WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. But still believe to keep history and move forward rather than jog up & down, you need to look at ways to become successful and build something to become a force In this comp

The hardest thing facing all sporting clubs is keeping kids playing sport. If we don't get the path ways fixed in 5-10 years time no point having senior clubs as you won't have the players coming through to fill sides. I'm a big believer of having massive junior clubs so you have clubs with 2-3 sides in each age group so kids can be graded at their level, that then gives more balance to competition.

Point Cook is a model of this, they are just a massive club and really have had little clubs around them competing for the same kids. The now Point Cook Centrals are starting to build but the population they have between them is huge.

Early tips for this week:
NP by 10 Goals over AV (don't rate the cobras and powers pressure is huge)
ML over PS by 5goals (stiff to be winless. will bounce back at home)
NF over WF by 15 Goals(West shouldnt bother showing up)
YSE by 2goals over PC (YSE to show why they are the powerhouse of the division in a tough contest)

Pretty much spot on

NP easy enough 6 goal win
ML first win, looks like Parkers will be mid pack
NF , thought NF would blow WF out
PC will be in the running

Points have been split, but percentage has changed.

Looks like they have ruled the game to finish at 3.8 to 3.3.

Because both sides were on equal points and neck and neck on percentage, it has swapped the two sides around.

round 5 tips:

ML by 6goals over AV (still dont rate AV and ML will be confident after last week)

YSE over NP by a tough 3-4goals (NP strong at home but YSE will still be a class above, hopefully they get a full game unlike last year)

NF over PC by less than 2 goals (PC backline not enough for the devils talls. will flex some muscle and continue a tight top 3. could go either way but gonna back NF to make a statement on the road)

PS by 5 goals over WF (obviously)

Tips

ML by 5 goals over AV (Might be even closer at AV ground in the wet)
YV by 2 goals over NP (Should be tight in the wet and at NP ground), could we see an upset?
NF by a goal over PC (match of the round, never seen NF play but might be too good )
PS by 6 goals over WF (PS should do it easy enough)

I've read over the years that the Ammo's is a soft league and that the standard isn't great yet we have a D 7 club in context taking sides to the cleaners.
Well done Point Cook hope you continue your good form and get in a position to go deep into the season.

I've read over the years that the Ammo's is a soft league and that the standard isn't great yet we have a D 7 club in context taking sides to the cleaners.
Well done Point Cook hope you continue your good form and get in a position to go deep into the season.

Whilst i like your sentiment. The side that ran out yesterday is vastly different to one that did last year (not unusual for local footy) but we have been able to recruit people who wouldnt have been available if we were still in the ammos.

However, our VAFA players are standing the test and playing some good footy.

We had a good turn out yesterday, the North footscray supporters were very similar to the VAFA followers where they all came in for a beer after the game and a good mingle. A few of them hung around for a while, so hats off to them!

Whilst i like your sentiment. The side that ran out yesterday is vastly different to one that did last year (not unusual for local footy) but we have been able to recruit people who wouldnt have been available if we were still in the ammos.

However, our VAFA players are standing the test and playing some good footy.

We had a good turn out yesterday, the North footscray supporters were very similar to the VAFA followers where they all came in for a beer after the game and a good mingle. A few of them hung around for a while, so hats off to them!
Thanks TT It was a good hard fought game and you are the team to beat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks TT It was a good hard fought game and you are the team to beat

Like many reminded us yesterday about how many times Yarraville beat NF last year, but counted for nothing

Yeah think the social rooms had a bit of an upgrade but not much else. Why would council invest $$ into that oval.
Parkside have good facilities and to my understanding have no juniors so could that be an option?
Another option is to put them on an adjoining oval near Nth Foots on the 2nd oval where cricket is played. But there isn’t enough juniors for 2 clubs in that area either. Sooner or later they need to merge with a club. Surely it makes sense to merge with Nth Foots as they are the same colours. Design a new jumper incorporating red & white and re name the merged club Footscray Districts (or something similar) keep the history of both clubs.
I would try to align with Footscray VFL in some way like a feeder club. Could they get a few players from there. But that would involve them playing div1.

Surely that’s a win/win..

Gez turbo your quick to throw clubs under the bus mate.

My question to you is what details do you actually now about these clubs? Proper facts. Do you no junior teams, bank balances etc?

I am a country bloke who moved to yarraville area this year. Went and watched yarraville v west footscray. I walked away with a lot of respect for west footscray and none for yarraville. Found yarraville very cocky and are a go in the as a club. Didn't like how yarraville went about it. Found west footscray refreshing being very polite and asking questions from blokes who had never met me.

The ground on Essex street is in shocking condition, but does anyone now that today they put in a tender to the council to redo the ground with the cricket club for 2 million dollars today? Or the girls senior footy team that played for the mothers day cup against spotty on sunda loads of junior teams and being the envy of metro teams in the west for juniors a new electronic scoreboard being put up with surround sound and speakers for movie nights next year. Or the first time they had a past players reunion were there would have been 40 blokes on the weekend?

Just coz the results aren't there yet doesn't mean a club should merg.

My question to you is what details do you actually now about these clubs? Proper facts. Do you no junior teams, bank balances etc?

I am a country bloke who moved to yarraville area this year. Went and watched yarraville v west footscray. I walked away with a lot of respect for west footscray and none for yarraville. Found yarraville very cocky and are a go in the as a club. Didn't like how yarraville went about it. Found west footscray refreshing being very polite and asking questions from blokes who had never met me.

The ground on Essex street is in shocking condition, but does anyone now that today they put in a tender to the council to redo the ground with the cricket club for 2 million dollars today? Or the girls senior footy team that played for the mothers day cup against spotty on sunda loads of junior teams and being the envy of metro teams in the west for juniors a new electronic scoreboard being put up with surround sound and speakers for movie nights next year. Or the first time they had a past players reunion were there would have been 40 blokes on the weekend?

Hey Olly, appreciate your reply and thoughts. I wasn’t meaning to throw West under the bus as they are a proud club who have been around for many years and I wouldn’t like to see them hit rock bottom. Some good players came out of West. I was just trying to say the area around West Footscray is tough to get players in. Yes a few townhouses popping up but it’s not the best ground for attracting new senior players with ability mate. Your opinion on YSE is what your entitled to but they do have a nice ground and decent facilities.

I think in the coming years in a lot of comps some clubs will ultimately merge to stay financially above water and to compete at a decent standard.

Huge loss for YSE Olly.

Sounds like you’ve got a lot to offer and are very polite. Hope you enjoy your movie nights down at West.

Hey Olly, appreciate your reply and thoughts. I wasn’t meaning to throw West under the bus as they are a proud club who have been around for many years and I wouldn’t like to see them hit rock bottom. Some good players came out of West. I was just trying to say the area around West Footscray is tough to get players in. Yes a few townhouses popping up but it’s not the best ground for attracting new senior players with ability mate. Your opinion on YSE is what your entitled to but they do have a nice ground and decent facilities.

I think in the coming years in a lot of comps some clubs will ultimately merge to stay financially above water and to compete at a decent standard.

Agree it's hard mate but I believe a merger is a last resort for clubs as generally one of the two clubs in the merger lose there identity. I have seen it happen so many times.

So many clubs have great history. We are all custodians of the clubs we play for and support and should never forget the history of who was before us. Clubs struggle It's about finding your was thru tough times and prospering.

Agree it's hard mate but I believe a merger is a last resort for clubs as generally one of the two clubs in the merger lose there identity. I have seen it happen so many times.

So many clubs have great history. We are all custodians of the clubs we play for and support and should never forget the history of who was before us. Clubs struggle It's about finding your was thru tough times and prospering.

I agree with you on this but in these times you need to have some big powerbroker on board as sponsors are not handing over loads of cash as per years ago. Plus the sponsor wants to get some bang for his bucks which isn’t easy in an area near West’s ground. YSE ground provides great exposure for sponsors but even they struggle to attract the big ones..

Jeez for a bloke off the street, you sure know a fair bit.......

What your saying has merit though

Jeez for a bloke off the street, you sure know a fair bit.......

What your saying has merit though

Sat in on the past players day and listened to the speech from club president, vice president and junior coordinator is were I got the info mate. Only watched 2 to 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back