Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 1.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not gonna happen...
Your opinion, my opinion. It's all the same until proven right or wrong. You can't guarantee it won't any more than I can guarantee it will.

Where im at right now. Not too sure on a lot of the rookie/wookies, will have to wait until pre-season for that.

Mate, you're going to miss out on at least 100 points every round with that defence. Hope the **** I get to play you in the first round of our $$$ league.

Apart from your pissweak defence (too reliant on D1-D4 who are all risky) the rest of your team looks very strong. :thumbsu:

I disagree with you there Gingy.

Sure I don't have any real premiums up back but I really think Grimes, Waters, Swallow and Sucking can all score around a 90 average if not more for Waters.

Besides I make up for my shortfall in defense with my forward line I reckon while my midfield isnt too shabby.

I think my team will hold up till upgrade time where I'll probably target Bartel, Mitchell or McVeigh as my first upgrade. :thumbsu:

DEF: A Walker, J Bartel, D Swallow, K Kolojashnij, L McDonald, S Mitchell (M Fuller, M Scharemberg)

MID: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, D Thomas, M Priddis, J O'Rourke, V Michie, J Martin (Morabito, Taylor)

RUC: A Sandilands, S Mumford (D Currie, T Nankervis)

FWD: P Dangerfield, R Gray, D Garlett, C Sylvia, N Bock, L Franklin (M Taberner, J Paine)

More ideas. Most aren't convinced with Sylvia but I really reckon with the lower interchanges that he will spend time rotating with Fyfe and Mundy at the Dockers through the midfield. Good POD hopefully. Would love to somehow get in Dayne Beams but can't seem to fit him in. Had Wingard but dropped him; harder draw meaning less consistency IMO.

Ok had a bit more of a play around with my team.

Downgraded M.Clark to Bock to free up cash and then replaced Grimes and Swallow with Bartel and Mitchell.

Downgraded Suckling to Langdon and brought Laidler onto the ground.

I reckon Kolodjashnij and McDonald could hold down D4 and D5 till upgrade time.

Not sure about D6. Maybe Laidler or another rookie like Fuller? o_O

Danger fwd is a gift for all.
Like the zorko and gray.
Not much love for parker considering he never gets tagged. Could be a top 10 fwd at years end

Ok had a bit more of a play around with my team.

Downgraded M.Clark to Bock to free up cash and then replaced Grimes and Swallow with Bartel and Mitchell.

Downgraded Suckling to Langdon and brought Laidler onto the ground.

I reckon Kolodjashnij and McDonald could hold down D4 and D5 till upgrade time.

Not sure about D6. Maybe Laidler or another rookie like Fuller? o_O

Its a good team for sure... I just don't think it is great.

Its a good team for sure... I just don't think it is great.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Sure its not going to be great but with only $10 Million dollar salary cap I think its pretty much as good as I could get.

I think my forwards, rucks and mids are pretty spot on. Would have liked one more premo back but I was strtching things as it was in the end.

May put Franklin back in for Tippet. Last forward spot is out of Tippet, Franklin, Dixon.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Sure its not going to be great but with only $10 Million dollar salary cap I think its pretty much as good as I could get.

I think my forwards, rucks and mids are pretty spot on. Would have liked one more premo back but I was strtching things as it was in the end.

May put Franklin back in for Tippet. Last forward spot is out of Tippet, Franklin, Dixon.
Picks that I don't love (not saying they are bad, just ones I wouldn't go with) are Tippett, Chapman, Daisy Thomas, Laidler, Kolodj and Bartel. I am no longer sold on Bartel and Chappy, I think they are well past it now and there are better options available this year. Tippett didn't score that great last year, now add in Spuddy he will go down even more. Laidler probably won't get many games and I don't think Kolodj will in his first year either. I think Luke McDonald is good, however I do not possibly see who he will push out of the North team to get consistent games next year. Their midfield goes very deep.

Pick I do like are the Watson, Rocky in the mids, Zorko and Gray up forward

Picks that I don't love (not saying they are bad, just ones I wouldn't go with) are Tippett, Chapman, Daisy Thomas, Laidler, Kolodj and Bartel. I am no longer sold on Bartel and Chappy, I think they are well past it now and there are better options available this year. Tippett didn't score that great last year, now add in Spuddy he will go down even more. Laidler probably won't get many games and I don't think Kolodj will in his first year either. I think Luke McDonald is good, however I do not possibly see who he will push out of the North team to get consistent games next year. Their midfield goes very deep.

Laidler and Kolodj are just in the team at the moment till rookies become more clearer during NAB Cup.

I think at his price Thomas is a super bargain providing his ankle is ok. I can see Murphy getting all the attention and Thomas doing whatever he likes.

Chappy at his price is worth a punt I reckon.

Bartel I could swap with McVeigh. Was always out of McVeigh, Mitchell and Bartel if I was going to get 2 premos in the backs.

Daisy - if fit is the best bargain of 2014
Laidler - didnt get malthouses tick but Swans have an amazing ability to recycle players, if he gets games is far better body wise than a rookie and priced at a rookies price
Chapman - only played 5 or so games last year, injuries are his concern agreed
Bartel - could be the cats boomer Harvey, just seems to find a way of scoring (i wont be having him but he is class)
Luke McDonald - Kangas didn't take him at pick 8 or so for nothing, has elite kicking ability and will get games early IMO, he is simply better than some others
Kolodj - rookie spot only easily replaced by another playing rookie
Finally Tippett - this is where i think you are really wrong. Only played 10 games with Swans game style last year (will improve his own impact on games purely based on this) No Mumford will mean more ruck time for Tippett. Buddy plays higher fwd, almost a wing style similar to Matty Richardson in his prime which will only mean more opportunities for Tippett IMO.

Just my opinions of course:thumbsu:

DEF: A Walker, J Bartel, D Swallow, K Kolojashnij, L McDonald, S Mitchell (M Fuller, M Scharemberg)

MID: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, D Thomas, M Priddis, J O'Rourke, V Michie, J Martin (Morabito, Taylor)

RUC: A Sandilands, S Mumford (D Currie, T Nankervis)

FWD: P Dangerfield, R Gray, D Garlett, C Sylvia, N Bock, L Franklin (M Taberner, J Paine)

More ideas. Most aren't convinced with Sylvia but I really reckon with the lower interchanges that he will spend time rotating with Fyfe and Mundy at the Dockers through the midfield. Good POD hopefully. Would love to somehow get in Dayne Beams but can't seem to fit him in. Had Wingard but dropped him; harder draw meaning less consistency IMO.

Priddis > Beams

Sylvia > DMartin

Priddis is a consistent scorer, but not going to be top 10 SC at end of year,

Dusty, barring injury/suspension, should be top 10 SC fwds in scoring,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis > Beams

Sylvia > DMartin

Priddis averages something like 120 (from last 3 games played) against his first 5 opponents. Could be a master stroke to start with him and upgrade just before WCE bye.

Daisy - if fit is the best bargain of 2014
Laidler - didnt get malthouses tick but Swans have an amazing ability to recycle players, if he gets games is far better body wise than a rookie and priced at a rookies price
Chapman - only played 5 or so games last year, injuries are his concern agreed
Bartel - could be the cats boomer Harvey, just seems to find a way of scoring (i wont be having him but he is class)
Luke McDonald - Kangas didn't take him at pick 8 or so for nothing, has elite kicking ability and will get games early IMO, he is simply better than some others
Kolodj - rookie spot only easily replaced by another playing rookie
Finally Tippett - this is where i think you are really wrong. Only played 10 games with Swans game style last year (will improve his own impact on games purely based on this) No Mumford will mean more ruck time for Tippett. Buddy plays higher fwd, almost a wing style similar to Matty Richardson in his prime which will only mean more opportunities for Tippett IMO.

Just my opinions of course:thumbsu:
Can't argue with any of that mate, very valid points all of them. I am sure a North supporter could shed a little more light, will McDonald actually play from rnd 1? And who will he push out?

I think I am just pissed at Tippett cause I took a risky punt on him late last year and he burned me lol.

Daisy I just don't like as a person lol, but I guess if he is fit and firing I can't pass on him.

Speaking of Boomer, I had him all last year after he came back from suspension and was the best pickup all year for me. I think he will dominate again next year, especially with Nicky Dal in, I cannot see him getting the tag over Wells and Nicky.

Priddis > Beams

Sylvia > DMartin

Put in Martin. Had a bit of a rethink against Sylvia. I managed to get in both Beams and Priddis by dropping buddy and moving around ny rookies to open up a spot. I've only got Priddis because of what I read in SC Paige. He averages over 105 against the teams Eagles play first up. Will upgrade during byes probably to J Selwood

Priddis averages something like 120 (from last 3 games played) against his first 5 opponents. Could be a master stroke to start with him and upgrade just before WCE bye.

not the BLOODY Priddis the Plodder chat again!:D

Would have been your favourite player back then, surely.....:cool:

Was never much of a fan TBH. I remember this one time during an Army Reserves game at the Lakeside oval he was running along the wing, ponytail flowing when he was sling tackled from behind by his hair. If memory serves me correctly he was pinged for holding the ball. lolz

Bartel is one of the 3 premier backmen in supercoach this year... due to his amazing season off the back of an injury... chappy I can agree with. IMO Thomas will fire next year, change of scenery and mick malthouse will get the best out of him, also last season was his kinda ruined by injuries for him. Laidler will play, Sydney wouldn't have picked him otherwise, Mcdonald is actually a Backman not a mid and the Kangaroos defence isn't exactly stoic...
Tippett, WHAT ARE YOU ON?! He will be better because he will now get the second defender and you can forget about him being double teamed, he'll be like Roughead when Franklin was playing, basically let free so that Franklin could be doubled and tripled. If you didnt notice key forwards usually do better if there are TWO of them! IMHO.

Heres another take on my team.

Swapped Bartel to McVeigh although could still put Bartel back in.

Brought Dangerfield and Wingard into the forwards and dropped Tippet and Gray.

As a result though of all this I had to downgrade Chapman down to M.Clark so my F5 is weaker than before but to balance it out have Dangerfield back in my forward line.

Whats everyone think? o_O

Heres another take on my team.

Swapped Bartel to McVeigh although could still put Bartel back in.

Brought Dangerfield and Wingard into the forwards and dropped Tippet and Gray.

As a result though of all this I had to downgrade Chapman down to M.Clark so my F5 is weaker than before but to balance it out have Dangerfield back in my forward line.

Whats everyone think? o_O

Looks much better to me mate. Danger and Wingard are big improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back