Multiplat Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon - Western release November 12th

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw a lot of the games are on Gamepass, worth playing before this?

Definitely.

As a fan on the Yakuza series, I say play them all. If you just want to dip your toes in, you can do Yakuza 6, Like A Dragon, Gaiden and Infinite Wealth (next year) in that order. LAD/Gaiden is a continuation of everything that happens during Y6.

Like A Dragon Ishin was just put on Gamepass and Gaiden (comes out on November 9th) is a Day 1 Gamepass drop. As a PlayStation gamer, I don’t know which Yakuza games are on Gamepass.

As a reference, Ishin is a remake of a spin-off title, so you can play that whenever you would like. Yakuza 0-6, Like A Dragon, Gaiden, Infinite Wealth are the main titles.

FYI: The old title for the series in the West was Yakuza. The new title for the series in the West (the Japanese title) is Like A Dragon.

Last edited:
Too bad Gaiden wasn't just a few days earlier to take advantage of the unofficial 4 day weekend in Victoria.

As great as the trailer looks and the game will be, do you think IGN will give the game a 5/10? 😂

Took a look at their LAD rating and was bowed over by the 7/10. One of the best Yakuza game and a 45+ hour monster and still can’t come close to IGN’s 9+ rating for every single average 5-6 hour COD game. 😂

As great as the trailer looks and the game will be, do you think IGN will give the game a 5/10? 😂

Took a look at their LAD rating and was bowed over by the 7/10. One of the best Yakuza game and a 45+ hour monster and still can’t come close to IGN’s 9+ rating for every single average 5-6 hour COD game. 😂

Can't wait for the reviews from those who have played maybe two RGG games in their life and completely miss the point.

Too bad Gaiden wasn't just a few days earlier to take advantage of the unofficial 4 day weekend in Victoria.
Not for me, I'm in Brisbane from the 2nd till the 9th. So the release date is perfect. Would hate to have to wait a week while you two are smashing through it! :tearsofjoy:

That said, I'm far more keen on Infinite Wealth than this, even though I know I'll enjoy this too.

Not for me, I'm in Brisbane from the 2nd till the 9th. So the release date is perfect. Would hate to have to wait a week while you two are smashing through it! :tearsofjoy:

That said, I'm far more keen on Infinite Wealth than this, even though I know I'll enjoy this too.

Yeah the more I see and read about Infinite Wealth the more I want it. Gaiden will be like a hors d'oeuvre.

Just saw a lot of the games are on Gamepass, worth playing before this?

If you've got about 6 months spare, sure :laughing:

This one is a little removed from the previous games. Still a sequel but different characters. Also a different style of game (previous ones are action/brawlers, this one is very JRPG). The only thing you'd be missing out on would be the context of the references.

If you've got about 6 months spare, sure :laughing:

This one is a little removed from the previous games. Still a sequel but different characters. Also a different style of game (previous ones are action/brawlers, this one is very JRPG). The only thing you'd be missing out on would be the context of the references.

Not that Ry009 shouldn’t find a spare 6 months, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back