XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there's a new achievement tone and a diamond in place of the trophy for rare achievements.
Not sure if if it's for everyone yet or just those in the preview, but I like it.

Plus you can see the percentage of people to get an achievement now.

My backlog is becoming way too big.

The red marking indicate games that I've put a decent amount of time into / cant see myself playing much of again (Except Destiny). This doesn't even include digital.

29gl5z8.jpg

It's taken a while but I think I've worked out my biggest issue with Microsoft.

It's their habit of having massive day one patches. Forza Horizion 3 & Halo 5 were about 4GB from memory, Gears 4 is a whopping 11GB when it only has 43GB on the disc. Surely some of that could be on the blu-ray?

That's ignoring the fact that Rare Replay & Halo MCC should have been 2 disc collections given the monster download lists that they give you.

It's just kid of annoying when you get home to play a new game and there's an 11 GB patch waiting for you day one.

Outside of that Microsoft have been great on the whole.

It's their habit of having massive day one patches. Forza Horizion 3 & Halo 5 were about 4GB from memory, Gears 4 is a whopping 11GB when it only has 43GB on the disc. Surely some of that could be on the blu-ray?

That's ignoring the fact that Rare Replay & Halo MCC should have been 2 disc collections given the monster download lists that they give you.

It's just kid of annoying when you get home to play a new game and there's an 11 GB patch waiting for you day one.

could play halo ce early- didnt have to wait for the full game to download.

At least they download faster than on psn

Yep, it's ****ed.

It's an issue no doubt, and is one of the big reasons I've moved to digital.
Pre-download, or download while at work and then come home to a game ready to play.

When the price is too good to refuse at retail I'll buy a disc, and then you do just have to accept that you won't be playing that day.

At least they download faster than on psn

This is why I mentioned it over Sony because Microsoft tends to drop huge day one patches on us. Most PS4 games day one patches were about 1GB from first party apart from Until Dawn which matched Gears 4 by being about 10-11 GB.

Plus everyone quite rightly shits on PSN's awful download speeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought the XB1 S on Sunday. Havent gotten around to setting it up yet.

Havent played console games much in recent years. Have to get back into the groove. Plan is to use it mainly as a media hub (instead of my 'smart' tv)

Pretty good month, played through Murdered: Soul Suspect about a month ago on PS4 and it was surprisingly enjoyable, if a little short and easy. Monkey Island is the GOAT and I finally get to finish Blood Dragon without having to dust off the old 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back