also looking forward to the game at Lord's, which is a match-up that should've happened 6 years earlier in the 50-over World Cup, but never did because of Australia losing to India.

It doesn't work like that. Because wickets are shared, (runs aren't) there are 10 wickets that are distributed between all the bowlers. Ritchie Benaud said the best way to compare rarity.

7 wicket hauls are almost exactly as rare as a test individual 200. 5 wicket innings match up very well with 100s
There have been 101 8+ wicket hauls in test cricket, (3 10 wkt, 17 9 wkt and 81 8 wkt hauls)

There have been 99 test 250+ scores so 8 wicket hauls match up with test 250's pretty well.

(there have been 31 300+ scores. one of which was 400)

So the 12 wickets match up with roughly 80 in the first innings and 250 in the second. (although women's tests are still being written.)

Nice comment… I was crying out for Gardener to go over the wicket for the LBW and within short time it happened.
Put either Ecclestone or Gardner on a turner and they will clean up.

Last edited:
It doesn't work like that. Because wickets are shared, (runs aren't) there are 10 wickets that are distributed between all the bowlers. Ritchie Benaud said the best way to compare rarity.

7 wicket hauls are almost exactly as rare as a test individual 200. 5 wicket innings match up very well with 100s
There have been 101 8+ wicket hauls in test cricket, (3 10 wkt, 17 9 wkt and 81 8 wkt hauls)

There have been 99 test 250+ scores so 8 wicket hauls match up with test 250's pretty well.

So the 12 wickets match up with roughly 80 in the first innings and 250 in the second. (although women's tests are still being written.)
This is Grumbleguts doing what he does. Perfect numbers. All well said. And I like it. But he always forgets to give a positive to the person to whom he is responding. Grumble by name…

Last edited:

Each to their own might as well just give player of the matches to batsmen then. I’ll still defer to in a single innings you get a ton that’s as good as a 5 for, you get 10 that’s as good as a double. Glad they reward bowlers batsmen get enough of them heck they get player of the matches for getting 70 off sometimes. She not only got the 12, she made 40 runs too. It’s not even close clearly the best player of the match, Sophie Ecclestone would have been my second pick anyway. Got 5 when we had the best batting conditions too. Either her or Gardner for mine but Aus won so it’s Gardner. That pitch was fairly placid for 3 days, as good as the bats quite a few were getting runs on the first few days

Back