Opinion Your 3 to watch - Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Id say Parfitt has a strong opportunity with no Joel but its true, there are others coming for his spot. Yes he was lucky but there is usually a lucky players or two and an unlucky one or two. Id say his time has come and its time to step up. 25 and over 100 games. He should be in his prime. Contracted till 2024. The next two years should be career defining.
Parfitt's strength is in tight around the contest can win a clearances but to me he seems just to lack that awareness of what's around him at times and misses the first opportunity to dish off and tends to run himself into trouble looking for the second option.I'd like to see a little more aggression in his game and take it on a bit more he should get that chance with Joel gone.He's the one I think gets the job first up.

1. Mark O'Connor. He was back to near his best in the GF, and brought some physicality to the game. And I'd nearly forgotten how quick he is. If he can also add a little bit to his aerial game- he's the same height as Jack Henry- we've got a serious weapon.

2. Toby Conway. Stanley and Cegs aren't getting any younger, Neale is more of a forward, and Sav isn't up to it. We need this guy to come on or face a future without a decent ruckman.

3. Tom Hawkins. How long can he keep going? He seems ageless. Currently he sits 19th on the list of all-time goal kickers but the next four aren't that far ahead of him. Another two good seasons and he'd break Selwood's club games record and wind up passing Bernie Quinlan into 11th place for goals. I think that would be an amazing legacy.
sadly, 2 and 3 are going to be out awhile; would like to see your "emergencies"

1. Holmes - still huge upside after a great season. Could see him in All Aust squad by seasons end with a good run at it.

2. Jhye Clark - first high pick in a long time, excited to see him play and hopefully find a spot early

3. Blicavs - this guy just does everything for us. No idea where he will be training over pre season but a full pre season as an actual mid may make him even better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back