Saethiaal

Senior List
Mar 3, 2009
Townsville
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redlegs
Robert Walls, Tim Lane, Matthew Lloyd and Steve Quartermain.

They have the biggest collection of facepalm quotes and stupid statements. "Cometh the man, cometh the moment" as Daisy Thomas took the mark in the last minute for Collingwood.. Proceeds to miss the goal. Constantly gets the names of players (90% of them being crows players) wrong. Reilly is van Berlo? They don't even look close. :thumbsdown:

For a bloke who was so very critical of a goal umpiring error last week Quartermain makes a lot of errors himself

Maybe he should never be allowed to commentate again?

Apparently it was Jaensch in the first quarter who handballed and had it blocked by Daisy. It was Symes

They did pronounce EVARN's name correctly though.....

Not every time, i heard Eye-van i couple times. Still, i didn't think the commentary was the worst i'd heard this year. I preferred it to D. Russell's usual cliche fest. Even if i wasn't constantly informed when someone had the "biggest lead of the game."

Jaensch was mistaken for Porplyzia in the first quarter. Not good enough for a professional commentator. Quartermain is a hypocrite. Blames the goal umpires for silly little mistakes but then he makes them all the time, mistaking players like Van Berlo for Reilly and vice-versa. The thing that annoys me the most though is the general bias talk towards Collingwood. I don't think we recieved one bit of praise for our first-quarter efforts - instead it was all about how bad Collingwood were playing.

Jaensch was mistaken for Porplyzia in the first quarter. Not good enough for a professional commentator. Quartermain is a hypocrite. Blames the goal umpires for silly little mistakes but then he makes them all the time, mistaking players like Van Berlo for Reilly and vice-versa. The thing that annoys me the most though is the general bias talk towards Collingwood. I don't think we recieved one bit of praise for our first-quarter efforts - instead it was all about how bad Collingwood were playing.

I think they are allowed a mistake or 2 in a game, and Porps and Jaensch would look similar from afar. Their body shape is very similar, they both have a number in the 40's and they have similar hair

As long as they learn from their mistake and don't keep repeating it, i'm ok with that

Some of the most Collingwoodcentric commentating I have ever heard.

This is the Collingwood's lowest ever 1st quarter score since blah blah blah

We received very little praise all game, just continual Collingwood talk. Cloke this, cloke that, Didak, Thomas etc. It was like listening to 5AA which is obviously Adelaide biased in reverse.

Some of the most Collingwoodcentric commentating I have ever heard.

This is the Collingwood's lowest ever 1st quarter score since blah blah blah

We received very little praise all game, just continual Collingwood talk. Cloke this, cloke that, Didak, Thomas etc. It was like listening to 5AA which is obviously Adelaide biased in reverse.

which is interesting because it was a box of self-admitted, card carrying Collingwood haters. didn't really hear it myself, but getting quartermain, walls or lane to praise anything Collingwood is usually like getting blood from a stone. they hate us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joely and Thommo 42 - the commentators talked about Collingwood the whole game. Every play, decision, outcome was Collingwood-centric.

There were 2 teams out there, and for almost all the game Adelaide (that's the youngest Adelaide side EVER) was the better team.

Well done for the win. I guess you and your coaches will hope what Adelaide did will slide under the radar.

I suspect you are in for disappointment.

What Adelaide did? Caught Collingwood playing poorly... Grats.

Commentators were ****ing stupid. 'Sidebottom has no right foot' worst call ever lloyd you dud.

Lane, Quartermain and Walls BARRACKING for Collingwood? This I have to see. Honestly have never believed this possible. The replay is now a must-watch.
I don't think it was the worst we have had this season, but it was more the lack of respect for how well the Crows were playing. They always seemed to keep talking Collingwood up despite Adelaide controlling the contest. There was barely a whisper when Adelaide scored a goal, but they couldn't get enough of Didak's in the last quarter when he had done nothing all game. I'm not really suprised though, I didn't expect anything more. Darcy is the biggest knob in the Melbourne media atm too.

So would we prefer Kelli Underwood? I want Dennis Cometti next week v Saints. He is a champ. I must admit not many crows positive comments from the commentators tonight but it was a victorian based game so nothing new there.

Lane, Quartermain and Walls BARRACKING for Collingwood? This I have to see. Honestly have never believed this possible. The replay is now a must-watch.

It wasn't so much that they were barracking for Collingwood as much as it was that they were not giving any credit to the Crows for anything we did. Everything that went right for Collingwood was because Collingwood are great, and anything that went right for us was that Collingwood are not great at the moment. They routinely commented how "once Collingwood gets up and running", we were going to get run off the park.

They went into the game declaring the Crows were no chance whatsoever and they commented the entire match in that same frame of mind, attributing every Crows effort to a lack of effort from Collingwood.

It wasn't so much that they were barracking for Collingwood as much as it was that they were not giving any credit to the Crows for anything we did. Everything that went right for Collingwood was because Collingwood are great, and anything that went right for us was that Collingwood are not great at the moment. They routinely commented how "once Collingwood gets up and running", we were going to get run off the park.

They went into the game declaring the Crows were no chance whatsoever and they commented the entire match in that same frame of mind, attributing every Crows effort to a lack of effort from Collingwood.
considering they had all tipped the Pies to win by about 40-50 points (because anything higher would probably seem disrespectful to the Crows), i'm surprised they weren't surprised about how close the Crows got to winning (or Pies got to losing).

Totally agree with all the above, gutsy effort by the boys tonight and you would've thought the commentary would've given us a little more credit...it was pretty woeful tonight, but shouldn't be that surprising I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back