Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 1.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall it is very good, a couple of small changes that I would try to make would be get in Kade Kolodjashnij instead of Cutler or a cheaper option is Laidler, woudln't want Cutler as my D6 personally.

KK will struggle to get consistent games in our 22 this year in my opinion, but rookies dont really matter at this point in the season anyway. Giles/Fuller would probably be my D6 anyway

In the mid you might consider swapping out Sheed for one of Polec, O'Rourke, Morabito or Taylor, I just think that Polec will score more and the other 3 are all cheaper by about 40k.

Each to their own, again its just rookies. Can easily switch Sheed if need be

For the ruck, you might be able to scrounge some money by getting one of Sandi, Grundy or HMac (probably not the last one),

Pass, lock and loading. Will probably stick with those two rucks all year :thumbsu: Sandi will inevitably get injured again and while he may be a good pick at his price in the meantime, I think I'd rather two solid options for the whole year hopefully

and devote it to upgrading someone like Clark to someone like Gray or Motlop or Gunston.

Again pass, Clark is very good for his price. Could use that 200k somewhere else than get one of those guys for the extra 5-10ppg. Cannot see any of them top 10 material at the end of the year, apart from Gray possibly.

and on the topic of forwards I'd suggest getting Lewie Taylor instead of one of the two you currently have there, highly likely to play at Brisbane after the mass exodus and the need to keep kids and give them gametime, as well as the added flexibility of the DPP

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Could use that 200k somewhere else than get one of those guys for the extra 5-10ppg

No. No he will not get anywhere near the 100 mark that Gray and the other three are likely to achieve, and you are willing to take Clark but not Sandi? is Clark not just as injury prone? He's played less games than Sandi since he went to Melb.
KK will struggle to get consistent games in our 22 this year in my opinion, but rookies dont really matter at this point in the season anyway.

Also KK won't struggle at all, he is simply better than all of the flankers except maybe Harbrow who he is probably on par with. I'd have Kade in ahead of: Hutchins, Shaw, May, Russell, Warnock, Murphy and Allen, most of which averaged more than 10 games last year. And if pushed he would challenge Broughton, McKenzie and Swallow for their places. Kolodjashnij has beaten most of the senior players in time trials and sprint tests showing that he can definitely run and he has been very competitive and capable against some of the older players in contact drills. Also his disposal is ELITE, far better than a lot of the players on your team.

No. No he will not get anywhere near the 100 mark that Gray and the other three are likely to achieve, and you are willing to take Clark but not Sandi? is Clark not just as injury prone? He's played less games than Sandi since he went to Melb.

Also KK won't struggle at all, he is simply better than all of the flankers except maybe Harbrow who he is probably on par with. I'd have Kade in ahead of: Hutchins, Shaw, May, Russell, Warnock, Murphy and Allen, most of which averaged more than 10 games last year. And if pushed he would challenge Broughton, McKenzie and Swallow for their places. Kolodjashnij has beaten most of the senior players in time trials and sprint tests showing that he can definitely run and he has been very competitive and capable against some of the older players in contact drills. Also his disposal is ELITE, far better than a lot of the players on your team.
Im just gonna leave it be haha, can't be bothered as it will just be back and forth :thumbsu:

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Bartel, KK, McDonald, Suckling (Fuller, Scharemberg)

MID: Pendlebury, Griffen, Beams, Barlow, Priddis, Daisy, J Martin, Michie (Morabito, O'Rourke)

RUC: Mumford, Sandi (Nankervis, Currie)

FWD: Dangerfield, D Martin, Gray, Taylor, Garlett, Bock (Kerstan, Towers)

Gone with no Abblett to begin with. Hopefully Priddis will gain enough value in opening rounds and Abblett comes down enough for a trade during round 9 bye. Otherwise the bye structure is too uneven for my liking with Abblett, Pendles, Beams, Danger and Dusty out.

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Bartel, KK, McDonald, Suckling (Fuller, Scharemberg)

MID: Pendlebury, Griffen, Beams, Barlow, Priddis, Daisy, J Martin, Michie (Morabito, O'Rourke)

RUC: Mumford, Sandi (Nankervis, Currie)

FWD: Dangerfield, D Martin, Gray, Taylor, Garlett, Bock (Kerstan, Towers)

Gone with no Abblett to begin with. Hopefully Priddis will gain enough value in opening rounds and Abblett comes down enough for a trade during round 9 bye. Otherwise the bye structure is too uneven for my liking with Abblett, Pendles, Beams, Danger and Dusty out.

I think you have one or even two to many premo mids, they pull money from other parts of the ground like a very weak def with KK at D4 and very weak forwards with Gray at D3 and Taylor at D4. Also you should consider downgrading mumford to Grundy or someone else around that price range because they will most likely do just as well if you pick the right one. I would also ditch Michie, I think there are way to many other better options that are cheaper as well and perhaps ditch Morabito cos he is so injury prone. Options may be Lewie Taylor, Matt Crouch, Polec, Dunstan and Hartung to name a few. I just think that atm the mid is a little OP and the rest is a little, well, weak

I think you have one or even two to many premo mids, they pull money from other parts of the ground like a very weak def with KK at D4 and very weak forwards with Gray at D3 and Taylor at D4. Also you should consider downgrading mumford to Grundy or someone else around that price range because they will most likely do just as well if you pick the right one. I would also ditch Michie, I think there are way to many other better options that are cheaper as well and perhaps ditch Morabito cos he is so injury prone. Options may be Lewie Taylor, Matt Crouch, Polec, Dunstan and Hartung to name a few. I just think that atm the mid is a little OP and the rest is a little, well, weak
Which mid would I get rid of? I feel with Bartel, McVeigh and Mitchell my backs are decent but I agree the forwards are weak

Alright a bit of restructuring, not sure about it but it's all trial at this point of the year.

TEAM NAME: Lumumba Is So Fat

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, T. Cutler (M. Fuller, C. Giles)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (M. Crouch, D. Garlett)

RUC: W. Minson, N. Naitanui (R. Lobb, M. King)

FWD: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, D. Zorko, M. Clark, N. Bock (S. Kersten, J. Kennedy-Harris)

Liked for the team name :D

Don't start with Minson. I'd be surprised if he kept up his average from last year, he might get close, but not near enough to justify his starting price. Go for Kreuer, or Sandi.

What are everyone's thoughts on Suckling?

My thoughts are that you cant have Suckling and Mitchell both in your backline. Its either one or the other.

Sucklings not a bad option as your D4 if you don't have Mitchell in your backline IMO.

Talking purely from a bye structure of coure.

I think Birchall will still cop the number 1 tag even with Suckling in the team so he's a good option. :thumbsu:

My thoughts are that you cant have Suckling and Mitchell both in your backline. Its either one or the other.

Sucklings not a bad option as your D4 if you don't have Mitchell in your backline IMO.

Talking purely from a bye structure of coure.

I think Birchall will still cop the number 1 tag even with Suckling in the team so he's a good option. :thumbsu:
I was really keen on Suckling, then I looked on the hawks board and he seems to be a major sub/subbed off risk.

I want to pick him but spending 300k on a sub prone player is risky.

Too early to say what his 'role' will be,

Watch his nab cup form,

fully fit, he'll play plenty of minutes,

Hawks will want his foot skills on the park, as much as possible,

I reckon Hawks will use his return to release Mitchell back to midfield more in '14,

IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why????
trading rules means dpp links are not anywhere near as crucial
You'd rather have a link option/s even if you use it a couple of times through the season. Coule save you a trade or two for the pointy end.

DEF: A Walker, J Bartel, S Mitchell, H Shaw, KK, L McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)

MID: S Pendlebury, M Barlow, M Priddis, D Beams, D Thomas, M White, J Martin, J Polec (A Morabito, J O'Rourke)

RUC: B Grundy, A Sandilands (T Nankervis, D Currie)

FWD: P Dangerfield, D Martin, C Rioli, D Zorko, G Rohan, L Taylor (D Garlett, S Kerstan)

$18600 left. Not sure on who to have for M2. I did have Griffen but I'm not sure

Priddis, no doubt. All the others will be better or have more upside than Priddis
Priddis will average around 120 in his first 8 rounds or so. Change him to Gazza when his price spikes during his bye. I got rid of Barlow and Griffen and replaced with J Selwood and M White. Brought in Zorko and Heath Shaw. Bit different to the team I had above

Got my projected to 1964 but thats pretty much basment rookies so its not reality lol.

Sitting on 1916.8 wirh a team im happy with

Got my projected to 1964 but thats pretty much basment rookies so its not reality lol.

Sitting on 1916.8 wirh a team im happy with
Are you guys including rookies scores? My team looks really dodgy compared to those scores

Unsure why quiet a few have Morabito last time he played he only AV 50 sc.Preseason look he how he goes.

Should have reasonable JS? Plus he's a good price, at that price it doesn't matter if he is scoring 50's.

Unsure why quiet a few have Morabito last time he played he only AV 50 sc.Preseason look he how he goes.

Good price, supremely talented, good JS. When he averaged 50, it was his first season, and he played nearly every game. Next year will be his 5th year in the system, and he'll be priced at a rookie price. If fit, then he could be a very astute pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back