Worst 2009 AFL Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

len_jet

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2006
Mernda
AFL Club
Carlton
Based on a few things, over all playing ability, leadership, ability to "win a game off own boot", flexibility as a player (ie: go back or forward) etc, off field marketing and promotion of the club, you get the drift.

Naa got side tracked and bugger me if I could figure out who is captaining Sydney this year! :eek:

Adam Goodes got captancy, so now I'd say Sydney have about 6 captains :eek:.

Anyway, as bad as Maxwell is, Lloyd is a stinker for the spot. I think it's about time David Hille gets captancy because Lloyd's leadership only leads them straight down the ladder.

Clearly its Brad Johnson...I've never seen a guy shit his pants so hard at the prospect of trying to slot a goal to win his team a game of footy.

Lloyd is just as guilty for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

Adam Goodes got captancy, so now I'd say Sydney have about 6 captains :eek:.

Anyway, as bad as Maxwell is, Lloyd is a stinker for the spot. I think it's about time David Hille gets captancy because Lloyd's leadership only leads them straight down the ladder.

Lloyd is just as guilty for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

You're must be very stupid to call a player who has almost 900 goals a bad player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you only watch the team you support play?

I used to. It was only until early this year that I stopped being a casual AFL supporter. But I honestly can't be crapped watching every past AFL game at this point.

Either way, I don't need to watch videos of the past in order to see Lloyd's amazing diving ability because he still does it to this day. Johnson on the other hand doesn't seem to dive much. Watched the Dogs lately?

Anyway, it's still my opinion. Lloyd isn't a suitable captain, in terms of leadership, I'd say Hille is over 9000 times better at the moment.

I used to. It was only until early this year that I stopped being a casual AFL supporter. But I honestly can't be crapped watching every past AFL game at this point.

Either way, I don't need to watch videos of the past in order to see Lloyd's amazing diving ability because he still does it to this day. Johnson on the other hand doesn't seem to dive much. Watched the Dogs lately?

Anyway, it's still my opinion. Lloyd isn't a suitable captain, in terms of leadership, I'd say Hille is over 9000 times better at the moment.

So you're basing your ideals upon a year of football, one of which Lloyd played great, hard football on his merits and didn't rely on umpires.

You asked whether or not I watched the dogs lately, yes I try to watch every game of football, I don't know why I asked you because it's bloody obvious you don't, considering the amount of shit you talk.

The fact you think Lloyd dives and Johnson doesn't is ******, considering you only started watching football the year Lloyd practically stops and the year Johnson does it heaps :D.

So you're basing your ideals upon a year of football, one of which Lloyd played great, hard football on his merits and didn't rely on umpires.

You asked whether or not I watched the dogs lately, yes I try to watch every game of football, I don't know why I asked you because it's bloody obvious you don't, considering the amount of shit you talk.

The fact you think Lloyd dives and Johnson doesn't is ******, considering you only started watching football the year Lloyd practically stops and the year Johnson does it heaps :D.

As much as I hate to say it (being a horrible essendon supporter :p) I agree with this... Lloyd fits the "win the match off own boot" status, while often soft still throws himself into a pack for a mark and is very skill full in front of goals (especially accuracy) even if he does take a century with his routine.

Maxwell is a horrible captain and so is McDonald... Melbourne were pretty much in a corner... Green, Bruce and McLean were their only other options... Green is a selfish football, McLean is horribly undisipline and Bruce is too inconsistent. Collingwood would of been better off going with Pendelbury or Lockyer, i'd even go with Cloke before Maxwell!

Of 16 options Maxwell is at 66% of the vote as I post this. Given the comments above and the fact that even Choc didn't want Cassissi as Port Captain it says something pretty strong I reckon.

I'd probably want McVeigh as captain over Lloyd. He just comes across as thick as dogshit for some reason. Great player though. Agree with the Johnson diving comments. Really crept into his game last year which is a bit of a shame.

Examples?

Lloyd's diving is overrated. He doesn't do it as often as everyone believes and I have barely noticed it within the past 4 years.

Sorry, but incase your brain was shoved up your bum, I said 2008 was my first non-casual year of being a Football fan, AKA, watching several games from other teams. I was watching it quite a bit through 2004-2006 and you know what, Lloyd was diving there a bit too.

Though, I'll stop talking about it at this point. It upsets Don supporters too much and I will admit, he stopped doing it quite a bit throughout 2008. But apart from the diving, for the 3rd time, David Hille deserves captancy, Lloyd won't guide the Bombers to a Premiership as it has already been illustrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back