4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the betting markets over the last three days it wasn't just me and Ben Stokes.

Worth noting that Royal Liverpool which is only 80 minutes away was forecast to get bad weather on the Saturday didn't get any of the anticipated bad weather.
Betting markets?
Degenerates have nothing to do with cricket, they are their own separate thing.

Yeah that’s the thing, but he’s got to get through a season first. I heard one of his recent concussions was from a hit to the head from a volleyball pre game, real worry that
I wouldn't be putting too much hope on him returning to the top flight tbh.
Its very much a get your feet in the water and see how you go , not a real return to pressing for Australua selection.
Its a shame as he was a lock 10 year opener .

Last edited:
Stokes is so far up his own arse. Surely he could admit that even a declaration 20 overs earlier would have probably reaped them a couple of extra wickets, given how demoralised we were, and then a much better chance to take the last four in 30 overs the next day.
Gun player but has the biggest case of loser limp in world cricket.

Its amazing how he can hardly move in the field but as soon as he goes up the gears when batting he moves and runs really freely once he gets on top 😁

Gun player but has the biggest case of loser limp in world cricket.

Its amazing how he can hardly move in the field but as soon as he goes up the gears when batting he moves and runs really freely once he gets on top

Stokes when he’s called on to save the innings.

2ab2bf8ae6d7f3c4274b6a6303192c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate take off your Aussie glasses for a minute, we were not even close to them in the 4th game and they've been improving all series while we haven't been. None of our bowlers average under 29 and just got smashed. Meanwhile if they drop Anderson for Tongue they're humming

FFS no need to be an arrogant twat. Facts are it is 2-1, if they had have won it would be 2-2. To say we were certain to lose the 5th test is ludicrious to say the least.
In 2019 the team got beaten at Headingly by Stokes. It would have been a complete confidence disaster. Especially with knocking them over for 67 in the first innings and having them 2 for not much in the second chasing 330 odd. Next test we completely smash them and go 2-1 up, over celebrate and let England win the dead rubber.
You are just concern trolling painting a linear conclusion from one test to another. We could easily have been 3-0 coming in to Manchester, were only beaten by a couple of wickets so they outplayed us in 1 out of four games.
In 50 years of watching test cricket I have seen teams get smashed by an inning in a test and bounce back in the next. I don't know how much you have watched but you seem to panick pretty easily.
Every test is different different pitch, different conditions different mindset. The English might be deflated as they can't win, the Australians really want to change the 2019 result in the final test. You write off the Australians when they are WTC's and have been the best test nation over two years.

Like these current bazball 'enthusiasts', I suggest you may want to learn from 146 years of test history, and realise that things are not linear and things change.
England may well win at the Oval, but what has happened in the past does not make it a fait accompli for the future. Extrapolation and straw man arguments, what ifs, what abouts, coulda, woulda, shoulda's are not the basis for sensible an deep analysis

FFS no need to be an arrogant twat. Facts are it is 2-1, if they had have won it would be 2-2. To say we were certain to lose the 5th test is ludicrious to say the least.
In 2019 the team got beaten at Headingly by Stokes. It would have been a complete confidence disaster. Especially with knocking them over for 67 in the first innings and having them 2 for not much in the second chasing 330 odd. Next test we completely smash them and go 2-1 up, over celebrate and let England win the dead rubber.
You are just concern trolling painting a linear conclusion from one test to another. We could easily have been 3-0 coming in to Manchester, were only beaten by a couple of wickets so they outplayed us in 1 out of four games.
In 50 years of watching test cricket I have seen teams get smashed by an inning in a test and bounce back in the next. I don't know how much you have watched but you seem to panick pretty easily.
Every test is different different pitch, different conditions different mindset. The English might be deflated as they can't win, the Australians really want to change the 2019 result in the final test. You write off the Australians when they are WTC's and have been the best test nation over two years.

Like these current bazball 'enthusiasts', I suggest you may want to learn from 146 years of test history, and realise that things are not linear and things change.
England may well win at the Oval, but what has happened in the past does not make it a fait accompli for the future. Extrapolation and straw man arguments, what ifs, what abouts, coulda, woulda, shoulda's are not the basis for sensible an deep analysis
Christ what a boring reply. I get it your a team nuffy. If you don't think we were odds on to lose with the side getting worse during the season I can't help ya.

Might be wise to take your own advice.

Bazzball enthusiasts also understand that things change - it seems as though the people decrying it as a tactic are the ones who don’t want to accept that.

As i said previously in here instead of throwing these ideas into the air, actually explain how you will make them work. English weather is so s**t could get 5 rained out days in a row and the reserve day be ok , so how are you going to get a result you clowns ? No you are only saying these ideas cause you just want another reason to bitch and moan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder whether the two Kiwi coaches (and former teammates) Daniel Vettori and Brendon McCullum have been talking to each other after the run out of blubber-belly Bairstow?

None of these suggestions would be put forth had the poms been up 2-1.

You didn’t win the series.

Deal. With. It.

Rain also doesn't matter if you do the job early in your own conditions, england got out of jail last ashes at the scg due to rain but it didnt cost us the ashes, england won all tosses had best of home conditions coming off an 18 month hot streak the series should have been wrapped up early by them and rain wouldnt matter.

Feels like the 2019 game on that ground. We look lethargic.
I hope we get pumped. Giving up singles against these 2, men on the boundary and bowling absolutely s**t. Acting like we are facing Jayusuriya and Sehwag.
We are gonna be 400 down on day 1

Duckett looks like he will chop on every ball. A technically crap player. A tight line to him and he's f**ked.

On or just outside off, Australia. It's not rocket science.

Back