Opinion Would Geelong have won?

Remove this Banner Ad

We woulda beaten Freo and the Hawks.

And I would have ended up with Jen if Brad was not there when I met her.

Im looking for the next Jen now..

GO Catters

no we wouldnt have won, the match committee would have continued to play out of form players like varcoe and hawkins.
This. While the ruck and Enright situation was beyond our control we have no one to blame but ourselves for the above or our total lack of a tagger come finals due to terrible form of Hunt and refusal to play GHS. Then we had Chapman warm the bench for half of our first final and get himself needlessly suspended from the PF.

Can only hope the club learn from their series of stupid decisions this year and that steaming pile of s**t GF they had to watch yesterday haunts them.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. But didn't.

Agree with Sim Dog, that I hope we don't make too many changes just to save face and say we are looking forward to 2015 and beyond.
We have a chance now, we definitely could have been there.

I don't think it was stupid decisions of the MC or coaching panel. Injuries played their part this year for sure. More so, the inability to rest players down the stretch was a definite problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We woulda beaten Freo and the Hawks.

And I would have ended up with Jen if Brad was not there when I met her.

Im looking for the next Jen now..

GO Catters
the next Jen is Angelina. Don't know whether to be depressed for this season or excited about the next. As long as we don't gift wrap Chappy to the hawks. When is Menz coming back? Sent from my typewriter.

As a collective bunch our players outperformed our MC. If a select few players are down it should not affect a team like ours as much as it did. We need our MC to step up this year if we are to go for 14'-15' and beyond. This starts basically now with the Chappy decision. Give him 1 more year.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. But didn't.

Agree with Sim Dog, that I hope we don't make too many changes just to save face and say we are looking forward to 2015 and beyond.
We have a chance now, we definitely could have been there.

I don't think it was stupid decisions of the MC or coaching panel. Injuries played their part this year for sure. More so, the inability to rest players down the stretch was a definite problem.

Walker vs Freo with Chappy on the bench was stupid. When you have a better forward in Vardy and you throw him into the ruck when they refused to play West. Not because he would have beaten Sandipants, but because it would have been better structurally.

Playing Hawkins all year, while not giving games in anyone when we played crap teams and then expecting Walker to come in a final with like 2 games as an actual forward not a pinch hitter in the ruck was really dumb, on-top of saying Hawkins won't get any worse if they play him, which he did, for the one final that gave us the best and probably only chance at have a shot at the Flag...

Can't help but thinking it.
Nope, we played hawthorn, we were lucky to get as close as we did, they really should have win by more with their inaccurate kicking, Fremantle beat us fair and square in Geelong... So nope, we played both of those teams in the finals and we weren't good enough, it's why they were there and not us

Also seeing Brian lake do his stuff on Saturday made me realise how big and irreplaceable a fit Matthew Scarlett was to the Geelong football club, he just wasn't the same player in 2012, but in his day during the premiership era he was another level above lake. Imagine if we had a primed Matthew Scarlett out there against hawthorn that last quarter? No doubt we would have won.

Just goes to show you we are definitely not the same side that won those 3 grand finals anymore, but that is just an extreme credit to Chris Scott and the development team, being able to transition so many legends out of our best 22 and still make a prelim while doing it! Only falling 5 points short of the most experienced primed team in the AFL of a grand final appearance In the process... What a phenominal coach and team we have

Also seeing Brian lake do his stuff on Saturday made me realise how big and irreplaceable a fit Matthew Scarlett was to the Geelong football club, he just wasn't the same player in 2012, but in his day during the premiership era he was another level above lake. Imagine if we had a primed Matthew Scarlett out there against hawthorn that last quarter? No doubt we would have won.

Just goes to show you we are definitely not the same side that won those 3 grand finals anymore, but that is just an extreme credit to Chris Scott and the development team, being able to transition so many legends out of our best 22 and still make a prelim while doing it! Only falling 5 points short of the most experienced primed team in the AFL of a grand final appearance In the process... What a phenominal coach and team we have

Completely agree with what you say but Lyon made Lake look better than he is.
Him and Hodge they basically just left un-manned 40m behind the contest or across half back.
If Scarlett was given that much room he would have had 35 touches.

my two cents.

Don't give me this woulda shoulda coulda crap.

If we had of won our prelim we would have won the grand final, Fremantle choked, that's all this thread is about really.

On a side note that's the worst granny I've seen in some time.

my two cents.

Don't give me this woulda shoulda coulda crap.

If we had of won our prelim we would have won the grand final, Fremantle choked, that's all this thread is about really.

On a side note that's the worst granny I've seen in some time.

if we had beaten hawthorn, i think freo would be premiers...

hawthorn had the game to combat them, we didnt. sandilands would have eaten the souls of vardy and blicavs, and our mids would not have been able to compete with theirs.

they scored 1 goal in a half, and yet were within 15 points at the end.

we didnt have the personnel available or in form to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back