Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a bold prediction. Restrictions will begin to gradually removed in in a weeks time.

Victorian schools we open at the start of term 2.
I'm in nsw, and my son's public school just emailed to say expect teachers to be working remotely throughout term 2. That means months of more homeschooling conditions for my family.

To me, I think there will be public pressure to lift the restrictions soon if our daily number of new cases are sub 30 like they are today.

Unless the government significantly expands the testing criteria such that any person off the street can get tested, then expect us to return extremely low numbers due to the decline in the number of returning travellers.

'nh country' ??
I'm not a scientist so can someone please explain..
Northern hemisphere. I assume the differentiation is because we are going into winter and they are going into summer. According to the Orange God, the pandemic will miraculously disappear as the weather gets warmer.
But he could be wrong. (Blasphemy, I know.)

You're not looking at this the right way mltc.

What is the point of lifting stage 3 SI whilst there's still 20 identified infections a day in Victoria?

20 can turn in to ~5000 in a single week!

To me, I think there will be public pressure to lift the restrictions soon if our daily number of new cases are sub 30 like they are today.

Unless the government significantly expands the testing criteria such that any person off the street can get tested, then expect us to return extremely low numbers due to the decline in the number of returning travellers.
If daily cases are still at about 30, and we relax the restrictions, the exponential curve will start up again. Gotta wait until they are much lower than that, and all contact testing is rigorous.

Some cartoons from the US to help you pass the lockdown. First the narcissist in chief. Makes me glad not to be an American.

covid91.jpg

Thanks to our healthcare workers who put themselves selflessly at risk

covid9.jpg
This one also reminds me why I am so glad I am not an American.
covid90.jpg

And we must never forget who made it
COVID-19.jpg

Politico has an interesting article looking at PRC disinformation - https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/04/china-fake-news-coronavirus-164652

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back