Who will win?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was on a wet pitch at the Junction Oval - England asked Austraia to bat and bowled us out for just 38, Wilson top scored with 12.

From the related article:

"But it was Betty Wilson who had the last laugh.
She tore the England batting line-up apart with her off-spin, taking 7-7 as the tourists were dismissed for 35 during a spell that included the first ever hat-trick in women's international cricket.
Then, she scored a century as Australia posted 9-202 declared in their second dig.
The game ended in a rain-affected draw but Australia came close to stealing a win when Wilson collected 4-9 in England's second innings, finishing the match figures of 11-16.
In doing so, she became the first cricketer, male or female, to score a century and take 10 wickets in a Test, a feat not matched until 1980 when Ian Botham hit 114 and picked up 13 wickets against India in Mumbai."
I must admit I found it interesting that when they lost the first day to the weather, they didn't play on the rest day.

27gardner-match-stat.ashx
11/16 is probably more influential than 12/165. We would have won by an innings.

They're not cutting games and, I'm sorry to say, they won't be playing more than 1 Test per series for the foreseeable future. Adding 2-day red ball games to the WNCL, and getting the likes of NZ to join in on the multi-format idea, is doable and on the agenda though.

100% think that’s what I said earlier. Maybe 2, but I like the current format and I like how we can play both Ashes concurrently

Adding 2-day red ball games to the WNCL, and getting the likes of NZ to join in on the multi-format idea, is doable and on the agenda though.
Then again, NZ just lost to essentially one Sri Lankan by 9 wickets, so those kind of results don't really help their case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back