Worst ACA/TT stories

Remove this Banner Ad

I was channel surfing last night and it happened to be when these two shoes were on. It's the first time in years I have even contemplated watching but one story caught my attention on ACA... The family selling everything on Ebay. As I didn't see the original episode, I may be out of context, but here's my vent...

Ok, so the family house a house (not sure if rent/buy, shouldn't matter). They also own a block of land. They struggle to meet mortgage repayments for the block of land, so they're being forced to sell the land. They don't want to sell the land because they want to keep it for 3 years or so to get a capital gain. So what do they do, decide to sell the entire contents of their house, leaving them with nothing but a house and block of land. That was the original story. This has got to be one of the most selfish acts i've seen, given they put it out as a sob story on ACA. For gods sake, sell the block of land now - if you can't afford it, you shouldn't have bought it!

Now, the follow up story, apparently the show had heaps of sympathetic responses towards the family. One guy ends up giving them $20,000 and them to keep the contents.

FFS, how can people be sympathetic to the family when the block of land as an extra investment is a luxury? These kind of stories really s**t me, putting a "battling" family on there and they just get charity out of it. If only these kind of people would make better life decisions.

It continues tonight - 9 just did a "story" on the Bingo thing, basically spending 5 minutes slagging Today Tonight. 7 is about to show thier response.

What was laughable was Tracey Grimshaw saying at the end of the story that they are over it and want it to end tonight :rolleyes:

It continues tonight - 9 just did a "story" on the Bingo thing, basically spending 5 minutes slagging Today Tonight. 7 is about to show thier response.

What was laughable was Tracey Grimshaw saying at the end of the story that they are over it and want it to end tonight :rolleyes:

So the Bingo stories have lasted longer than the whole series.

I just heard a great line...they're going on about how all food we buy will give us cancer and they come out with this brilliantly contradictory line:

"Secret government test results obtained by Today Tonight through the freedom of information act"

Yeah, its Tracy's fault. Why people bag her and Anna Coren is beyond me. They say what they're made to say. It aint their opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back