Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership player too

It's amazing how many spuds were involved in Blight's back to back flags

Aaron Keating... won 2 Grand Finals in a week. One for the crows then a week later for Norwood.

Two premiership medals in a week and didn't get a kick in either game, got to be some sort of record.

Legendary.

Aaron Keating... won 2 Grand Finals in a week. One for the crows then a week later for Norwood.

Two premiership medals in a week and didn't get a kick in either game, got to be some sort of record.

Legendary.

I knew he played in the Norwood flag, but didn't realise he registered donuts in that game as well

I remember when the 97 Crows were presented at Wayville Showgrounds the day after, and I thought he acted like a bit of a flog considering his Bradbury-esque ascent to the team (obviously at the time, neither the words 'flog' or 'Bradbury' were the specific words thought up, but they best represent the sentiment)

Legendary.
I had to look this up, talk about right place at the right time. Just a cool 3 hit outs and a tackle for the day. I wonder how many Players who played without a Premiership would trade their 100 - 150 - 200 -250+ games for 6 games and Premiership win career instead.

Underachiever, but someone who kicked 6 goals in a preliminary final doesn't belong in this thread.

My favourite James Cook moment was when he played on after quarter time siren (despite numerous umpire warnings) to snap a goal which was disallowed.

became a competition whipping boy. Had the talent, just didn't always produce when required.

I knew he played in the Norwood flag, but didn't realise he registered donuts in that game as well

I remember when the 97 Crows were presented at Wayville Showgrounds the day after, and I thought he acted like a bit of a flog considering his Bradbury-esque ascent to the team (obviously at the time, neither the words 'flog' or 'Bradbury' were the specific words thought up, but they best represent the sentiment)
Didn't Modra do a Shawn Michaels style biceps pose at Wayville despite not playing? Being an AA plus Coleman medal season for him though should entitle a bit of fun. Much more reason to do so than Robert Murphy anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to BF, being a premiership player makes you immediately a superstar...

No, that happens when drafted by either Collingwood or Essendon.

My favourite James Cook moment was when he played on after quarter time siren (despite numerous umpire warnings) to snap a goal which was disallowed.

Pretty sure that was Melbourne in a game against North, and he kicked 6 that day. Could have been 7.

Didn't Modra do a Shawn Michaels style biceps pose at Wayville despite not playing? Being an AA plus Coleman medal season for him though should entitle a bit of fun. Much more reason to do so than Robert Murphy anyway.

Tony Modra can do whatever the * he wants to whenever he wants to

Matt Priddis.

Because he was good enough at getting a seriously hard ball - to blind people at our club into thinking him being the slowest player in the comp with hideous disposal and no vision would do anything more than make us also rans.

Its absolutely no surprise that the year after he retires - the exact same midfield starters that destroyed hawthorn without him in the 2015 final at subi have been able to match it with other top 4 teams midfields without him dragging them down with his shitty disposal and being lost and left further and further behind the play on an opposition turnarounds.

Watching our guys constantly get critiqued for not playing 4 quarters - when they had both their man to cover and his..... funny how that disappeared this year.

Priddis was and should have stayed a champion wafl player.

Not going to label people.

I do remember Brent Hall's one game for Collingwood. He was completely a deer in the headlights

To be fair on Jack Anthony, he only became a spud after donning the purple jumper.

just like many before him, Sylvia, Croad, Tarrant, Freo seems to bring out the worst in players, especially goal kickers.
Tarrant?

Did freo reinvent him as a backman and he starred?

Kinda thinking if not aa in that possy then certainly close

To be fair on Jack Anthony, he only became a spud after donning the purple jumper.

just like many before him, Sylvia, Croad, Tarrant, Freo seems to bring out the worst in players, especially goal kickers.

You know that Freo resurrected his career after turning him into a gun key defender yeah?

And Jack Anthony was such a star before joining Freo that Collingwood delisted him, allowing us to take him in the PSD. You're not great at facts.

I see your point but it would still be something they would strongly consider.
Players these days need to put their body on the line more than ever due to the coverage they receive and s**t the would cop if they didnt
I think there's merit in it.

I had skills and athletic ability, but I was short and lightly built, so was s**t scared at getting crunched.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back