Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this lockdown sucks and everyone is miserable, so if they can direct that misery at people standing 5m apart on a beach by themselves photographed at a low angle to make it look crowded - then the people aren't angry at the government.

They see the rest of society as the problem and the government as the solution.

Plus, if it's going to get worse that same tactic will have the population literally asking for harsher measures because some people aren't in the same misery as they are.
The photos from Manly beach had nothing to do with angles, there were a shedload of people there

We are down to 2.4% new transmissions.

Why are the premiers grandstanding about how tough they will get?

Great article below.

Cause it makes them look good to the electorate. Its no different to being "tough on crime" and so on.

We are down to 2.4% new transmissions.

Why are the premiers grandstanding about how tough they will get?

Great article below.

You give these people far too much credit mate.

They are LITERALLY the bottom feeders of intelligentsia.

Chinese wet markets are filthy, disgusting cesspools of disease. Chinese culture is being criticized, nothing to do with race.... But that doesn't stop PC opportunists calling racism.

There's a video doing the rounds of a wet market in Indonesia, it puts China to shame. Too distressing to link here.

The photos from Manly beach had nothing to do with angles, there were a shedload of people there

Telephoto lenses have two main characteristics:
- Pull-in effect: Draws in faraway objects so that they look nearer to the camera than they actually are.
- Stacking effect: This makes things that are some distance away from each other appear closer together.

Clearly taken by a telephoto lens, as I said at the time.

So why do sars and covid come from China and not Indonesia?

.......and why does Hendra Virus come from Queensland?

This "wet market" stuff is a bit of a furphy.

HIV is hypothesized to have arisen from hunting and eating chimpanzee meat, and there were no "wet markets" factors involved.

So why do sars and covid come from China and not Indonesia?
Swine flu came from the US. I'd guess there is a random element to zootropic virus transmission.

.......and why does Hendra Virus come from Queensland?

This "wet market" stuff is a bit of a furphy.

HIV is hypothesized to have arisen from hunting and eating chimpanzee meat, and there were no "wet markets" factors involved.
Hiv is from a person ******* a monkey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFI. Why did it happen in Wuhan wet market and none of the hundreds of others?
Probability. More markets = higher chance
Indonesia wasn't top ten for nationals working away from home, China is top five - top three if you exclude Mexican people working in the USA
What's relevance?
Swine flu came from the US. I'd guess there is a random element to zootropic virus transmission.
Didn't it come from Mexico?

Hiv is from a person ******* a monkey
I think it's more likely that someone with an exposed wound came into contact with the blood of an animal they killed to eat.

A butcher in a village with a cut on the finger is more plausible to me than holding down a monkey and getting it on.

No matter what Dave says

The Spanish Flu was only termed the Spanish Flu because Spain were the first country to be open about the scope of infection.

What's relevance?
Distribution of the virus is more important to the western world than the creation of it. If this covid-19 had a 95% fatality rate and spread twice that of measles, but didn't get off an island in Indonesia because nobody came in or out during the month it jumped from the wet market to the humans - not a single news story would be running on it now and it would be relegated to an interesting paragraph in the history of virology.

If Chinese new year was this month, we probably aren't having a global problem now.

Some of the restrictions (and messaging) from politicians is absurd now and risks undermining legitimate management. WA had its fisheries Minister on the radio yesterday telling recreational fishermen to pull their heads in and stop fishing. He cited the example of a kayaker bumped by a shark that could easily have been bumped off and "someone might have had to rescue him". Well hello captain obvious but what does that have to do with Corona or fishing? People get taken by sharks all the time and have to get rescued, s**t happens. The bloke was exercising completely by himself.

I think it's more likely that someone with an exposed wound came into contact with the blood of an animal they killed to eat.

A butcher in a village with a cut on the finger is more plausible to me than holding down a monkey and getting it on.

No matter what Dave says

Hang on...............he was joking...............wasn't he?

Some of the restrictions (and messaging) from politicians is absurd now and risks undermining legitimate management. WA had its fisheries Minister on the radio yesterday telling recreational fishermen to pull their heads in and stop fishing. He cited the example of a kayaker bumped by a shark that could easily have been bumped off and "someone might have had to rescue him". Well hello captain obvious but what does that have to do with Corona or fishing? People get taken by sharks all the time and have to get rescued, s**t happens. The bloke was exercising completely by himself.
If I went off to climb Mt Imaginary down south by myself but a storm hit, I got snowed under and a team of people had to come and rescue me - it's causing a burden that was completely not required because I could go for a hike here instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back