Racing WS Cox Plate 2021 - dedicated raceday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how me throwing up a heavily weighted bet against me on a monday has worked against me here.

$2.90 vs $5.00+$26

What part of Zaaki v Anamoe h2h is unclear
Liefs clearly said he was with Anamoe prior to the post after my proposition
Then said Zaaki on top?

Doesn’t matter , I’ll be happy enough cheering home Zaaki as romps away at 100m

"clearly" stop making up things. I am happy to let a horse go around $3.80 if it has no value and watch it win if he makes the imrpovement required. Anamoe winning is what every horse enthusiast should want. Colt, best of his generation stepping up to euro rejects and a mudder mare.

I will be going for Anamoe but might just be short if Zaaki gets back to normal or VE finds a wet track (forecasted).

What part of Zaaki v Anamoe h2h is unclear
Liefs clearly said he was with Anamoe prior to the post after my proposition
Then said Zaaki on top?

Doesn’t matter , I’ll be happy enough cheering home Zaaki as romps away at 100m

Nah if you're going to s**t on the 3yos being so poor not including a 20/1 chance in the prop is weak. Adding in the other 3yo actually makes it right on the money as a fair wager right now

Nah if you're going to sh*t on the 3yos being so poor not including a 20/1 chance in the prop is weak. Adding in the other 3yo actually makes it right on the money as a fair wager right now

Ignoring the bet. It's a fair movement against Zaaki since monday or before, factoring in the scratching.

Not sure how me throwing up a heavily weighted bet against me on a monday has worked against me here.

$2.90 vs $5.00+$26

"clearly" stop making up things. I am happy to let a horse go around $3.80 if it has no value and watch it win if he makes the imrpovement required. Anamoe winning is what every horse enthusiast should want. Colt, best of his generation stepping up to euro rejects and a mudder mare.
Now you’re just being ridiculous
9 x GP1 winning mare

not sure how you’ve typed that post with both hands on your Johnson

Anamoe winning is what every horse enthusiast should want. Colt, best of his generation stepping up to euro rejects and a mudder mare.
Why would any enthusiast care if a horse beats rejects or mudders?

Now you’re just being ridiculous
9 x GP1 winning mare

not sure how you’ve typed that post with both hands on your Johnson

Why would any enthusiast care if a horse beats rejects or mudders?

Mmm and 2 wins on dry tracks. Only horse to beat her on heavy is in top 5 in world. Great wet track horse.

Zaaki was sold at dispersal sale for like 100k guineas. Both very good horses but no classic Cox plate coming up. Would be great to see 3yo win as history would say it's only good ones that do it.

Mmm and 2 wins on dry tracks. Only horse to beat her on heavy is in top 5 in world. Great wet track horse.

Zaaki was sold at dispersal sale for like 100k guineas. Both very good horses but no classic Cox plate coming up. Would be great to see 3yo win as history would say it's only good ones that do it.
You've potted the opposition. So Anamoe doesn’t have to be much good, right?

You've potted the opposition. So Anamoe doesn’t have to be much good, right?

In some scenarios yes an average horse like Anamoe can get there, I see a strong chance of an average horse winning. Needs to improve to beat them all if they turn up though. Can pot them all at the top as I've said many times. VE, Zaaki go in with big question marks LST. SOR I like but wet track?. Anamoe I'm not certain gets 2000m. I'd love to see him assert dominance over the good horses doing well at 2000m. Not sure that's too hard to work out.

In some scenarios yes an average horse like Anamoe can get there, I see a strong chance of an average horse winning. Needs to improve to beat them all if they turn up though. Can pot them all at the top as I've said many times. VE, Zaaki go in with big question marks LST. SOR I like but wet track?. Anamoe I'm not certain gets 2000m. I'd love to see him assert dominance over the good horses doing well at 2000m. Not sure that's too hard to work out.
Yeah, but why do you CARE if it wins, if as you say it’s not beating much?

Yeah, but why do you CARE if it wins, if as you say it’s not beating much?
Would be a sign he runs 2000m and has likely improved to get there, but again would be a bit of how he won in that. I mean if he scrapes in after leading and all others blocked in running it's probably not a great result. But he has by far biggest ceiling as we know what Zaaki and VE are about being what near 7yos?

Would be a fresh change to beat them in their GFs

I actually should say Zaaki has best ceiling but he’s done it once in his life and seems more an anomaly than true indication. If he did that again though I’d be happy with that result. I doubt Anamoe ever beats that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a sign he runs 2000m and has likely improved to get there, but again would be a bit of how he won in that. I mean if he scrapes in after leading and all others blocked in running it's probably not a great result. But he has by far biggest ceiling as we know what Zaaki and VE are about being what near 7yos?

Would be a fresh change to beat them in their GFs
It‘ll be another golden Godolphin Spring 3yo which will likely regress in the Autumn and be ushered off to stud in the Spring next year. Yawn…

Likeable comments from Marc Lambourne this week

‘You can leave me out of the myth that is the 3yo in the cox plate. I’m happy to just lose the 1 in 7-8 years they randomly pop up and win’

My sentiments to a tee. Better of going with the older horses who you actually know are good enough to win if they run their best and something to think about when they are taking up 20% of the market

Last edited:

So guess you’ll be waiting at least 12 months

For all those hyping Anamoe vs Zaaki or VE …best way to describe its chances IMO
You know “that” scene in Deliverance?
Anamoe is the guy against tree
VE and Zaaki the hillbillies

A mate of mine…

“Zaaki was horrible last start and hasn’t really beat anyone”

Same mate…

“Anamoe is the one to beat”

Lolwot :think:

Well now that it doesn’t have Artorius to worry about it must be a super moral

I just hate the track pattern for Anamoe. Against this lot i cant see it rounding them up with 200 to go when they straighten. The rail was red hot last night and if that continues i cannot make a case for it.

I just hate the track pattern for Anamoe. Against this lot i cant see it rounding them up with 200 to go when they straighten. The rail was red hot last night and if that continues i cannot make a case for it.

Octagonal only 3yo to win it from off the pace in 30 years. If Anamoe does it so be it. Happy to concede to good. But it’s utter poison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back